Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TokerIS350
I went through that stage once.. :P
Really? I would have never thought Any pics? lol
Old 07-26-10, 06:55 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suggest for your next modification you look into F-sport sway bars (certainly rear ones, at least). I would personally get F-sport sway bars before purely cosmetic body kits such as WALD and such (in fact, that's precisely what I did).

F-sport sway bars are a must for any driving enthusiast. If you're more of a straight line guy, that's fine, but the IS350 is much more fun on twisty roads with F-sport sway bars installed.

Before I had F-sport sway bars, I'd go WOT every now and then to satiate my adrenaline appetite. After F-sport sway bars, I get a much larger rush by attacking windy roads over accelerating hard on straightaways, although I still do that every now and then (When you have 300 HP+ coupled with such aggressive gearing, the car almost begs you to)

Anyways, get F-sport sway bars (rear at least) for your next modification. F-sport sway bars should be mandatory for all CL IS350 drivers.
Old 07-26-10, 07:41 PM
YooNiBaLL
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to CL! not gonna lie but your cars look way out of place in your neighborhood. rofl
Old 07-26-10, 08:34 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MiiK350
Really? I would have never thought Any pics? lol
Lol i don't. deleted most of them i think
CF Vented Hood, CF Trunk (Top Lid Only), Gold BBS LM Replicas...
you dont wana see pictures haha
Old 07-26-10, 08:55 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to CL! Love the brakes, I have those too. Your car is a bit more dressed up than mine (mine only has the brakes and the exhaust) so to me it's pretty cool. Well, ANY car here is much cooler than mine because mine is a plain jane. But I'm working on it! Hopefully I will be able to buy the rear sway bar for it within the next month or so.

Oh and.. That Chevelle? THAT would be a nice project car.
Old 07-26-10, 09:05 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

Welcome to CL! I kinda like the hood.
Old 07-26-10, 09:29 PM
JoeCombs
Pole Position

even though your getting hated on pretty bad, people here know what they're talking about, regardless of how harsh they are.

loose the chrome, drop the car, and just try to go for a sporty look and you just might pull off that hood...
Old 07-26-10, 10:38 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can the hood be painted maybe?

I'm saying good night for now.
Old 07-26-10, 11:54 PM
ernestfyu
Lead Lap

you need to put on some more aggressive mods to pull that hood off. =P
Old 07-27-10, 12:32 AM
CT9ARS
Driver School Candidate

Diggin the fabulous lip and black roof. The brakes aren't too bad either. Not a fan of the hood but you can pull it off with more complementing mods.
I would definitely lose the chrome headlight, taillight trim and leds.
I would also go for a painted grill surround and black pearl emblems. It appears as if you are going for a sportier more performance oriented look. I would throw on some aggressive wheels to match the look like black TE37s or the new RG-Ds or RZ-DFs in matte black. Drop it with JIC's. F-sport sways and rear bbk would definitely balance it out.

But as others have said its your car and your vision and do what pleases you. Goodluck with the project.
Old 07-27-10, 12:39 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

On the positive, you are a brave soul. On the negative, the car.
Best wishes.
Old 07-27-10, 01:19 AM
bigbum
Rookie

i love the brakes dude, but other than that... im not feeling it at all. as long as ur happy mate.
Old 07-27-10, 02:04 AM
uz07lex
Lexus Test Driver

I commented on all of you all but i guess i left the computer for too long and was logged out lol. Well lets begin again

Originally Posted by Initial G
Welcome to CL and the IS family. I can't believe your ES300 lasted for 207K miles... thats amazing.

Nice looking IS you have the black roof on MRM looks great and really stands out. Not sure the cf hood is for me, but to each his own. How is the fitment of the hood? I only ask because in the second picture, the hood looks a little off. Maybe fitment is on point and the picture is a little off? Any plans to lower the car in the future? Some coil overs will do wonders for the IS. Also a cf wald would match really well with the hood if you're planning that route...

Interested in the cf engine covers? Any more pics of the engine bay?

I do have some more pics and will post them soon. The ES and all my car get taken care off by me. CF hood doesnt seem to be loved at all on the Board. I do need to adjust it a little. As much as I want to drop it I cant its ot practicle in NYC the raods are horrible my lip wouldnt stand a chance especially because this is my DD.

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
wow~ it appears you're gonna rice the IS too~ its your car/your money so good luck, if you're happy then i'm happy for you.
Well i take it rice means tacky. But im not done yet so who knows what the future holds.
Old 07-27-10, 04:13 AM
uz07lex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MiiK350
Come on guys, let's help him out instead of giving him a hard time.

Op: This is your car and only your opinion matters. But my opinions would be to first lose the chrome around the headlights and taillights. The LEDs don't look in place on any IS350. From there h&r springs and powdercoat your wheels gunmetal or black. That alone would make a good difference. Then I would paint the grill surround and emblems black pearl. But that is just me. Your car is your car, & what you like is all that matters.

Editaint your headlight housing and fogs black and that would look really sick IMO

I was planning on getting the headlights that one of the CL members were selling but Isuxel beet me to it by a few hours. I want to try something different with the LED like the range and I would like to black out the housing of the next set of lights that I get but ill have to wait till someone else sells theres. I cant do without my DD. And dropping it is a big nono for me because of the roads in NYC there horrible.The grill and chrome trim im going to smoke when I get around to ripping out the headlights and so on but I dont even know when that will be.

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
We can help the guy but it's hard to change his style. That's only something he's going to decide. Welcome to the boards buddy.
Thank you for the welcome but hay if you ever decide to get rid of some light let me know.

