IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Will those wheels fit? START HERE.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-14, 12:38 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
So much misleading info in this thread lately.

People should really do their own homework by finding actual fitment pics on the forum for specs around what they're looking for... Some of these responses make me cringe knowing someone is trusting it!
Agreed...I try and help when I can, I get PMs now and again about this and that...but I got to where I am at by doing my own research, finding what I wanted, and then at last resort asked the question to verify my findings.

It seems like the easy way out now is just post "what works?" and hopefully someone here who has already done all the hard work gives you the answer...but how do you know they are correct?

The search feature is only as good as the key words used...
Old 06-20-14, 05:39 AM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I would normally completely agree. After a while I became very annoyed with how many PMs I received about my Legacy fitment. And I am an avid supporter of the search button.

BUT to play devils advocate the first post does state: "Want to know if your wheels will fit? Will it rub? What's the best offset? What sizes and widths should I buy? Start here."

It does continue on to say please search this thread before posting though lol
Old 06-20-14, 06:57 AM
MarioIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guys i would like to hear your thoughts on my future plan for my is300.
Lowered on h&r sport
Fronts: ESM 004 18x8 et35
Rears: ESM 004 18x9 et40

Tire sizes should be:
Fronts: 225/40-18
Rears: 255/40-18

I know its a bit conservative setup as i would like to keep the wheels a tucked in a tiny bit. PS i dont like any tire stretch
Hope this setup wont lead me to any rolling fenders / cutting tabs etc..

Other choice is MRR EUROTEK UO3
Fronts 18x8.5 et35
Rears 18x9.5 et40

Looking forward to hear what your thoughts are.

Last edited by MarioIS; 06-20-14 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-25-14, 02:17 PM
Wrauda
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know if Works XD-9's 18"X9 +20mm all the way around will fit an 09 is350 RWD?

Please let me know.
thanks
Old 06-26-14, 12:44 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
So much misleading info in this thread lately.

People should really do their own homework by finding actual fitment pics on the forum for specs around what they're looking for... Some of these responses make me cringe knowing someone is trusting it!
because people are too scared and/or lazy to go through the trials and errors of wheel fitment. I went through it myself when I had my IS350, and though I never pushed the limits of wheel fitment, I went through more sets of wheels (with different specs) than most 2IS owners in here do. that's how I learned what wheel widths/offsets and tire sizes work.

Originally Posted by quick123
Agreed...I try and help when I can, I get PMs now and again about this and that...but I got to where I am at by doing my own research, finding what I wanted, and then at last resort asked the question to verify my findings.

It seems like the easy way out now is just post "what works?" and hopefully someone here who has already done all the hard work gives you the answer...but how do you know they are correct?

The search feature is only as good as the key words used...
+1.

if you can't figure it out yourself, or at least find a reliable source to confirm, you shouldn't be in the wheel game. no, seriously...

Originally Posted by SubieChik
I would normally completely agree. After a while I became very annoyed with how many PMs I received about my Legacy fitment. And I am an avid supporter of the search button.

BUT to play devils advocate the first post does state: "Want to know if your wheels will fit? Will it rub? What's the best offset? What sizes and widths should I buy? Start here."

It does continue on to say please search this thread before posting though lol
you figure with over three hundred pages, there would be enough information in this thread to figure out what works and what doesn't.

that's why people (myself included) stopped contributing to this thread and ignore fitment PM's - because people can't be bothered to search or read through a few pages to get an idea of what fits and what doesn't.

(and please do not PM me. except for a few reasons, I will ignore PM's regarding fitment.)

Originally Posted by Fran96
That's easy for you to say AFTER you knows the "in's & out's of this site, as I 'FAQ'd' and did a search for something as basic as installing, and removal of interior ( SC400), and NOTHING comes up....But don't believe me, just do a search...and 'Butcus' comes up....but level with me, am I expecting too much when doing a Search....or is there a type of code to get that info. I "fell" into a partial thread ( of interior removal ) because a member wanted to remove wood and paint it black -for later model look, and the members, when they can be reached- on a specific topic- are ULTRA Helpful, and Great, a real "comradeship"....and the member that was very helpful, said, basically " I could go into more detail about removing part of interior, BUT that's been posted here a million times ( so he abbreviated the details I needed -because doing a search, for something posted "a million times" doesn't come up with anything....it seem's like the Classic " You can't get to there from here" routine. What's the secret ??
try different key words. if you know how to do an internet search, you can use the search function in the same way here.
Old 07-01-14, 05:46 PM
OKCIS
Rookie

Thats all fine and good and believe me I know how to search but alot of the information that is found on here very contradicting. Im not going to spend $5K on a set of forged wheels for an IS250 5 or 6 times over so i can find the right fitment. What happened to forums being a community with people willing to help each other. Post something in the faqs section at least why do people feel the need to be so secretive about wheel specs its not like your making millions of dollars of your settings or any money for that matter.

Ive been messing with the IS platform since 2001, helped an unknown amount of IS300 owners with turbos and nitrous setups. That was the car i spent the money to find out what worked and what blew up and i have always shared that info. I might need to rethink my strategy when you come and find a bunch of people who just ***** and moan and tell you to use a worthless search function that will at some point give you the info you probably want only to find the next post down tells you something completely different.

