IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dealer damaged the car!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-10, 08:40 PM
rcracer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer damaged the car!

So i went to pick up the car today after getting the f-sport tsb done. I was about to drive off, I was putting my stuff in the trunk when i noticed a scratch on the bumper. So i look around and sure enough there were more marks on the bumper. Then as i walk towards the front of the car ... the bumper passenger side is all damage i was almost in tears when i saw it i immediately walked back to inform my SA and he checked it out. They said they were unaware of it what sucks is that i was gon drive off with it andif I did i woud have been blamed for it. they had the car for over a week bec they were waiting for the updated springs. The wife is furious and she doesnt want the car back. the service manager was no longer there so i will meet with him tomorrow. what should i do? sa said they could send it to get painted. the rear bumper is not that bad but the front is all messed up and needs to be replaced. looks like someone took it for a joyride and lost control.
Old 02-15-10, 08:46 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this Coliseum Lexus again? If i remember correctly, not too long ago, someone in this forum, his car was all messed up too due to his car is lowered.
Old 02-15-10, 08:48 PM
rcracer
Pole Position

lexus of concord
Old 02-15-10, 09:29 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That's horrible. I would raise hell. Don't stop complaining until it's perfect.
Old 02-15-10, 09:30 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

check the mileage on the car. see if someone really did take it out for a joyride
Old 02-15-10, 09:37 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

not entire true. there are horror stories but my dealership has treated me with utmost respect.
Old 02-15-10, 09:46 PM
rcracer
Pole Position

I just hope they treat me well. My demands would be to have new bumpers plus diminished value. I didn't really get to inspect the car bec the service was closing and I had to leave to pick up my kids. But I also noticed the rim had a scratch I tried looking under but the car but it was low and it was getting dark out so i would need to jack it up to see. Ive keep this car in showroom condition since it was bought and its never even seen rain. We'll see what they say tomorrow.
Old 02-15-10, 09:50 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

ive noticed it the first time i go to the dealer for my first time check up with any car ive owned, there is usually a scuff or a ding. with the IS however, there was a fingerprint of the tech's oily hands on my steering wheel and some oil on the center console (part of the wheel is white), and there was an unusually dip in my mpg (i checked before i gave the key to the lexus service guy) as well as a ten mile difference from when i gave the key till when it was returned to me. i didnt wanna make a big deal out of it, but something had to be said. for them to smudge the steering wheel the way they did, that was totally irresponsible and immediately i had them clean it out. sure enough, it took a good five rounds of cleaner to get it out. dont kno why they couldnt make sure to clean before they got into the car. i was extremely pissed about the mpg and mileage and asked why there was a discrepancy. the lexus rep said that it was "a necessary process". needless to say, i will probably ignore the first check up. i only went this time to have my DRL delete, as i forgot to mention them to perform that option for me when i took delivery.
Old 02-15-10, 10:39 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

sucks to hear that happened. hope things get straightened up tomorrow
Old 02-15-10, 10:46 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

ten miles is a little excessive. i would not expect my mileage to be differing in more than 2 anytime i take it into the dealership
Old 02-15-10, 11:05 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

that one reason why i liked my BMW dealer over my Lexus cause BMW will walk with you around your car and point out the ding and scuff on you car so that you and them know how it was when it goes in. so that if there any other damage they will take care of it no question asked. Plus i hate how lexus take it threw the drive thru car wash cause my car came out with a scratch on the door. BMW hand washed my M3 rite in front of me that service. hope they fix it for you tho
Old 02-16-10, 03:34 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got any pics of the damage?
Old 02-16-10, 09:42 AM
rcracer
Pole Position

here are the damages
Attached Thumbnails Dealer damaged the car!-dsc02623.jpg   Dealer damaged the car!-dsc02624.jpg  
Old 02-16-10, 09:48 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

wow that front looks terrible. id raise hell about that.
Old 02-16-10, 09:50 AM
rcracer
Pole Position

So just had a chat with the Service manager in person. He is very apologetic that this happened and offered a 15k and 30k as compensation. They agreed to replace the bumper at first they said they were just going to fix and paint. After what they did to the car, I don't want to get the comp service. I ask for other things instead and theyll get back to me. They were trying to conceal this and thats what sucks I could have driven away with the damages. So make sure you guys take time to check your cars before driving off the dealership after a service.

Quick Reply: Dealer damaged the car!