Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-13, 03:17 PM
senxation
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I reseted my flyaudio and now my NAV wont work anymore because it cannot run the program. Does anyone know how to get the software so I can put it on my SD card? Pm if you can!
Old 12-10-13, 01:43 PM
Anatoliy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mark Levinson? 24bit? DTS|Dolby?

I have 2008 Lexus IS350 with Navigation, Mark Levinson audio system, and rear cam.

Currently it can play DVDs, DVD Audio (24 bits multichannel sound) and DTS-CDs.

Does Flyaudio system supports:
1. Stock OEM rear camera?
2. Stock OEM GPS antenna?
3, Mark Levinson DVD-CD Changer (Dolby|DTS|24bit)?
4. 24 bits multichannel FLACs?
5. Stock OEM Phone mic?

Does Flyaudio completely integrates with stock IS350 MARK LEVENSON OEM receiver amplifier via DIGITAL input|output and OEM COMPUTER?
Old 01-07-14, 08:42 AM
kubakj
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I tried ALL navigation maps for this unit made for win CE and iGO Primo was the best one. Garmin very bad, dont waste your time.

I had flyaudio for 1,5 year and suddenly I am getting more and more issues:

- my camera is acting up, probably is going to die soon, so I am thinking to replace to see if that helps.
- when my rear camera is on I can see DVD image display is also showing on a screen, so dont know what tha heck ...
- when I am playing DVD sound is TERRIBLE and scratchy noises and when I listen to a radio audio is EXCELLENT! I dont watch DVD, but I only have it for my daughter back LCD and audio is a problem.
- MICROPHONE stopped working and only scratches sound when I place a Bluetooth call. I tried to replace with other mic and very little improvement.
- screen is flickering from time to time
- sometimes I get NO GPS signal, even when I have antenna out and put it on a room of dashboard.

I will unmount and mount back everything to see if some wire is not touching other wire and cousing these problems.

I hope unit is ok.
Old 01-20-14, 08:59 AM
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kubakj
I tried ALL navigation maps for this unit made for win CE and iGO Primo was the best one. Garmin very bad, dont waste your time.

- my camera is acting up, probably is going to die soon, so I am thinking to replace to see if that helps.
- when my rear camera is on I can see DVD image display is also showing on a screen, so dont know what tha heck ...
- when I am playing DVD sound is TERRIBLE and scratchy noises and when I listen to a radio audio is EXCELLENT! I dont watch DVD, but I only have it for my daughter back LCD and audio is a problem.
- MICROPHONE stopped working and only scratches sound when I place a Bluetooth call. I tried to replace with other mic and very little improvement.
- sometimes I get NO GPS signal, even when I have antenna out and put it on a room of dashboard.

I will unmount and mount back everything to see if some wire is not touching other wire and cousing these problems.

I hope unit is ok.

that's the thing that worries me now. since they offer 2 year, 3 year, and 5 year warranty and price is based off that. so I wonder if the quality lasts a little past the warranty mark before it dips out. sorry to hear you're going through this but keep us posted after you unmounts and mount everything back!
Old 02-12-14, 05:54 PM
simba
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kubakj

I hope unit is ok.
Did you manage to take a look behind your unit? If so how did it go? I've had my unit for about 6 months and no big issues so far. My back up camera flickers from time to time and once in a while blacks out and the screen shows that it can't detect anything.
Old 02-16-14, 07:44 PM
monsterfa
Driver School Candidate

Where can you get that hardware piece for the fly audio airbag light fix?
Old 02-16-14, 07:47 PM
monsterfa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Anatoliy
I have 2008 Lexus IS350 with Navigation, Mark Levinson audio system, and rear cam.

Currently it can play DVDs, DVD Audio (24 bits multichannel sound) and DTS-CDs.

