IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

NAV disc STUCK!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-09, 02:44 AM
jkang5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAV disc STUCK!

So, I tried making a hybrid nav disc but it looks like i failed. My failed hybrid disc is now stuck in the nav disc drive and I can't get it out because I can't get to the menu button to press eject disc. It just says something like "unable to read disc, please consult a dealer." Or something of that sort.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-01-09, 08:22 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Did you get it out? Try hitting the top left corner and bottom left corner over and over. Try the right side as well.
Old 12-01-09, 08:48 PM
shui3000
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't have the nav option, but with most drives, there's a hole for manual ejection, where you just use a paperclip. is there one for your car?
Old 12-01-09, 10:37 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

this has actually happened to me several years ago...

i did not know of any buttons to remove the disc... so i manually removed it myself.

How did i do this? disassemble the whole HU and manually removed the bad disc and inserted the OEM disc from the DVD NAV DRIVE.... such a relief...

but before u go through what i did.... best to check if there is a way to remove the disc without taking your HU apart.
Old 12-02-09, 07:22 AM
slickz
Driver School Candidate

there was a thread about this..
someone had the same problem.
since the hybrid disc is not being read by the nav, it should continue to spin/turn inside.
what you need to do is find something..maybe a flathead or ruler small enough to slide into the cd slot. once u slide it in, hold down on the cd to stop it from spinning.
once the cd stops spinning, you should be able to eject the disc.
lemme know if it works.
Old 12-02-09, 07:56 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slickz
since the hybrid disc is not being read by the nav, it should continue to spin/turn inside.
what you need to do is find something..maybe a flathead or ruler small enough to slide into the cd slot. once u slide it in, hold down on the cd to stop it from spinning.
lemme know if it works.
this sounds very dangerous.... sticking something into the slot not knowing what exactly it would touch...
Old 12-02-09, 08:19 AM
slickz
Driver School Candidate

ive never done but its what i read from another thread.
it cant be that bad if done carefully..but i guess only if hes deperate enough to get it out.
Old 12-02-09, 08:35 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by jkang5
So, I tried making a hybrid nav disc but it looks like i failed. My failed hybrid disc is now stuck in the nav disc drive and I can't get it out because I can't get to the menu button to press eject disc. It just says something like "unable to read disc, please consult a dealer." Or something of that sort.

Any suggestions?
and ANOTHER reason you should just use OEM disc's, i tried to use a non oem disc a few years ago and got mine stuck. embarrassingly i took it to my dealer afterwards....

Originally Posted by shui3000
i don't have the nav option, but with most drives, there's a hole for manual ejection, where you just use a paperclip. is there one for your car?
not on a lexus sir....

lemme know if it works.
dude please stop commenting if this is gonna be your comments. DONT STICK ANYTHING INTO THE HARD DRIVE! PERIOD.......

Originally Posted by istundra
this sounds very dangerous.... sticking something into the slot not knowing what exactly it would touch...
x2

ive never done but its what i read from another thread.
it cant be that bad if done carefully..but i guess only if hes deperate enough to get it out.
IT CAN BE THAT BAD.........OP suck it up, tuck you head between your tail, and go to dealer. tell them what you did and they should be able to remove it probably with a fee but still better than replacing a whole HU or if they cant/wont do it, try a reputable audio shop!
Old 12-02-09, 09:05 AM
slickz
Driver School Candidate

hey guys..im just suggesting a method that was posted on this forum and it was proven to work..so relax
i was wrong about the flathead ..it was a credit card..but the idea was the same.
im just trying to help the guy out because obviously, he wouldve went to the dealer in the first place if he wanted to. he posted here because he wants to see if any of us have other ways to get the cd out..so im just trying to help.

here is the link
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post4098212

page 17, post # 249

"Thanks...I actually JUST got it out. I got to thinking about how my macbook pro is similar style loading. And there was instructions on getting a stuck CD out of the macbooks. You basically have to pin the cd (i used a credit card) so that it stops spinning. Once the cd stopped spinning in the dvd drive, the menu button worked. At that point I was able to press DVD menu on the screen and the select eject.

So just an FYI for those who get stuck at a point where the DVD drive is reading and the menu won't work (or the top left/lower left method). This will work as well. You just have to get the drive to stop trying to read the DVD by pinning it down. Once the cd stops spinning, the menu functions come back. "
Old 12-02-09, 10:26 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

hey guys..im just suggesting a method that was posted on this forum and it was proven to work..so relax
i was wrong about the flathead ..it was a credit card..but the idea was the same.
im just trying to help the guy out because obviously, he wouldve went to the dealer in the first place if he wanted to. he posted here because he wants to see if any of us have other ways to get the cd out..so im just trying to help.

here is the link
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post4098212

page 17, post # 249

"Thanks...I actually JUST got it out. I got to thinking about how my macbook pro is similar style loading. And there was instructions on getting a stuck CD out of the macbooks. You basically have to pin the cd (i used a credit card) so that it stops spinning. Once the cd stopped spinning in the dvd drive, the menu button worked. At that point I was able to press DVD menu on the screen and the select eject.

So just an FYI for those who get stuck at a point where the DVD drive is reading and the menu won't work (or the top left/lower left method). This will work as well. You just have to get the drive to stop trying to read the DVD by pinning it down. Once the cd stops spinning, the menu functions come back. "
lol....since u fairly new i will say this (and no im not trying to act like a OG but i know how educated some, but not all, newer members are)....as Lexus becomes cheaper and cheaper to own and the economy becomes worse alot younger and more ignorant (not necessarily both 2gether) people will buy them so don't take all info posted on here to heart (also no im not calling you this.) best advice NEVER put a flat head or a credit card into your hard-drive...........i don't care what some other forum member has done...just cause someone has done it on here doesn't mean that's the appropriate solution sir.

welcome to the club btw....not even sure how i ended up in the 2nd gen IS forum but oh well. i think i was trolling again
Old 12-02-09, 11:47 AM
slickz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sakataj

welcome to the club btw....not even sure how i ended up in the 2nd gen IS forum but oh well. i think i was trolling again

thanks .. glad to be on this forum.

i understand where u are coming from. some just take a little bit more risk than others. all good. whatever the case is, lets see how he gets the CD out. wonder how much the dealer charges ..
Old 12-02-09, 05:52 PM
jkang5
Driver School Candidate

OK. I figured it out. I'll post the instructions just in case anyone else has problems with this.

When you're on the black screen that says "disc cannot be read, take to your dealer" or something of that sort, just tap the top right of the screen and your dvd will pop out. That's it!
Old 12-02-09, 05:57 PM
slickz
Driver School Candidate

glad to see everything worked out
Old 12-02-09, 09:02 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jkang5
OK. I figured it out. I'll post the instructions just in case anyone else has problems with this.

When you're on the black screen that says "disc cannot be read, take to your dealer" or something of that sort, just tap the top right of the screen and your dvd will pop out. That's it!
If you do a search on the forums, several people have had this issue and this resolution has worked for most.
Old 12-04-09, 11:39 AM
aron7awol
Driver School Candidate

One other thing that worked for me:

Turn the car on and go through the menus as fast as you can to hit eject. You can do it fast enough so that it will eject before the unit has enough time to try to read the disc.

Quick Reply: NAV disc STUCK!