IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2011 Headlights (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-11, 08:19 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is it that because I have halogen headlamps I'm forced to buy the loaded version?
Why can't I get the stripped version and use my own bulbs and ballasts?
Or can I? I basically want to know if the stripped set is still plug and play for us halogen guys.
I want to retrofit a different projector anyways Darrel so I'm gonna bake these open in my oven as it is.

BETTER YET, will you just sell the plug and play wires? I ask cause that way I can buy a used set of Ebay/or junk yard and instead of having to splice all the wires I can just buy your plug and play wires and call it a day.
Old 12-13-11, 08:21 PM
my07is350
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know what it means what I'm asking is the price of it after $600 off, is it $2000 after the discount or $1400.
Old 12-13-11, 08:41 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Sewell how could I get that$600 discount? I would love to buy one thanks
Old 12-13-11, 08:56 PM
HIDness
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by my07is350
I know what it means what I'm asking is the price of it after $600 off, is it $2000 after the discount or $1400.
$1400 after the discount....add it to your cart and enter the promo code.
Old 12-14-11, 06:03 AM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HIDness
$1400 after the discount....add it to your cart and enter the promo code.
What is the promo code?
Old 12-14-11, 06:16 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by CCJ22
Why... ?
We offer two options for your convenience. One option is the loaded version and the other is the stripped version. The loaded is exactly what it implies, it's loaded with every bulb, ballast, wire required for the seamless, easy-to-install plug in the headlamp and turn on your lights and go. We assembly everything for you before hand. We try to take out the hassle and make your life easier.

The other however is the more economical version. It's stripped down of everything but the essentials. The light ballast is expensive and so is the HID bulb. If your IS is already equipped with HID lamps from the factory, then you already have the ballast and you already have the bulb. Why buy another right.

The loaded lamp option is required for Halogen users because it includes the required light ballast and HID bulb. However, if you've out-smarted us then I suspect you'll want to source your own light ballast and bulb on your own to lessen the cost. Be that as it may, you're welcome to purchase either lamp option, just realize what we're offering is what we know.

Darrel
Old 12-14-11, 06:25 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by sick
What is the promo code?
Promo code you ask?

It's on our Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/SewellParts?...07611949261673.

Love us or not, all our near future promotions, specials and everything else will be funneled through Facebook. I would humbly suggest clicking Like - you can always Unlike us later.

Darrel
Old 12-14-11, 06:46 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by cleetan
I've attached a picture of the manual headlight adjustment dial I am talking about.

As mentioned when I upgraded from my '06 halogens to the '11 HIDs (from Sewell) - I lost the ability to manually adjust the headlight level through this dial.

I know I can manually adjust the lights using the adjustment screws, but this is a real pain! Surely the '11 HID auto headlight levelling through the AFS computer uses the same control wires to the servos which pitch the lights as the manual headlight adjustment dial.

Has anyone else encountered this??? Help!
wow, I never see any 2nd IS has that option before? maybe canadian version?, but I guess no one on this forum has that? only you
Old 12-14-11, 09:58 AM
Deathrow23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dang, Wish you guys had the preloaded option months ago, when i had to figure everything out for myself.
Old 12-14-11, 10:15 AM
my07is350
Pole Position

Darell,
I put in an order (order# 82908) for the stripped version a couple days ago and have yet to receive it. Now that you offer this promotion, shall I send this back and put in a new order again or shall I have the credit of $600 without having to send it back and forth, completed the sign in on facebook already and been trying to get ahold of you on the phone to no avail. Please advise. Thanks.
Old 12-14-11, 10:42 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Originally Posted by Sewell
Promo code you ask? It's on our Facebook page here:
There are those of us, definitely in the minority, who will have nothing to do with a social web site. I stay away, far away, from Twitter, Facebook, and what have you for a lot of reasons.

If you post your promo codes on Facebook, you will be missing out on customers who feel as I do. Maybe we are in the minority, but we do exist.

Lou
Old 12-15-11, 05:36 AM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sewell
We offer two options for your convenience. One option is the loaded version and the other is the stripped version. The loaded is exactly what it implies, it's loaded with every bulb, ballast, wire required for the seamless, easy-to-install plug in the headlamp and turn on your lights and go. We assembly everything for you before hand. We try to take out the hassle and make your life easier.

The other however is the more economical version. It's stripped down of everything but the essentials. The light ballast is expensive and so is the HID bulb. If your IS is already equipped with HID lamps from the factory, then you already have the ballast and you already have the bulb. Why buy another right.

The loaded lamp option is required for Halogen users because it includes the required light ballast and HID bulb. However, if you've out-smarted us then I suspect you'll want to source your own light ballast and bulb on your own to lessen the cost. Be that as it may, you're welcome to purchase either lamp option, just realize what we're offering is what we know.

Darrel
Darrel, sorry for confusion. I should have asked... If I order the stripped version (whether I have an HID IS or a halogen IS) will it come with that plug and play harness or am I going to have to splice wires? Everyone that has bought headlights used from flea bay has to splice all sorts of wires to get the DRL to work properly etc... It SOUNDS as if you all have made a plug and play "harness" that plays nice with our factory harness. As you said the loaded version comes with everything needed. The stripped comes without HID's and bulbs... But does the stripped come with the plug and play harness? If it DOES I'll forget all about buying cheaper headlights on Ebay or a junk yard and cut out all the splicing headaches and buy your just slightly more expensive headlights at $600 for 1 $1200 for the pair as long as it comes with said harness that requires no splicing to get the DRL LED's to play nice.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for your response.
-Sincerly, future burnt hole in my pocket
Old 12-15-11, 07:12 AM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

BOTH kits still does not play nice with AFS system right?

BTW, no love for us FaceBook haters?
Old 12-15-11, 08:22 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Starting in 2011 Lexus no longer offered the AFS, Adaptive Front Lighting System. Because this option was discontinued it does not exist in the headlamps. With this its safe to say the latest LED lights do not have the AFS (a passive safety feature integrated into the car).

Darrel
Old 12-15-11, 08:24 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by Dj_AmtraX
... no love for us FaceBook haters?
Thats funny - I hate forums.

Darrel

Quick Reply: 2011 Headlights (merged threads)