Does Flyaudio system supports:
1. Stock OEM rear camera?
2. Stock OEM GPS antenna?
3, Mark Levinson DVD-CD Changer (Dolby|DTS|24bit)?
4. 24 bits multichannel FLACs?
5. Stock OEM Phone mic?

Does Flyaudio completely integrates with stock IS350 MARK LEVENSON OEM receiver amplifier via DIGITAL input|output and OEM COMPUTER?
I dont know if this is what you were referring to but this guy Linus73 has installed the FA unit into a vehicle with factory NAV.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-of-pics.html
Old 02-23-14, 08:31 AM
limonade
Driver School Candidate

Smile software update

Originally Posted by djsai
Hey guys this what Edward from flyaudio sent me

We have uploaded the program for you to install the upgrade on our website. We also put a PDF document, giving you step-by-step instructions. The BIOS file will be ready shortly. Just come back later and hopefully it will be ready. Thank you.
Hi Edward, Do y know where I can find that on yr webside? I have an air bag MIL light on my dash and I hope the upgrade can fix it...my radio frequencies do not match the actual ...limonade
Old 02-24-14, 04:40 AM
darkloki
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Does anyone have a Gen1 GPS working? If so,
can you tell me what GPS to use on it, and where I can find it? Thanks.

Last edited by darkloki; 02-24-14 at 04:51 AM.
Old 02-28-14, 06:25 AM
darkloki
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Thread goes 150+ pages then just dies....
Old 06-21-14, 08:48 PM
cdcodydavi
Driver School Candidate

Default Simple Fly Audio Upgrade

As many of you know the fly audio unit does not support streaming BT audio. I found a simple solution to fix this. I found a BT receiver with a 30 pin ipod connection and hooked it up to the ipod cable. The cool thing about this is you dont have to run a separate power and aux cable. It also leaves the aux input in the arm rest free for other use.

I added a couple of pictures to show you what it looks like. The receiver is hidden in the center console of the car under the cup holder.
Attached Thumbnails FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350-photo-1.jpg   FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350-photo-2.jpg  
Old 06-29-14, 10:28 PM
jay90011
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cdcodydavi
As many of you know the fly audio unit does not support streaming BT audio. I found a simple solution to fix this. I found a BT receiver with a 30 pin ipod connection and hooked it up to the ipod cable. The cool thing about this is you dont have to run a separate power and aux cable. It also leaves the aux input in the arm rest free for other use.

I added a couple of pictures to show you what it looks like. The receiver is hidden in the center console of the car under the cup holder.
I am looking to do the same thing with my unit as well. Quick question does the BT unit turn on automatically and does it broadcast any music information to the flyaudio interface?

Also can you provide us the model number of the Naxa unit.

Thanks
Old 06-30-14, 12:54 PM
cdcodydavi
Driver School Candidate

I use spotify to stream music to my phone and it transmits fine. Sometimes you do have to select which BT source you want ( if you have your phone synced to the fly audio BT as well). The unit is the nab 4000. It turns on when the car starts.
Old 07-08-14, 11:20 AM
minato
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MKsky
Can some one help me out with this problem occur on my navi!?

When i start the car, it become like this:

then when i tab the "Browse" it becomes like this which there is nothing i can do after that. I do have my SD card in (one igo8 and one tomtom) but both has the same screen.

Can anyone help me out?
Emergency!
Bringing this thread back up

I am having same problem
sd card is fat32 - reformatted
copied same maps and having same problem
tried other sd cards also

any suggestions ?
Old 07-08-14, 01:20 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by minato
Bringing this thread back up

I am having same problem
sd card is fat32 - reformatted
copied same maps and having same problem
tried other sd cards also

any suggestions ?
You formatted the SD card? Why?

Did you backup everything before hand? Like the D2280 folder and config file?

In the config file, it specifies where certain files are, such as your themes, and navigation.

Lucky for you, this should be an easy fix. Just go to the thread linked below and go to my Mediafire link and download the new D2280 folder and place it on your SD card.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tant-info.html

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350