next time there's an event like this, i wanna join ok ok
^^ nah you cant ride with that ricer fender
Old 01-07-11, 03:56 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by projectdna
i beg to differ.

imo the comment "ricer types" wasn't a reflection on the actual cars themselves as seen in the youtube clip but rather the behavior (and mentality) of those driving.

sure, blocking off traffic to allow a massive convoy out of a dealership and onto local roads made for great youtube material (props to those involved, btw), but that type of behavior sends the wrong message about lexus enthusiasts.

just because you condone and have participated in that type of behavior (and think that type of behavior is "too awesome!") does not change the fact that it's still a poor representation of said group and individual.

everyone has an opinion, but just because one opinion differs with another doesn't mean the dissenting opinion is "bashing" or "hating", and it certainly doesn't warrant you suggesting said individual with the dissenting opinion to leave.

after all, how is that building a sense of community?
Originally Posted by Jmags
Exactly my thoughts.

Ricers do crap like this. I would absolutely expect this behavior from Honda kiddos. Not the lexus crowd. I'm +1 on your thoughts.
Whatevers... Seems like ppl like you guys think there always correct and will argue whatever goes on.. This kind of stuff arent daily and when there are big events like that ppl and other drivers will respect and understand the situation.. you dont see anyone running up to the Mod drivers kicking and screaming and there were no cops cause no one called them. I bet if you were in that situation you would take off just the rest of the drivers!! So yeah, keep your ricer opinion to yourself or lets just close this thread
Old 01-07-11, 04:25 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil888
Whatevers... Seems like ppl like you guys think there always correct and will argue whatever goes on.. This kind of stuff arent daily and when there are big events like that ppl and other drivers will respect and understand the situation.. you dont see anyone running up to the Mod drivers kicking and screaming and there were no cops cause no one called them. I bet if you were in that situation you would take off just the rest of the drivers!! So yeah, keep your ricer opinion to yourself or lets just close this thread
I assure you that nobody stuck in that traffic jam caused by this illegal road block "respected and understood the situation"

maybe if there was a cop car there they would.

Like I said, I wouldn't be wasting my day waiting for the people in this video to move. I'd find a way around it, even if it meant popping up on the curb or crossing the double yellow, depending on which car I had.
Old 01-07-11, 04:50 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that looked fun... id want to be apart of that haha
Old 01-07-11, 06:13 PM
graphX250
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Absolutely!!!
Old 01-08-11, 12:39 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

since you quoted me and reacted in this way, i'm going to take it that you don't like my opinion of what happened in the youtube clip. after all, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.

again, as i posted earlier, props to those involved; i have neither the inclination nor risk-taking attitude to be a part of that. but on the other hand, that type of behavior is a misrepresentation of who we are as lexus enthusiasts - even if it was just something as innocent as what happened in the youtube clip (or not-so-innocent by going WOT down the street while leaving a weekly local meet).

i'm not calling people out for what they did. we all have our not-so-proud/regretable moments/lapses in judgment, so none of us are better judges than others of what/who is right or wrong. what my opinion centers on is (again) the misrepresentation of who we are as a group of lexus enthusiasts. with due respect to those in the youtube clip, but that type of behavior can be misinterpreted, and it's unfair for the rest of the community to be seen as that when it was just an isolated incident.

now, what i would do in that situation? easy. leave in smaller groups. or better yet, wait 'til everyone leaves, and when it's safe to go, catch up.

thanks for reading.
Old 01-08-11, 01:19 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

you should see it both ways. would yoou like to be held up just because a group of motorists blocked the road? its like if your neighbor has a party and blocks your driveway and prevents you from getting somewhere, wouldnt you be mad? or should you "respect that situation?"

with a big group of cars, they can be broken down to smaller groups of 6-10.
Old 01-08-11, 07:05 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

i c the panda lol rob bro wats upppp
Old 01-08-11, 07:18 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

really cool vid, made me miss my is300 hearing all those 2jz's rev up.
Old 01-08-11, 07:41 PM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sick roll out. Props to the guys who used their cars to block traffic.
Old 01-10-11, 06:44 AM
Gustavo250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by steezy
Pretty sick roll out. Props to the guys who used their cars to block traffic.
Hahahahaha nice!