Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

DIY - Matte Black Emblems - Plastidip, no emblem removal required!

Old 06-20-14, 11:46 AM   #1126
boogielex
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

how old are those shocks and struts you have WeareGiant? if they still really good I might be interested. would they fit a 96 sc400? let me know
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
boogielex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 03:31 PM   #1127
IS25006
Driver School Candidate

Did this today for the back of my IS. Went surprisingly well. The rubber tears off pretty easily around the emblems, helps to cut a bit around it before you start to peel. I did have a couple little areas of a little coming off but it's barely noticeable. Thanks for the idea!
IS25006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 06:52 PM   #1128
WNYX
Driver School Candidate

Well, count me in. I'm not sure about the spoiler yet (but the fact that there are white spots where I missed might make my decision easier). Also, the AWD has a little part of the chrome peeking through.
Removing the excess material from the middle of the A was so tough! And some of my letters have tiny nicks from where the toothpick hit it while I was trying to remove the excess material. The good thing is that it's relatively easy to do, so no problems redoing it later.

A quick question for those that have already done this. When I tried to remove some of the excess material, it wound up snapping underneath the emblems. In the future, if I decide to remove the Plasti Dip, will the material underneath the emblems come along? I'm worried about it being stuck under there.

Thanks for the easy to follow tutorial, wearegiant.
Attached Images

WNYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 07:41 AM   #1129
xZhongChen
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYX View Post
Well, count me in. I'm not sure about the spoiler yet (but the fact that there are white spots where I missed might make my decision easier). Also, the AWD has a little part of the chrome peeking through.
Removing the excess material from the middle of the A was so tough! And some of my letters have tiny nicks from where the toothpick hit it while I was trying to remove the excess material. The good thing is that it's relatively easy to do, so no problems redoing it later.

A quick question for those that have already done this. When I tried to remove some of the excess material, it wound up snapping underneath the emblems. In the future, if I decide to remove the Plasti Dip, will the material underneath the emblems come along? I'm worried about it being stuck under there.

Thanks for the easy to follow tutorial, wearegiant.
I the same model as you, and now i want to make the spoiler black... I think i might almost be done with my first can of plastidip. Its unfortunate that plastidip doubled in price since last year here...

In the mean time, I finally got around to plastidipping my front grill. No more chrome!

Click the image to open in full size.

I shouldnt have bothered removing the excess from the rubber piece between the hood and the grill... theres a tiny silver lining you can see if you look closely
xZhongChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 07:41 AM

Tags
blck, car, clublexus, dip, emblem, feel, is250, is350, lexus, like, matte, plasti, plastic, plastidip, roof, sanding