Search this Thread

Old 03-10-10, 08:34 PM
holYcOO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default =*( scraped by a 18 wheeler and he ran away

I haven't been on for quite awhile...

A FUN STORY!

but last night, i was merging with a 18 wheeler milk tanker at 15 mph or so. This is a single lane merge at once! not when the right lane merges into the left lane.

This fool wasn't letting me in and then scrape! on my rear quarter panel.
I honked cursed and rode next to him for 10 miles in rush hour semi traffic. I didn't let him go into the faster lane, but when he had to bc up coming lane is an exit to another highway. HE FORCED HIMSELF over to my lane. I was ****. and moved over, what an *ss. Then I decided to pull in front of him and slowed down and came to a STOP in the middle of the highway. I was outraged by then. I didn't care. 10 miles I followed him and he wouldn't pull over. I came up to his door and yell to get the *uck out. etc. Telling me he'll pull over to the shoulder. But I knew, he wasn't going to, but he had enough room to manuever around my car and went. I quickly got in and followed him again. and called the police. They told me to get his info and pull over to the shoulder and a trooper will come by. So i had to let this ^ucker go.
Trooper came by and wrote up a report and I called the trucker company and their insurance of what happened. So we will see what happens. I don't get into accidents at all, so I hope I win, but I have no witness. just my word and I know he's going to lie and deny.

How much do you think it'll cost me?

THINKING I wasn't going to get into an accident, I put a $1000 deductible. Dunno if I will go through my insurance or pay for myself, in case the trucker company denies me.

LUckily it missed my door SOOOO CLOSE. by millimeters. and scraps from his wheel bolts on the side of my bumper.

yeah and I just had it cleaned earlier that day.
Old 03-10-10, 08:55 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ouch

I would definitely try and get the trucking company's insurance to pay for it ... Its basically a Hit and run....
Old 03-10-10, 08:57 PM
file82
Driver

good luck with that...

btw does your state allow such dark tint?
Old 03-10-10, 09:06 PM
holYcOO
Pole Position

yeah, my friends and even the insurance lady sorta of agreed it was a hit and run.

No these are darker =P 20% plus the cloudy day makes super dark. MD allows 35% all around.. =)
Old 03-10-10, 09:36 PM
cupid0210
Lead Lap

Ouch!!! Hopefully everything work out for you.
Old 03-10-10, 09:36 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

ouuuuuchh..
Old 03-10-10, 09:40 PM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Wow that sucks man. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 03-10-10, 09:43 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

the damage doesnt seem all too bad, but there will be more damage for the trucker. a hit and run for anyone is bad, but to be on the job.....i think the company can be liable as well, along with him. you shouldnt worry about winning this case- dont know how the trucker can spin it, considering the damage it caused your ride. but it'll cost a lil bit to get it repainted SGM. hope it all goes well!
Old 03-10-10, 09:43 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

thats still a good couple hundred..
Old 03-10-10, 09:47 PM
dslxicisnf
Driver School Candidate

Visit your doctor post haste (sore shoulder/head when you hit the side of the door, etc.), or the trucker's insurance won't work with you at all.

Last edited by dslxicisnf; 03-10-10 at 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling/Bushmills
Old 03-10-10, 09:51 PM
98023IS250
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe you did not call 911 right away and follow the truck as you were on the phone..
Old 03-10-10, 09:53 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont know how your insurance is but usually u have to pay deductable for hit and run..
only cases that u dont have to pay is if the other driver is not insured..
i dont know whos fault it is since i nvr encounterd hit and run... but good luck man
probably gonna cost u at least $1000 if u wanna get it done right... with out replacing pannel..
Old 03-10-10, 10:06 PM
harman
Driver

Good to hear you did not get hurt but i have to say from your version of the story you are the fool here. You tried to beat him to the single lane merge and then when you did not make it you expected him to yeild to you for some reason? i see this all the time people cutting in front of trucks and somehow think that they have the right of way and the truck should always move aside fort them.
Now the interesting part you chase him around and then stop on the freeway putting all other drivers at risk just to satisfy you "e-ego? come-on man think about it!!
Old 03-10-10, 10:24 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Terrible post. You should have called 911 right away and stayed behind him. The highway patrol would have caught up, pulled him over, and if your accusation is true, the truck driver would have gotten in trouble and you would have been set. Everything you did was risky and put others in harm's way. I am glad I wasn't on the road around this when you all came to a stop in the middle of the lanes. This is a huge cause for catastrophic accidents. I hope you reconsider your actions and find smarter ways to deal with anger.
Old 03-10-10, 10:40 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by harman
Good to hear you did not get hurt but i have to say from your version of the story you are the fool here. You tried to beat him to the single lane merge and then when you did not make it you expected him to yeild to you for some reason? i see this all the time people cutting in front of trucks and somehow think that they have the right of way and the truck should always move aside fort them.
Now the interesting part you chase him around and then stop on the freeway putting all other drivers at risk just to satisfy you "e-ego? come-on man think about it!!
thats what i was thinking. anyway, good thing no one got hurt, and it didn't cause a much worse accident.

Quick Reply: =*( scraped by a 18 wheeler and he ran away