IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2010's are NOT plug & play for Illuminated Door Sills

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-11, 12:29 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just installed the blue ones on my obsidian 07, looks great!
Old 04-20-11, 02:11 PM
ISRocker
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanquen
Ok, I have a newer 2011. Newer as in it had a $250 or $500 manufacture price bump and it looks like I have the connector on both sides. I know that still doesn’t mean they will be plug and play. Mine is base model with the Premium Package Value Edition (heated/cooled seats, wood trim) and NAV but with HID lights, and larger rims added on versus the bigger luxury package.

Can I check with a volt meter to see if they are plug and play?

I have the same package. Let us know if it works or not. I will have to check to see if I have the connectors...
Old 04-20-11, 02:59 PM
Tanquen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISRocker
I have the same package. Let us know if it works or not. I will have to check to see if I have the connectors...
Well, I’m not sure where to buy them and I still don’t know how they will work. Someone stated it would work only if the dome light was on and they would not fade in. Is that true? I’m not as interested if they don’t fade in and you must have the dome lights on. I’m assuming that when installed from the factory this is not the case.
Old 04-20-11, 03:17 PM
ISRocker
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tanquen
Well, I’m not sure where to buy them and I still don’t know how they will work. Someone stated it would work only if the dome light was on and they would not fade in. Is that true? I’m not as interested if they don’t fade in and you must have the dome lights on. I’m assuming that when installed from the factory this is not the case.
Some people buy their stuff from sewell (http://is.sewellparts.com/#). I'm not sure about the dome lights, but I have heard something like that...
Old 04-20-11, 05:53 PM
Tanquen
Driver School Candidate

Some people buy their stuff from sewell (http://is.sewellparts.com/#). I'm not sure about the dome lights, but I have heard something like that...
I emailed them already and they don’t know/care if or how they work but are happy to sell them.
Old 04-20-11, 07:15 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

This is almost as frustrating as getting eBay tails to work without getting an error code on the 08 vs simple plug&play on 06? Changing up these wiring harnesses is most annoying. Thank goodness my sills work lol
Old 04-20-11, 08:00 PM
ISRocker
Rookie

I'm sure a volt meter would tell you if you are getting power to the sills. Not sure if it would tell you if they would fade or not...Anyone know?
Old 04-20-11, 09:09 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im sure it depends on the package and its not that sewell dosent care they just dont know. They just know what it works on FOR SURE, which is all 2007-09. They even have a video on how to do it, cant really be more straight forward than that.
Old 04-21-11, 09:30 AM
Tanquen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by robertrios
im sure it depends on the package and its not that sewell dosent care they just dont know. They just know what it works on FOR SURE, which is all 2007-09. They even have a video on how to do it, cant really be more straight forward than that.
I know what you are saying but they are the ones selling them and they list that it will work on a 2011 but that it’s not plug and play. One would think they could take a moment and find out what the deal is and list it on the site. No one being disappointed, folks could just read the listing and know what’s up and not be sending them emails that they don’t respond to. ??? I could have put in an order by now.

Also, no Clublexus discount on the white ones. I also can not find the metal rear sills.

Last edited by Tanquen; 04-21-11 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-23-11, 06:00 PM
Tanquen
Driver School Candidate

Went ahead and put in an order. I’ll let you guys know what happens. I’m thinking of running a wire from the foot well lights as they come on and fade in when the door is open. It’s true that you are lucky to even see the fade in but if I’m going to run wires it seems like a simple run with a little time and some fish tape. It should also mean they will be on even if the dome light is not.

I also got the rear sills and the card key.
Old 04-25-11, 08:13 AM
ISRocker
Rookie

Let us know what happens when you plug it in!
Old 04-25-11, 10:03 AM
Tanquen
Driver School Candidate

Let us know what happens when you plug it in!
I said: "I’ll let you guys know what happens."

But now.... J/K

I’m thinking it will be like the 06 and 2010 were you still have to add a wire.

Last edited by Tanquen; 04-25-11 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-28-11, 07:01 PM
Tanquen
Driver School Candidate

I got my order today and I need a replacement for the rear left sill as it has some small scratches on it, everything else seems to be blemish free.

The cut key works and as long as I can get the key card programmed and the LED sills wired up it will be all good. You guys were right, even though my 2011 IS250 has the plugs on both sides it still not plug and play. Off to buy some wire taps.

So anyway, it looks like they are not plug and play for my 2011 IS250. Even though I have the plugs on both sides. I wonder what those wires go to that is not there. I can understand them just using the same wire harness that they make thousands of but if some don’t even have the plugs then why not have all the ones with plugs properly terminated? I wonder if there is someplace else in the car where one of the two wires just needs to be terminated?
Old 04-29-11, 12:21 AM
Tanquen
Driver School Candidate

Ok, did the foot well thing so it would fade but you (I) can only see it if you hold the door open and let the door switch go by hand. By the time you unlock it and open the door it’s all lit up. They also don’t fit to the car all that well. I double checked the and all the clips look good but the outer edge is coming away from the metal door sill.
Old 05-10-11, 05:50 PM
korupt1
Driver School Candidate

IceIridium, THANKS! Could not find easier set of directions like the pics . I just ordered mine, and the power was not allowing me to just P&P. Spliced into the door switch and worked like a charm. Saved me some time tracking down the wires. Much appreciated. They do look sweet

Quick Reply: 2010's are NOT plug & play for Illuminated Door Sills