IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

WALD Replica by NextMod??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-10, 01:00 AM
pli
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does the real Wald have a hole on the spoiler for the lexus emblem? or are you supposed to take off the emblem from trunk and put it in there?
Old 04-29-10, 02:19 AM
AK-47
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pli
does the real Wald have a hole on the spoiler for the lexus emblem? or are you supposed to take off the emblem from trunk and put it in there?

it has hole, and yes, you have to take off your oem emblem 1st, then put it on the spoiler.
Old 04-29-10, 11:16 AM
PlatinumIS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by windex
PlatinumIS who is local to me bought one and it fit like absolute SHEIT I couldnt believe it
From past experience, i would only by the real deal now. It might sound good for the price, but my trunk spoiler has horrible fitment when Nextmod said it was 100% fitment, Dont go thru the hassle and time i went thru with a replica which was painted wrong also.

Thats just my 2 cents, but the authentic one is better.
Old 05-21-10, 01:23 PM
UmattWayO
Driver

would anyone be interested in a full wald replica made of carbon fibre with perfect fitment?
Old 05-21-10, 01:52 PM
imports4me
Pole Position

curious...how much?
Old 05-21-10, 02:00 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

curious on the price too. i've pretty much decided when it comes time to add a kit, i'd go with wald, and i've been playing with the idea of a paint/real CF wrap color scheme, if it's feasible to do. A CF rep would make things so much easier haha

oh and by 'full', you meant front, sides, rear and trunk spoiler?
Old 05-21-10, 02:00 PM
UmattWayO
Driver

I want to see how many people would be interested before I do anything, I'm speculating probably half the price or just a bit over. Again, I have to see how many people would be interested first. If there are enough interest, I'll probably make a replica this summer and post it as soon as its done.
Old 05-21-10, 02:01 PM
UmattWayO
Driver

Originally Posted by raptor22
curious on the price too. i've pretty much decided when it comes time to add a kit, i'd go with wald, and i've been playing with the idea of a paint/real CF wrap color scheme, if that's possible to do. A CF rep would make things so much easier haha

oh and by 'full', you meant front, sides, rear and trunk spoiler?
Front sides and rear for sure, but dont know about the trunk spoiler since nextmod already made one
Old 05-21-10, 02:18 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

what's the ballpark price that people actually pay for authentic wald (front, sides, rear, no trunk)?

i know the price on L-tuned, but i'm betting no one's actually paying that. i know most recommend Clark@VIP, do they have a website? i don't like asking vendors for quote just for the sake of asking if i'm not ready to buy.

Originally Posted by UmattWayO
Front sides and rear for sure, but dont know about the trunk spoiler since nextmod already made one
makes sense. but i don't think nextmod makes it in CF? Although i think wald has an authentic CF trunk spoiler, but i don't think i like the weave pattern iirc

Last edited by raptor22; 05-21-10 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-21-10, 02:21 PM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

Of course we'd be interested if it was perfect fitment with a good price. Would you make it for the 06-08 and the 09+?
Old 05-21-10, 02:25 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know you can get front wald replica for 06-08...
fitment is suppose to be same with real kit..

anyways.. overall wald kit has bad fitment.. authentic and replica... both of them..

but on the otherhand... TOM's kit is like 100% fitment i believe
Old 05-21-10, 02:33 PM
UmattWayO
Driver

@raptor22 - This is like the first stage of planning so once I get information on the pricing, I'll be sure to let everyone know asap. The price of the full wald kit without trunk spoiler is around 2300+. If you dont like carbon fiber weave pattern you can always paint over it cause its still cheaper than the real thing anyway right?

@svntwosix - thanks for the interest. Since many people own the 06-08, I think it would be wise to make the replica for both 06-08 as well as 09+ considering only the front is different. Even though there may be other wald replica front lips available for the 06-08 currently, I'm sure people would not want to get the front lip and the rest of the kit from 2 different places when they can get it all from 1 place. Again, I'm still on the planning stage and it may even be a one piece whole bumper swap rather than a lip so then it fits both 06-08 and 09+. Just a thought.

Thoughts and Suggestions will be appreciated!
Old 05-21-10, 02:56 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UmattWayO
@raptor22 - This is like the first stage of planning so once I get information on the pricing, I'll be sure to let everyone know asap. The price of the full wald kit without trunk spoiler is around 2300+. If you dont like carbon fiber weave pattern you can always paint over it cause its still cheaper than the real thing anyway right?

@svntwosix - thanks for the interest. Since many people own the 06-08, I think it would be wise to make the replica for both 06-08 as well as 09+ considering only the front is different. Even though there may be other wald replica front lips available for the 06-08 currently, I'm sure people would not want to get the front lip and the rest of the kit from 2 different places when they can get it all from 1 place. Again, I'm still on the planning stage and it may even be a one piece whole bumper swap rather than a lip so then it fits both 06-08 and 09+. Just a thought.

Thoughts and Suggestions will be appreciated!
just to clarify, i don't know the technical terms for the weave pattern, but i'm ok with the usual weave i see on stuff like CF rep roof spoiler, with the slanted pattern. So I'd assume that's the weave most CF rep parts have. It's the authentic CF wald trunk spoiler that has a different weave iirc that i don't like. But like you said, if someone doesn't like it, can always paint it over.

i don't know how i feel about a bumper swap, especially if the price gap between that and the authentic kit closes. Another thing is the 06-08 and 09+ have different grille and grille surround, so i'm guessing the bumper areas next to the grille are also different? if so, a bumper swap wouldn't help, except may be for the fact that now you can have the front lip already molded onto the bumper.

Last edited by raptor22; 05-21-10 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-21-10, 02:57 PM
kentaro
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Any wald pieces in CF, I'd think more people are interested/going to buy the trunk spoiler. Though I'd love to see someone with entire CF wald kit.

keep us updated UmattWayO
Old 05-21-10, 03:13 PM
UmattWayO
Driver

@ Raptor22 - yes, what I meant was to have the front lip molded into the bumper, but I'll tell you once i have decided. Perhaps it would be better to make the lip separate from the bumper to keep costs down.

@Kentaro - thanks for the advice, i'll look into the cost of making the rep trunk spoiler in carbon fiber, if it is significantly lower than the authentic one, I'll most likely be making that as well. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on my plans.

Maybe I should start a new thread on this topic completely, or should i continue here?

Thanks again,

Matt

Quick Reply: WALD Replica by NextMod??