In short wouldnt it just be easier on everyone to get with the moderators and create a faq page that basically says ok this fitment means no mods, This fitment is roll fenders, this fitment is XXXX and so on and then bam no more questions no more pms its a pretty basic concept really.
Old 07-01-14, 05:50 PM
MarioIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OKCIS
Thats all fine and good and believe me I know how to search but alot of the information that is found on here very contradicting. Im not going to spend $5K on a set of forged wheels for an IS250 5 or 6 times over so i can find the right fitment. What happened to forums being a community with people willing to help each other. Post something in the faqs section at least why do people feel the need to be so secretive about wheel specs its not like your making millions of dollars of your settings or any money for that matter.

Ive been messing with the IS platform since 2001, helped an unknown amount of IS300 owners with turbos and nitrous setups. That was the car i spent the money to find out what worked and what blew up and i have always shared that info. I might need to rethink my strategy when you come and find a bunch of people who just ***** and moan and tell you to use a worthless search function that will at some point give you the info you probably want only to find the next post down tells you something completely different.

In short wouldnt it just be easier on everyone to get with the moderators and create a faq page that basically says ok this fitment means no mods, This fitment is roll fenders, this fitment is XXXX and so on and then bam no more questions no more pms its a pretty basic concept really.
Thank you Sir! You just pulled the words out of my mouth.
Old 07-01-14, 07:12 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by OKCIS

If you or anybody else read this thread it's the same question with same answer 1,000 times. If you have to buy 6 different wheel to find your fitment then you didn't read it kinda that simple. People post they're spec on this forum so ideally you can get how it looks like. But some people ask the same asking 10x and still don't get it. I learned fitment from the posting I never really asked question cause it was common sense when reading.
Old 07-02-14, 04:36 AM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Yup ^ I got my wheels after reading most of the wheel threads. Not even this one....at first I didn't want to because I was looking for pics LOL. I wanted to see for myself how the fitment was in pictures. Only thinng I was really challenged with was the tires because I've never had to deal with staggered tires before. While wheel offset is easy to find tire sizes are slightly different because it is really all personal preference and what type of fitment you are going for on your car....my "perfect" tire size may not be somone elses.
Old 07-02-14, 08:49 AM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was researching my square setup for my track wheels for my IS350 I had a hell of a time looking through the wheel fitment threads to find offsets and sizes that worked. Agreed that there are so many conflicting stories. I think what we need is a new thread with as run information only. No questions, no comments, just posts of what people have actually installed on their cars and any issues or modifications they had to deal with in doing so. I think this would cut out some of the BS.
Old 07-02-14, 12:59 PM
OKCIS
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sportskid1
When I was researching my square setup for my track wheels for my IS350 I had a hell of a time looking through the wheel fitment threads to find offsets and sizes that worked. Agreed that there are so many conflicting stories. I think what we need is a new thread with as run information only. No questions, no comments, just posts of what people have actually installed on their cars and any issues or modifications they had to deal with in doing so. I think this would cut out some of the BS.
This is what im talking about a thread like that would be perfect. There is way too many heres my setup and this and this worked and then another one where it completely contradicts the other one so basically someone is lying about their setup to make it seem more aggressive then it actually is or they dont have any clue what they are talking about
Like in my case im wanting to go 19x9.5 front +25 range and 19x10.5 +25 range. I read one thread that says just a fender roll will work then i read another thread where im going to have to roll, shave some mounting tabs, cut my fender liners, etc its like ok wtf. Can anyone actually give me a legit answer? Im not planning on tucking im going to leave about a 1/2 to 1 finger gap. Based on what i want to do some threads say since i dont want a bunch of camber and i dont want to do anything more then a fender roll ill have to stay as high as +35 one of them even claims for the rear its a +50!
So basically theres just entirely too many conflicting posts to make a true call on yes that will work. Im putting strasse forged wheels on this car if i get them and they dont fit obviously id be pretty mad i spent that much and they didnt fit all because someone was basically trying to make their setup out to be more then it actually was.....
Old 07-03-14, 05:58 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Here's the thing, when people ask about fitment, they tend to leave out a lot of information like tire and tire size (stretch), poke, camber, suspension, etc. There are too many variables that get overlooked, and that's why people think the advice given is contradictory.

The easiest thing to do is find a pic of the kind of "stance" you want (or something similar) and work from there. That's exactly what I did.
Old 07-04-14, 07:04 AM
jamespoco
Rookie

Will 18x9 +35 offset fit the front?
And 18x10.5 offset +20 fit the rear with camber and a fender roll?
Old 07-04-14, 07:28 AM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

People are complaining about others not reading this thread and this guy clearly can't bother with reading this page LMAO
Old 07-04-14, 07:50 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jamespoco
Will 18x9 +35 offset fit the front?
And 18x10.5 offset +20 fit the rear with camber and a fender roll?
See what I mean?

How low are you going? Measure top of the fender arc to the floor.

What kind of fitment are you after? Post a pic of the kind of fitment you want.

People also tend to leave out what model they have (250/350/F). Since the 350 and the F's brakes are much bigger than the 250's, it throws another variable into the mix.

Quick Reply: Will those wheels fit? START HERE.