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
one thing i dont understand, on the eclipse, whats with the big widebody kit and no proper wheel size/offests to fill out the~ fenders? I've seen lots of guys do that, i assume you put on the widebody kits so you can run way more aggressive wheels but ppl dont so it looks off... is that a style choice?
Ok with the eclipse i bought the wheels first and a year later then decide to do the widebody. Now I got real busy with work and school i have o time for her anymore.. But one day ill get back to finishing her up.

Originally Posted by 305iskid
This has to be in the top ten of ugly is350s, sorry but you taste in cars sucks
Top ten wow. At least im on the top of something lol.

Originally Posted by 516IS
I like your BBK, your engine cover is unique...
Thank you. The BBK is one of my favorite mods too.

Originally Posted by Muggy
Anyways, to the OP: IMO I think your car will look good if you remove the hood, chrome lining, and the LED... I mean with all your other mods your at a awesome start.. Especially your Fsport brakes
Thank you. But the hood is never going. I love the fact that it has a vent that actually vents. The chrome lining and Leds are going to get a little work done to them though. Its hard to say I also dont like the chrome at times but then i see the car with the sun shinning on it and im not sure how to describe it but MRM and the chrome has me weak in the knees (at certain times).

Originally Posted by quang
Not feeling any of them except the engine cover and BBK, the hood is just ugly, and too much chrome. You make the 350 looks like your eclipse twins
OK just so you know the eclipse has no chrome on it what so ever but then I do love the colors red and black they do show some similarties but trust me it was never planned that way. The eclipe is more of a bright red.
Old 07-27-10, 04:38 AM
uz07lex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Members I have removed several inappropriate comments.

Keep the feedback in this thread constructive please. If you don't like the OP's taste in modifications its absolutely fine to say so, but do so maturely.
I guess thats my fault I did say all comments welcome. But i guess some people are still immature there just trapped in a grown up persons body.

Originally Posted by fknISC808
IMO, from what you have done so far, you need to do more for it to flow better. 1, lose all the chrome. 2, Drop. 3, wheels. i think with just those three changes your lex will look totally different and will flow better. Although i think the F-sport bbk throws off the look. CF/MRM with F-sport Blue BBK?

like others have said, to each their own...but you post pics, so there WILL be +/- posts with your setup.
2 wish i could drop unless i go airride and im really not looking to loose that much car space to run the tank etc... but i cant
I told myself all the f-sport parts i buy i want to keep them that way. I know the red and blue may not match now but hopefully with the sway (which you wont see) and the rear calipers painted it might (lol). On the bright side the blue does stand out. I really want to what whats it going to look like with f-sport rims on.
I knew there would be pos and neg thats why i said all comments welcome . At the end of the day its all good to me.

Originally Posted by pocky
Gimme your brakes! It doesn't match the theme you're going for.
Well lets see they were for sale for like 3 months and I got alot of lowballers even though it was a steal of a price and I did say in the posting I dont really think there going to match my car. I mean really didnt you see the posting for sale, but too bad im keeping them for two reasons 1 I love how they feel and 2 im now part of the BBK family.

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
With some changes it'll be tight! I went through the same bashing haha don't worry man everyone is just giving their own taste/opinion, of course i wouldn't of done that but then again, its not my car
Thanks man. I love your car by the way, CF crazy. But hay it is a start and who knows how she will turn out in the future.

Originally Posted by iivietnami
nice honda u have there.................or wait a min 4 door scion
good one u had me laughing.

Originally Posted by Karlson
Wow, tough love here. Dude, just do your own thing, you've invested time and money in it and clearly working hard to make your car your own.
That is very true. i like the part where you say your own because thats my aim. I get tired of seeing many cars look alike. Thats why i take risks maybe it will look good and maybe it wont but im very optimistic and say give it a shot.

Originally Posted by philipjdm
i like the bbk the cf parts in the engine bay looks awesome, not sure about the red paint on it but its your taste. what theme are you going for? vip or more sporty? well your car has potential just depends where you put your money into, good luck!
Yea i have a thing for CF thanks. I thinks its gonna be sporty so certain things on the car are gonna be worked to see how it flows but in time.

Originally Posted by Jetfire
not my taste. it's a bit too much for me. the hood, the chrome/LED headlights. chrome tails

OK at least ur straight foward and honest.

I think you need a drop and wheels. no chrome wheels please.
I was never a fan of chrome especially chrome wheels but a drop i want but cant do.

Originally Posted by Individual
I like the Fabulous front lip, F-sport BBK, the engine cover, and the black roof. In the end, what you like is what matters.
Thanks man and you know theres not one time I dont look at the car and think wow I like my car.

Originally Posted by Sffd103
so bro, will any of these comments change your look? I don't wanna bash!
Bash if you want im a grown person once its not like the number one worst IS youve ever seen.

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Welcome. Not my taste in hoods, but nice car otherwise. Enjoy.
Thank you. One of the very few good comments ive gotten.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Welcome man! Thanks for sharing what you've done so far. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but in the end your opinion matters most. That said, it's a little quirky for my tastes but definitely unique IMO
My goal is to be unique but not really quirky. Thanks for the welcome. and if anyone ever need help thats in NY dont be afarid. If I can help I will. everyone = majority = everyone ahhh I guess its the same thing.

Originally Posted by TokerIS350
I went through that stage once.. :P
show some pics i would love to see some before and after shots.

Last edited by uz07lex; 07-27-10 at 09:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Im officially saying HELLO Club Lexus