IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help! (with squeaking noise)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-09, 09:46 PM
ilabmylexy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! (with squeaking noise)

my car 06 is250 makes a squeekie noise evry morning when backin up! its weird coz its only makes noise in the morning and it comes in the back wheels of the car.
Old 12-02-09, 10:15 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

do you park outside? maybe its the fog that gets on your brakes and once the dew on your brakes dry up the noise goes away? i know thats why my brakes squeak when they are wet
Old 12-02-09, 10:29 PM
ilabmylexy
Driver School Candidate

i park my car inside my garage so i dont think its the fog, and its just newly installed after market brake pads...what is the best after market break pads anyway? thanks!
Old 12-03-09, 11:07 AM
RA030724
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesn't have to be in fog or outside. In damp weather, even when parked in my garage, the rotors get a light coat of rust that gets "ground" off when I back down the drive and brake. Gives a grind/squeek noise that is gone as soon as I hit drive. I live in Indiana.
Old 12-03-09, 11:56 AM
mdsbrain
Lead Lap

Sounds kind of like the noise I get when the brakes are first used each morning. And when the trans and rear Diff switch from R to D.
Old 12-03-09, 12:49 PM
iceheat710
Driver School Candidate

Hi, don't wanna hijack your thread, but I'm also having some squeaky issue, and I thought it might be better to post here than to start another thread...

My squeaks is coming from where the instrument cluster is, there's this panel underneath the top that squeaks every time the road gets a bit rough. anyone have this issue before? You can see the image to where I mean...

Help! (with squeaking noise)-aovui.jpg
Old 12-03-09, 10:12 PM
2007ISDRVR
Driver School Candidate

Default Rattles, Cracks, Squeaks, and other noises.

Originally Posted by iceheat710
Hi, don't wanna hijack your thread, but I'm also having some squeaky issue, and I thought it might be better to post here than to start another thread...

My squeaks is coming from where the instrument cluster is, there's this panel underneath the top that squeaks every time the road gets a bit rough. anyone have this issue before? You can see the image to where I mean...

I've gotten a similar problem from my dash. I've got an 07 w/ 25k miles and the entire dash and instrument cluster rattles constantly... I went to my local Lexus dealer and asked them to which they said there is a Technical Service Bulletin about this and an "anti-noise kit?" They mentioned that it is a package of hi/lo density foam that they stuff in your dash. I had this done for free under warranty and now the cluster doesn't rattle, but the dash near the windshield around the center speaker grille still makes awful squeaking and cracking sounds. Don't know if this helps...
Old 12-04-09, 10:45 AM
hybridanim
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same noise and squeak when i go through rough roads also. Its kind of annoying with all the squeezes and rattle in the interior with a Lexus, i thought they would build it better. I had a tsib done to the interior dashboard, but somehow they didn't fix that instrument cluster vibration squeaks.

[QUOTE=iceheat710;5046249]Hi, don't wanna hijack your thread, but I'm also having some squeaky issue, and I thought it might be better to post here than to start another thread...

Old 10-31-11, 03:58 PM
Covey582
Driver School Candidate

My '09 IS250 has a whirring sound coming from in front of the steering wheel, near the instruments. It happens at odd times, sometimes not at all. Sounds like a low key, "zub, zub, zub" then stops. Sometimes at start up, sometimes after backing up. Sometimes at 20MPH, sometimes at 45MPH. I've taken it in to the local Lexus dealer, they say it's fixed, and I get home and it happens again the next AM. The cracking sounds at the base of the radio stack are mild in comparison. Has anyone had this "whirring" sound? I thought it was something related to the speedometer or odometer, but those are digital and I can't imagine what would create the noises. I'm looking for owners who have had the same noise (as best I can describe it.) Thanks.
Old 10-31-11, 06:21 PM
codenko
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Covey582
Has anyone had this "whirring" sound?
I've had that too, no idea what it is but since it ocurs so randomly , the dealer can never "replicate it" -_-
Old 02-03-13, 09:35 AM
sbaer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iceheat710

Hey iceaheat710- Ever got that noise fixed? I got the same squeaks around my odometer cluster.