Got a new Bumper.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-10, 12:20 AM
PlatinumIS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a new Bumper.

Im just kidding guys....

I walked out to my car like this. I went to go see a movie with this chick and i get to my car and see a note on the windshield but figured it was advertising. Luckily i read it, the note said "hey i saw your car get bumped in the parking lot and it was a hit and run by a elderly lady" He wrote down his cell number and his name as well as her car make, color and license info.

What do i do?

Im calling my car insurance company ASAP tomorrow and should i call and make a police report?

Old 03-11-10, 12:39 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely file the police report and let your insurance know everything about what happened. Regardless if it was literally an accident or not, there is vehicle damage and people of elderly age I don't feel should be exempt.

My grandfather was in an accident in which his vehicle was out of control and his transmission was slipping between drive and reverse and he damaged two vehicles while getting out of a driveway. He stayed though and exchanged all the info himself.

A few years back my parents and I were at a restaurant and we witnessed a very elderly man hit and scratch my mom's rear bumper and just took off. Wasn't able to get their info though in time...
Old 03-11-10, 12:39 AM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Damn man. I hate hit and runs.. At least someone was nice enough to jot down the info of the person who hit you. Call up your insurance and give them that info and see what they do. Hope everything works out man.
Old 03-11-10, 12:50 AM
PlatinumIS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by stonefan52
Definitely file the police report and let your insurance know everything about what happened. Regardless if it was literally an accident or not, there is vehicle damage and people of elderly age I don't feel should be exempt.

My grandfather was in an accident in which his vehicle was out of control and his transmission was slipping between drive and reverse and he damaged two vehicles while getting out of a driveway. He stayed though and exchanged all the info himself.

A few years back my parents and I were at a restaurant and we witnessed a very elderly man hit and scratch my mom's rear bumper and just took off. Wasn't able to get their info though in time...
yeah i understand this, i just wish the person would have stayed but i owe a huge thanks to the person who witnessed it and had the ***** to be a good person and give me his info as well as the car.

Originally Posted by Frosty250
Damn man. I hate hit and runs.. At least someone was nice enough to jot down the info of the person who hit you. Call up your insurance and give them that info and see what they do. Hope everything works out man.
I will do that. When i get this replaced, what do you guys think of painting the little red reflectors at the bottom white. Just an idea and just thought of it when taking the pics.
Old 03-11-10, 12:53 AM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Up to you. I wouldn't do it though. I would just leave it
Old 03-11-10, 12:55 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah don't let the info go to waste
Old 03-11-10, 12:57 AM
PlatinumIS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Frosty250
Up to you. I wouldn't do it though. I would just leave it
Just a thought.

Originally Posted by lex
Don't let the info go to waste
Dont worry i wont. Im going to call the man who reported it to me and thank him.
Old 03-11-10, 01:42 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

buy him a beer or something. he just saved you a lot on a paint job.

report the info!!!
Old 03-11-10, 02:48 AM
ernestfyu
Lead Lap

^ +1.
that's a good person.
hit & runs are wrong and regardless of age, they should still leave their information. =\
Old 03-11-10, 05:41 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You make the claim cause a hit and run is ILLEGAL. Have the old lady pay for it then see if the witness was a hot chick and take her out on a date!
Old 03-11-10, 08:03 AM
Rash
hmm

Some girl hit and run me on 09/09/09, and another girl wrote on a piece of paper what was the car, and licence plate. haha.
Old 03-11-10, 09:49 AM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

It's good to hear that there are "Good" people out there these days willing to "do the right thing" and offer a helping hand. Glad you have all the info about the hit and run.

You should file a police report and report it to your insurance company ASAP.
Old 03-11-10, 11:44 AM
myLexRX
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Think twice before making a police report - I'd rather pay $300 to repaint the bumper than end up with a 'Rear Collision' in the carfax report.
Old 03-11-10, 12:26 PM
AK-47
Lexus Test Driver

your lucky that some1 jot it down for ya. or else your going to pay for the damage.
Old 03-11-10, 12:29 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

if your going to keep your car, by all means file the police report.

what part of the OC are you in OP? because one of my friends recently witness a hit and run and he left a note for the owner of the car who got hit

Quick Reply: Got a new Bumper.