Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The mod you regret the most.

Old 05-26-14, 09:40 PM   #256
Zelfiris
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyOhBoy View Post
I'm thinking about going with UAS for air. Any warnings?
Depends what struts you're going to run them with. But UAS, as the name states is universal so the ride comfort may not be as good as bags build for the car.

Also for the rear bags you want to find out the size of the bags you are getting so there is absolute clearance
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 06-26-14, 06:14 PM   #257
MikeFoxx
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

MikeFoxx MikeF0xx

This is a great thread for us newer owners to learn from. I went through 5 grills on my GS before I had the one I liked. Could have put that money elsewhere.

Build Thread: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...350-build.html

Are those authentic parts... or nah?
MikeFoxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-14, 06:43 PM   #258
FSportIS
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (7)

The mod i regret most is the first mod because right after that, I almost go bankrupt spending too much money on many other mods and still the journey never ends so...
2012 IS250 FSport Package & Nav: FSport Exhaust & Intake & Rear Sway Bar, Eibach Springs, TSW Nurburgring Wheels, 3M Clear Bra, Blue Brake Calipers, Molded MyRide Diffuser, 8000k HID all around, Blue Interior LEDs, JL Audio, Opticoat Entire Car.

2006 IS350 Luxury Package & Nav & Mark Levinson : FSport Springs & Shocks & Rear Sway Bar, M2 exhaust, Yellow Brake Calipers, MyRide Diffuser, 3000k HID Fog, Opticoat Entire Car.
FSportIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 05:48 AM   #259
SubieChik
Lead Lap

subie_chik

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCIS View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't regret getting a 250?
Not at all. Apparently power is everything to everyone on these forums Yes it is slow but not THAT bad. I have a 500hp STI in the driveway if I want to go fast
I got the 250 for the manual....I cannot do automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelfiris View Post
Only regret is going air suspension.. most hassle and most expensive mod to fail on me.
I couldn't be happier with mine I have Accuair though....not universal.

The only mod I regret is trying to debadge my trunk. I ripped the badges off and broke one in half. Once I saw the holes underneath I very quickly put the badges on but you can see where is is broke

Current '08 IS250 '08 ISF '93 Toyota Soarer GT-T Gone & Missed '06 Subaru Legacy GT SpecB '01 Subaru RSTI '08 Subaru STI
SubieChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 06:21 AM   #260
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (4)

19" wheels in NYC with stretched tires. You can figure how that played out.
Old 06-27-14, 09:57 AM   #261
eplugplay
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keppie View Post
I never modded and have no regrets. I did my fair share in the past with prior vehicles. If you don't like it as it is don't buy it.
I totally agree with this. I modded my civic 13 years ago and I regret pouring money into the thing. I know its just a civic but I learned the hard way that sometimes stock is just comfortable.

I remember I dropped my civic got new springs, intake, headers, new exhaust etc.. and whenever it rained here in Houston the dropped car would suffer. Now I just love the 350 the way it is stock, although lately the only thing that I would eventually consider upgrading is the F-Sport sway bar set for a little better handling.

I bought my IS350 fully loaded minus the F-Sport package + Mark Levinson so I do have the 18" alloy wheels and I do like them. Sometime in the later future I'll upgrade the rims but probably stick with 18" rim size.

Last edited by eplugplay; 06-27-14 at 10:03 AM..
eplugplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 01:56 PM   #262
rawr2is250
Pole Position

Always regret the first mod, because after that it just becomes a money dump and addicting, but all in all I love my car!
rawr2is250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 08:14 AM   #263
sm1ke
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (5)

sm1ke_ sm1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by eplugplay View Post
I totally agree with this. I modded my civic 13 years ago and I regret pouring money into the thing. I know its just a civic but I learned the hard way that sometimes stock is just comfortable.

I remember I dropped my civic got new springs, intake, headers, new exhaust etc.. and whenever it rained here in Houston the dropped car would suffer. Now I just love the 350 the way it is stock, although lately the only thing that I would eventually consider upgrading is the F-Sport sway bar set for a little better handling.

I bought my IS350 fully loaded minus the F-Sport package + Mark Levinson so I do have the 18" alloy wheels and I do like them. Sometime in the later future I'll upgrade the rims but probably stick with 18" rim size.
I just find this so ridiculous. We are not sheep. We don't all have to like the way a car looks from the factory. It's fine if that is someone's personal preference, but for Keppie to say "If you don't like it as it is, don't buy it" is just . Who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn't like?? Lol

And of course you'd regret mods that you did 13 years ago. A lot can change in 13 years, personal taste, current fads and trends, etc. Modding is a learning process, you find out what you like and don't like about the car by changing parts of it. I'm sure your preferences have matured over the years, so comparing the stuff you did 13 years ago to the car you have now is not a fair comparison.
sm1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 09:03 AM   #264
SubieChik
Lead Lap

subie_chik

^thank you! I agree 100% I just wasn't going to say it LOL

Current '08 IS250 '08 ISF '93 Toyota Soarer GT-T Gone & Missed '06 Subaru Legacy GT SpecB '01 Subaru RSTI '08 Subaru STI
SubieChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 09:03 AM