Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-12, 02:15 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Question for those using iGo Primo: Does it give you POI search result with direction arrows?

I'm using iGo8 and it doesn't, just a hard list and that annoys me because my handheld Garmin uses arrows and it's so handy:

Example:

Name:  6352.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  24.0 KB

So if Primo does that then I'll consider upgrading....
Old 05-09-12, 04:43 PM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, apparently my MicroSD slot isn't working... i have bought a new SD card yet the system refuse to read it... is there anyway to fix this? or is there a way to install the navigation system without using SD?
Old 05-09-12, 04:51 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by knbnguyen
Well, apparently my MicroSD slot isn't working... i have bought a new SD card yet the system refuse to read it... is there anyway to fix this? or is there a way to install the navigation system without using SD?
Is yours a 2nd gen, David from carlighttrends.com told me when I got mine that the unit has a 1year warranty. Since the card reader has gone bad, you should be able to exchange it for a new one.
Old 05-09-12, 04:55 PM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

no, mine is 1st gen..
Old 05-09-12, 07:46 PM
alexkhe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everybody! I'am a happpy owner of es350 2008y. Bought it couple days before. And it has flyaudio e8041 allready installed. I readed all this forum. And I think my flyaidio is 2gen. And now I have all problems discussed there.
1. Climat - Celsius temp, works with a lot of mistakes,
2. Radio fm shows around 80 MHz, but really plays frequencys from 100-...
3. Wheel buttons do not work with iPod and MP3. Only volume works.
So now I have next ideas:
1. Bios upgrade.
2. Check all wires to fix buttons.
3. Change yellow wire place.
So please help, is my plan wrong or right? Can it helps me?

Sorry for bad English...
Old 05-09-12, 07:58 PM
str8hust1a
Pole Position

Originally Posted by alexkhe
Hi everybody! I'am a happpy owner of es350 2008y. Bought it couple days before. And it has flyaudio e8041 allready installed. I readed all this forum. And I think my flyaidio is 2gen. And now I have all problems discussed there.
1. Bios upgrade.

Sorry for bad English...
go return it if you can, this unit is so crap.
Old 05-09-12, 08:09 PM
alexkhe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by str8hust1a
go return it if you can, this unit is so crap.
I can't. I bought car whith it installed.. ((
Old 05-09-12, 09:54 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by alexkhe
1. Bios upgrade.

Sorry for bad English...
I don't know about ES350 systems but the yellow wire fix is only if your AM radio doesn't work or is very faint. If your AM radio is fine then no need to do that.

The climate and FM radio display issues should be fixed by software, assuming Flyaudio has one released for your generation unit.
Old 05-10-12, 10:31 AM
phat167
Rookie

i have the same problem as you, i have a first gen also. Flyaudio does not read my sd cards , some of them just wont read anything, some cards gives me a black screen....
Old 05-10-12, 02:05 PM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by phat167
i have the same problem as you, i have a first gen also. Flyaudio does not read my sd cards , some of them just wont read anything, some cards gives me a black screen....
So everything work other then the SD reader? honestly i don't care about the Navigation much since i like garmin more...however, if there's a way to fix this problem i'm all about it.
Old 05-10-12, 02:06 PM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Ohhh, does the original manufacture sd work?
Old 05-13-12, 07:43 AM
pollvx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NimaM
Does anybody know if Second Gen FlyAudio plays video files?
In the amount of responses after this question, I saw nothing but the incorrect answer. I have a second generation unit and it WILL play AVI files (no MP4 for some reason) from a USB drive. The drive must be FAT32. Just go to the DVD section, select USB mode, then click on "Folder" and find the folder that contains the videos. Once there, click on "File" and it should display the videos.

One other note, I have iGo Primo 2 working with 3D terrain and buildings. The movement is comparable (in "smoothness") to a Garmin 3700 series.
Old 05-13-12, 07:49 AM
phat167
Rookie

Ohhh, does the original manufacture sd work?
nah card reader wont read any cards
Old 05-14-12, 11:30 AM
pollvx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Question for those using iGo Primo: Does it give you POI search result with direction arrows?

I'm using iGo8 and it doesn't, just a hard list and that annoys me because my handheld Garmin uses arrows and it's so handy:

So if Primo does that then I'll consider upgrading....
Do you have a 1st generation or 2nd generation? My understanding is that Primo 1.2 / 2 only work well with 128MB RAM solutions. The 1st generation is 64MB. Primo 2 has the arrows and distances just like the Garmin.
Old 05-14-12, 01:26 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pollvx
In the amount of responses after this question, I saw nothing but the incorrect answer. I have a second generation unit and it WILL play AVI files (no MP4 for some reason) from a USB drive. The drive must be FAT32. Just go to the DVD section, select USB mode, then click on "Folder" and find the folder that contains the videos. Once there, click on "File" and it should display the videos.

One other note, I have iGo Primo 2 working with 3D terrain and buildings. The movement is comparable (in "smoothness") to a Garmin 3700 series.
Mhmm! How about them apples. I finally got USB videos to work.... I used to have the Gen 1 and the Gen 2 uses a much different interface and is very unintuitive. I followed your procedure, though after you click the file name (it starts playing audio only at first, this is where I stopped before thinking that's it, no more usb video)... BUT then you have to press "back" on the top right corner to the DVD main screen and press "Image" to get the video to show on screen. Sunuvabeech... SMH. Thanks pollvx!

Originally Posted by pollvx
Do you have a 1st generation or 2nd generation? My understanding is that Primo 1.2 / 2 only work well with 128MB RAM solutions. The 1st generation is 64MB. Primo 2 has the arrows and distances just like the Garmin.
Mine's the Gen 2. Would you mind terribly to take a camera shot of the POI list screen with the arrows? Not that I don't believe you but I just want to make sure it shows the right amount of info I'm looking for. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350