IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navigation Froze Up HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-10, 06:56 PM
lildev1984
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this is just 2006 navi issues.. as most people who stated have the same problem are all 2006 owners..
Old 01-16-10, 12:30 PM
LexCharles
Driver School Candidate

I'm currently having the same problem with my navigation touch screen. The only thing I was able to touch is the language button. I have a 2007 IS350 with about 55K miles. I tried reseting the battery, pulling the TV1/ TV2 fuse and pulling/connecting the wires from the rear amp for about a minute. Problem still not fixed. Any new updates? Thanks
Old 01-17-10, 12:33 PM
nipperiley
Driver School Candidate

Just got my 2006 IS250 back from Lexus of Portland. Part $2051, labor $115. Navigation now works perfectly. But that was a big chunk of change though!!!
Old 01-19-10, 08:35 AM
vintage
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Touch Screen Issues

Well I have a 2006 IS350 and mine just did the same thing. The touch screen won't respond to touch at all now. It stays at the agreement section. I called the closest Lexus Dealer in Houston and the Service Adviser told me that they have a new program that they will trade out yours for a remanufactured one for about $700.00 including labor. I have an appt set for the end of the month to get an official diagnosis and price before they order a new one. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to spend that much money on this. I will let you know what the verdict is.
Old 01-19-10, 06:40 PM
LexCharles
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys for your inputs and updates. From what I researched, there is no quick fix. I think if worst comes to worst, I might order a used unit from Ebay.
Old 03-31-10, 06:14 PM
jhong28
Rookie

would warranty cover this problem?? i just experienced this problem with my touchscreen.
Old 03-31-10, 08:25 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

if you have warranty, it'll be covered for sure
Old 04-01-10, 04:37 PM
mc501s
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lildev1984
Couple days ago.. I turned off my car and went to buy something from the store and when I got back and turned on my car.. My navigation system froze up.. I could still turn on audio and air condition system.. I could still see what is in my navigation system but when I press accept it would not let me.. touch screen does not work.. I took my car for service at a lexus dealer and they told me that it needs to be replaced and it would cost me $2,400.. I ask them what would be the cause of this error but they did not explain.. So I kind of dont trust them.. Since one time they told me that I have oil leak and my tires needs to be replaced but at the time I dont have that much money to replaced it so i rejected.. In my parking area at home I dont see any oil drops.. So I have it check with my friends mechanic who works with luxury cars and he said there are no oil leaks and there are no problem with my tires.. used it for more than a year and didnt have problem with those mentioned by lexus dealership..

I didnt spill anything on my car, got it wet, etc. ect.. why would this happened?

Is there anyway other way I could try 1st before replacing my entire navi system with the new one or the fly audio one?

Example:

Like my friend said that the same thing happened to his BMW M3 and he kinda hard reset his navigation system by removing the negative wire from his battery for 5 mins then after that it worked.. but he said it might not be the same thing to hard reset a lexus IS350 and might damage the car.. and suggested to ask around first how to reset your navigation system..

So please help!!! I dont wanna waste money if it is possible to fixed without spending 2k..

I have a lexus IS350 2006 by the way..
Man, same thing happened to my wife 2005 Acura TL. The buttons for Navi and Audio are froze but radio and CD work fine. If I tapped on the dash, it would come on for a few minutes. If I entered the info. fast enough, the map would work but I do not get the Navi voice. I better make sure I get extended warranty when my 2008 IS250 is up. Isn't technology wonderful? NOT...
Old 01-16-11, 03:24 PM
asg326
Driver School Candidate

Default NAV freeze up

Got a 2004 GX470. Navigation system screen froze -- after warranty expired. Dealer quoted replacement at $2800. Lexus offered 50% courtesy discount. Can this touchscreen system be fixed at a cheaper cost? I see a lot of talk on forum with 2006 models, but not a 2004.
Old 01-16-11, 05:44 PM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope you guys can find a solution i had mine fix under warranty had to replace the whole unit.....i had the same exact problem.. but on my screen if i press the left bottom corner it would thinks its pressing the top right.. very weird.

edit: if you try searching the forum for "nav screen" u can find where alot of this has alrdy been discusses hope it helps.
Old 04-18-11, 08:21 AM
endollan
Driver School Candidate

I just started having my problem on my 2007 IS250. The screen stopped functioning one day. It will display but won't accept any touch inputs from me. I've seen from other forums that people have just replaced their screen, but I didn't get much detail from it.

I'm still trying to find a cheap solution to it and my warranty just went out 2010 december.
Old 04-18-11, 12:15 PM
cloo7
Pole Position

I hope you guys can find a feasible solution to your problems... I do not have this "problem" yet, but if or when I do, I do not think I will be fixing it. I will drive the car as is.
Old 04-18-11, 01:50 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Sounds like an internal "overheating" issue. Doubt there's a simple/cheap fix. Try finding a used Nav unit on ebay or something.

I have a '06 350 myself...not looking forward to this happening.
Old 04-18-11, 07:16 PM
Newlexluvr
Driver School Candidate

It is time Lexus owns up to the Navigation system and all of the issues that us owners have had to deal with. THE NAVIGATION UNIT WONT EVER become a recalled part since they are not a saftey issue.

I have had to replace the screen once so far that that was another 2600.00, 6 months later my map doesnt work, its giving me a message saying "external unit not connected". The Dealer said I need a new hard drive(I have heard that everytime there is an issue with it).

The service manager finally admitted that the nav unit is prone to a lot of problems and unless there is a class action lawsuit, Lexus wont fix them.

Doing a little bit of research on the issue I know that there are many owners out there that have benefited from a group of individuals coming together with the same issue.

HERE IS WHAT I KNOW TO BE TRUE:

1. If your car is still under warranty and your nav unit has issues, lexus will cover it

2. If they fix the issue you have 1 year of parts and labor coverage

3. Eventually your warranty will expire and you will have to pay out of your pocket if your nav system fails

4. Your Nav system WILL FAIL AGAIN

5. Your Nav system WILL FAIL AGAIN

If you would like to join me in getting Lexus to address this issue please email me with the following:

-Name
-Model(250 or 350) and year of your IS
-Issues you have had with your Navigation unit
1. Hard Drive gone bad
2. Display screen outage
3. Any other issues that can be grouped together on a mass level

I am not asking for a lot of information here and I am willing to do the leg and foot work to get this going. I am a very easy going individual, not a complainer by any means but I feel just about taking the intiative in getting this started so Lexus can own up their faulty Navigation units that cost over 5k.

I look forward to hearing from as many of you as possible.

Richard Berlanga
Rberlanga@gmail.com
925-577-9002

Proud lexus owner since 10/05(still proud after 10 recalls and thousands of dollars in fixing problems that Lexus hasnt recalled yet)
Old 04-18-11, 07:38 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

I normally drive with the display off. No need to run navi if I already know where I'm going. I figure it's going to save the life of the moniter as well. Besides, it's easier on the eyes at night with a darker interior...

Quick Reply: Navigation Froze Up HELP!!!