Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-13, 05:23 AM
gaccord32
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody got a 2nd gen unity they want to sell?
Old 06-19-13, 04:12 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gaccord32
Anybody got a 2nd gen unity they want to sell?
gaccord32

Sorry bud I like my FlyAudio way to much to ever sell it. Just give David a call over carlighttrends.com he sells them and is a great guy he knows the FlyAudio backwards and forwards. I would say that your a member of CL and he might give you a discount, that is what I said and he gave me a free camera and free shipping.

Personally I would not buy something like this used I would rather purchase new with a 1 year warranty but that is MHO.
Old 06-30-13, 05:18 AM
Woody86
Driver School Candidate

Default Update help

Hi guys. I'm new here. I'm in need of the latest update for the 2nd gen unit. can anybody help me to source this please. I have the problem of the unit switching back to a default radio station and not staying on last played on start up.

Thanks
Old 09-02-13, 11:42 AM
khanra60
Driver School Candidate

Default How do I find reverse + wore and the Parking - for installation

Originally Posted by djsai
FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus 2008 IS250/350

Price: Around $1999 (maybe cheaper with group buys)
Install time: 2-4Hrs depending on your experience

Initial Impressions:
After getting frustrated at researching a lot online for a kit and aftermarket Nav/Dvd Multimedia system the only superb solution I found was this FlyAudio unit for my 08 IS250.
The installation took about 3 hours for me and my friend to do it since the only hard part was the rearview camera. After installing the unit my impression was “ wow”…. This is a very sophisticated piece that FlyAudio produced which is in everyway superior to an OEM unit. I will explain everything in the video for you guys….

The only cons I found in this unit so far was
---No clock display on the external unit
Below are the temporary bugs it has that FlyAudio said would be upgraded with new software in future.
---Radio frequencies are not on point with original station frequencies
Ex – If your original local station number is 93.9 the station number shown in the display is 94.5~95.1 just couple numbers away. - FIXED
-Temperature is shown in Celsius not Fahrenheit - FIXED
-IPod interface doesn’t have a lot of options.

Overall I am very happy with this unit and they way it performs. Everything I wanted exceeded my expectations. Thanks to FlyAudio for making this system and hope they will fix the bugs above.

Hope you guys enjoy the video!!!Sorry about the quality and some unedited parts lol

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus 2008 IS250-350 Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFy2S0vzNOI

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus 2008 IS250-350 Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxd38cY2rG0

Anyone who bought this unit plz feel free to post up your comments, tips, tricks etc..
I bought this unit and trying to install it. Can someone tell me how to find parking - and reverse + wire also how do I rum the camera wires to the back, I have convertable which makes it difficult..
Regards
Old 09-02-13, 11:43 AM
khanra60
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by khanra60
I bought this unit and trying to install it. Can someone tell me how to find parking - and reverse + wire also how do I rum the camera wires to the back, I have convertable which makes it difficult..
Regards
When I click on the link
it says it is private how do i get to see the link.
Regards
RK
Old 09-04-13, 09:45 AM
khanra60
Driver School Candidate

Default Rear view Camera for convertable model

Originally Posted by NimaM
The cleanest way to get the cables to the trunk is removing the rear seats. I was lazy and hid the video cable behind the seat and routed it through the door behind the rear armrest and was able to hide the cable behind the trunk liners. It all took about 5 minutes. the video cable becomes visible if I bend over into the trunk!

I bought the camera from the link as below
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flyaudio-backup-camera-FAC-306-for-lexus-IS-and-ES-serial-2006-2012-/221261541593?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item33843730d9
I am confused how to run the cable to the back because I have Convertable. the trunk opens both ends. Does anybody has experience to install the rear view camera in convertable IS250. Need help. I can't find the parking brake + also.
Regards
Old 09-04-13, 01:15 PM
khanra60
Driver School Candidate

Angry Can't see the video

Initial Impressions:
After getting frustrated at researching a lot online for a kit and aftermarket Nav/Dvd Multimedia system the only superb solution I found was this FlyAudio unit for my 08 IS250.
The installation took about 3 hours for me and my friend to do it since the only hard part was the rearview camera. After installing the unit my impression was “ wow”…. This is a very sophisticated piece that FlyAudio produced which is in everyway superior to an OEM unit. I will explain everything in the video for you guys….

Below are the temporary bugs it has that FlyAudio said would be upgraded with new software in future.
Ex – If your original local station number is 93.9 the station number shown in the display is 94.5~95.1 just couple numbers away. - FIXED

Overall I am very happy with this unit and they way it performs. Everything I wanted exceeded my expectations. Thanks to FlyAudio for making this system and hope they will fix the bugs above.

Hope you guys enjoy the video!!!Sorry about the quality and some unedited parts lol

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus 2008 IS250-350 Part 1

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus 2008 IS250-350 Part 2

Anyone who bought this unit plz feel free to post up your comments, tips, tricks etc..
I can't see the above video. The error is that it is private video and I have no authorization. Can you open it for me.
regards
Old 09-12-13, 11:18 AM
simba
Driver School Candidate

Smile Review Video

Initial Impressions:

Hi, I can't access the video reviews. Anywhere I can check them out as public?
Old 09-22-13, 06:09 PM
simba
Driver School Candidate

Default I bought one and made my own vid.

Originally Posted by khanra60
I can't see the above video. The error is that it is private video and I have no authorization. Can you open it for me.
regards
Let me know if you have any questions I may not have addressed

Old 10-03-13, 12:14 PM
pauklius
Driver School Candidate

Default Stuck on welcome screen

I have a second generation flyaudio unit in my 2006 is250. I bought it from automax service and now a little bit then a year later its having big problems. First the unit started not working on navigation mode it would say path not found. Now it wont turn on at all it only goes to the fly audio welcome screen and then turns off. After about 5-10 seconds it does that again. Can anybody help me fix this? I tried to email the guy mat at automax that i bought it from but that email doesnt exist anymore.
Old 10-08-13, 04:50 PM
Kaze524
Driver School Candidate

I emailed Carlighttrends, they said the newest update, the clock problem is fixed. I am thinking about getting one. I want to know if anyone has gotten Garmin software onto it yet.
Old 10-14-13, 07:21 AM
simba
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kaze524
I emailed Carlighttrends, they said the newest update, the clock problem is fixed. I am thinking about getting one. I want to know if anyone has gotten Garmin software onto it yet.
I have tried to find it but so far no luck. Mine came with a Mav system called naviexplore(something like that) and I also wanted to try igo. So if anyone has either please give me a shout too
Old 10-15-13, 07:14 PM
Kaze524
Driver School Candidate

Simba, where did you buy yours from?

Thanks
Old 10-18-13, 10:04 AM
Kaze524
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know where I can get one for a decent price?

Thanks
Old 10-22-13, 03:45 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by simba
I have tried to find it but so far no luck. Mine came with a Mav system called naviexplore(something like that) and I also wanted to try igo. So if anyone has either please give me a shout too
David from Carlighttrends.com lives in the same town as me, he told me that FlyAudio now comes with iGo Primo, I have been running it for some time now and its amazing software. I like both the original navi software that the FlyAudio used in the past but I like much more iGo Primo.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350