IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

6000K Garax Lows & 6000K PROJECTOR Fogs (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-10, 01:39 PM
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, I am jealous about the foglight projectors.
Old 03-09-10, 01:41 PM
LEXMAN350
Pole Position

Looks nice! I got the GARAX 6000K for my lows too and they are awesome!
Old 03-10-10, 12:58 PM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
I want to do both
Too bad I couldn't make a thread on a DIY for the headlights. I was too focused on finishing it that I didn't take any progress pics.

What kind of projectors are you thinking of for the headlights btw?
Old 03-10-10, 01:38 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

that looks great!
Old 03-10-10, 02:30 PM
9relude8
Pole Position

looks amazing!!!!!! thanks for convincing me to go garax now, saved me 300 dollars from going philips ultinon.
Old 03-10-10, 02:58 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

^
TChan,
That would be great to have a DIY.

Unfortunately, I didn't make one either for mine. I don't think the fog projectors are really worth it in terms of seeing. I did it because 1) I wanted to black out the fog housings and 2) I wanted an HID kit in the fogs without sending ugly ugly glare into the eyes of incoming traffic. The bosch projectors give a clean output, but they're not wide, and they are fog projectors so they're nowhere as intense as headlight projectors. Now to those who retrofitted normal D2S projectors in their fogs...wow. =)

Looks good though. how about some output shots on the wall or something?
Old 03-10-10, 07:48 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Looks great brociouz. Exactly what I want!
Old 03-10-10, 11:33 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 9relude8
looks amazing!!!!!! thanks for convincing me to go garax now, saved me 300 dollars from going philips ultinon.
Yeah, can't imagine the Philips bulbs being worth $300, that's pretty outrageous. Garax FTW.

Originally Posted by ELL Y
^
TChan,

Unfortunately, I didn't make one either for mine. I don't think the fog projectors are really worth it in terms of seeing. I did it because 1) I wanted to black out the fog housings and 2) I wanted an HID kit in the fogs without sending ugly ugly glare into the eyes of incoming traffic. The bosch projectors give a clean output, but they're not wide, and they are fog projectors so they're nowhere as intense as headlight projectors. Now to those who retrofitted normal D2S projectors in their fogs...wow. =)

Improved visibility wasn't the main reason I did this either, but it's a nice side benefit. I just wanted to match my headlights and don't like the crazy glare that HIDs in a reflector housing give off. Looks so much cleaner having projectors top and bottom. I'll try and get some output shots up in a few days. The dual cutoffs are pretty cool too.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Looks great brociouz. Exactly what I want!
I'll probably be in Danville this weekend. If you want to check them out in person PM me your cell and maybe we can meetup. I want to check out your dash LEDs and CF overlay anyway.
Old 03-10-10, 11:56 PM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ELL Y
^
TChan,

I am actually thinking of changing out the bosch mini's to Valeo clear lense d2s projectors. I have a pair just sitting in the closet. I chose this projector because it is the smallest HID projector available. It doesn't fit, but really close. I will have to shave the side of the projectors to fit. If I decide to do it, I will take pics for a DIY.
Old 03-10-10, 11:57 PM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn i want those fog projectors...
Old 03-13-10, 04:09 PM
dembou
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brocioz, I have one more question. One picture title says that the high beams are not pictured (silverstar ultras 9005), are they on, in DRL mode or is that just the 194's LEDs?

I'm asking to make sure before I start ordering because I would like to change the DRL's so they aren't yellow without loosing the high beams, I will replace the 194's as well. If I have to, I will replace the highs/DRL with LEDs and forget about the high beams.

Some other questions for anyone;

1) Any recommendation for a 9006 bulb to replace the OEM fog bulbs that would match the garax 6000k as close as possible in white or bluish but no yellow? (I currently don't have a driveway or a place to work on mods. My mods have to be simple that don't require removing the bumper to comfortably install an HID kit for example).

2) Having replaced the OEM high beam/DRL bulbs (9005) with LEDs, what happens if you pull the light switch back? The question is to know if at least one can still use that method for signaling other drivers and pedestrians.

All help and answers are appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by dembou; 03-13-10 at 04:12 PM. Reason: To specify
Old 03-13-10, 04:44 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Originally Posted by dembou
Brocioz, I have one more question. One picture title says that the high beams are not pictured (silverstar ultras 9005), are they on, in DRL mode or is that just the 194's LEDs?

I'm asking to make sure before I start ordering because I would like to change the DRL's so they aren't yellow without loosing the high beams, I will replace the 194's as well. If I have to, I will replace the highs/DRL with LEDs and forget about the high beams.

Some other questions for anyone;

1) Any recommendation for a 9006 bulb to replace the OEM fog bulbs that would match the garax 6000k as close as possible in white or bluish but no yellow? (I currently don't have a driveway or a place to work on mods. My mods have to be simple that don't require removing the bumper to comfortably install an HID kit for example).

2) Having replaced the OEM high beam/DRL bulbs (9005) with LEDs, what happens if you pull the light switch back? The question is to know if at least one can still use that method for signaling other drivers and pedestrians.

All help and answers are appreciated, thanks.
The high beams/DRLs are not on in any of the pictures. When you turn the low beams on the DRLs are automatically disabled. The high beam functionality is still there, but I didn't take any pictures. You're only seeing the parking light on that part of the headlamp assembly.

If you're trying to get rid of the yellow DRL look, you'll have to get an LED conversion kit, but then you lose high beams. The other option is to have the dealer disabled the DRLs altogether.

1) I tried the Silverstar Ultras for the fogs - it's better, but still not a good match. Maybe others know of a better option, but they would probably all involve greatly reduced output if you want a color match. You really have to get an HID kit for the fogs to match right. Check this thread of mine: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ng-lights.html

2) They would turn on, but wouldn't provide any usable light. Drivers could probably see it turning on and off, but it would be washed out by your lows. You wouldn't have that blinding effect to catch their attention.

Last edited by brociouz; 03-13-10 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-14-10, 03:25 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

love the fogs.. i want one like that..with the TSX projector..or the RX projector...Hi ELL Y!!!
Old 03-21-10, 05:45 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

First post updated with a whole bunch of output pictures. Enjoy.
Old 03-21-10, 10:40 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for sharing... would love to see them when we have mini meet in NorCal
btw, have you guys tried to access to the fog lights through the behind cover without taking off the entire bumper?

Last edited by blk250; 03-22-10 at 02:50 PM.

Quick Reply: 6000K Garax Lows & 6000K PROJECTOR Fogs (Pics)