IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Haters caused me. 6000 dollars worth of damage.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-10, 06:54 PM
ColtM4A3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry this happened to you.

It'll be covered under your comp insurance.

They will only pay to paint the outside. If you want to do a color change you will have to pay to repaint the jambs. (far more trouble than it's worth IMHO).

Wait to get it fixed. A coworker of mine got his fixed only to find it keyed again a week later.
Old 05-05-10, 06:54 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** happens. Driving on the 10fwy east to get a haircut last week, when it was all windy, palm branch fell on the hood, scratching it up. I'm waiting until after finals to wash the car and try to get it out with some scratchx but otherwise fuxxxxx YOU MOTHERNATURE and haters!
At least there aren't drunk people at your hs. Parking at USC on the frat row, I've seen Minis with broken side mirrors and other cars with broken windows because of guys trying to prove they're sooo cool. "Cool story bro"

I just wish other people would at least be courteous or considerate for others personal belongings. Sorry to hear though bro, but won't be the last time that happens to you because of the way society is...It's a shame. Sort of makes you want to punch someone in the face.
/end rant
Old 05-05-10, 06:55 PM
ltran
Rookie

u know, it's happened to me 3 times already. ;/ twice at school. luckily insurance takes care of it, but it's money each time so i feel ya. hopefully insurance is less than 6k. but you can't get a different color. ;/
Old 05-05-10, 06:56 PM
Dunkin1222
Pole Position

wow

this falls under section 1.45.678 of get your $%@ whooped by me
Old 05-05-10, 06:58 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by eggwoll
here are some more, this time on the right side:
Right side:

Front Passenger Door

Rear Passenger Door

Rear Passenger Quarter Panel

So yeah, probably gonna fix this after graduation in June. Wouldn't want to repaint it and get the car keyed again. Any suggestions on what color I should have the car painted? Or should I stay with Obsidian? Sigh...What a crappy day.
Sorry about your car. I don't know what is up with California but it seems every time I see a thread where someones car gets keyed or vandalized the vast majority of the time it happens in California.

I doubt insurance is going to pay for you to get your car repainted a different color because it will be more expensive. To paint it a different color often the engine is pulled or most of the components are removed under hood to paint that area which is extremely time consuming and more expensive. Black is an easier color to blend and sometimes a little less expensive to paint. If insurance won't pay the full $6000 there are places that can take care of those types of scratches without resorting to painting the whole car again, black should be much easier to correct then other colors. Good Luck, it sucks people feel the need to do that to someones car for no good reason.
Old 05-05-10, 07:00 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it was at your highschool little kids love to talk. It may be just a matter of time before word is around of who did it. First thing id wana do is beat the person just before death. But that will just get you thrown in jail. Try maybe buying some pot and planting it in the kids backpack. Then go tell the school staff you saw him dealing drugs. Thats the approach I would take...
Old 05-05-10, 07:07 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

This is why I'm investing in two things:

1) A viper 5901 with proximity sensor

and perhaps more importantly

2) This "mobile watchman" car security camera system that continuously takes video from four small discrete cameras strategically positioned throughout the car.

http://www.mobilewatchman.com/

I think both are worth it, they have the potential to provide phenomenal peace of mind.
Old 05-05-10, 07:09 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

sry man, that's terrible
Old 05-05-10, 07:13 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by carLx
This is why I'm investing in two things:

1) A viper 5901 with proximity sensor

and perhaps more importantly

2) This "mobile watchman" car security camera system that continuously takes video from four small discrete cameras strategically positioned throughout the car.

http://www.mobilewatchman.com/

I think both are worth it, they have the potential to provide phenomenal peace of mind.
Option one is useless. I have the exact same set up. It will cause more haters since your alarm will go off when a random person walk by. When a car drive by, the alarm will off alerting you. That is why i set it to the lowest sensitivity now.
Old 05-05-10, 07:19 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

WOW, tat sucks dude
i get a couple of scratches here and there from haters as well bcuz my car stands out with the cf hood, but nothing compared to yours
knock on wood**
Old 05-05-10, 07:27 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flektone
If it was at your highschool little kids love to talk. It may be just a matter of time before word is around of who did it. First thing id wana do is beat the person just before death. But that will just get you thrown in jail. Try maybe buying some pot and planting it in the kids backpack. Then go tell the school staff you saw him dealing drugs. Thats the approach I would take...
LOLOL too easy

They say how in California, you gotta love what you drive. The upper end of society does, but the low end just hates it and envies you. It really is a shame there are low lives that take pride in damaging other people's property. I think that is on par as adultery, am I wrong? haha
Old 05-05-10, 07:27 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm sorry dude. Stories like this make me sick. I sometimes fantasize about what would happen if I ever caught someone vandalizing my car. I can't share my thoughts on this board though, someone might put a 5150 out on me.

Last edited by brociouz; 05-05-10 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-05-10, 07:29 PM
Bodz123
Rookie

Im more shocked that mommy and daddy bought you an is350!!!! Damn, my highschool car was a nissan sentra that I had to work my *** off for Sorry to hear about your car. That kind of crap makes me sick. People that do crap like that always loose in the end, they will get what coming to them some how, some way.
Old 05-05-10, 07:41 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doggam futher mucker! The psychological impairment required to cause anyone to want to do that sort of thing to a total stranger's car (just for the f'ing hell of it) makes me think whoever was responsible should be permanently castrated before he has a chance to spread his mental disorder to the next generation...Seriously!

Hope it all works out ok for you.
Old 05-05-10, 07:43 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexucan
Doggam futher mucker! The psychological impairment required to cause anyone to want to do that sort of thing to a total stranger's car (just for the f'ing hell of it) makes me think whoever was responsible should be permanently castrated before he has a chance to spread his mental disorder to the next generation...Seriously!

Hope it all works out ok for you.
Don't mean to get off topic, but since when did you start posting in the 2IS section Mitch? Lol...

Quick Reply: Haters caused me. 6000 dollars worth of damage.