FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-12, 10:54 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LATINA2001
Guys,
I just got Fly Audio "P0S" system installed and I feel, I've been violated ! I was happy with it until I drove 15miles from the installer and statrted noticing problems'

1, Someone called and I could hear them thru BT but they couldnt hear me.
2. Driving thru the hills my FM reception was basically non existence . At this point I was begining to boil .
3. Got home the system buttons werent working or refused to take commands i.e. wouldnt switch from climate control to Nav!
4.I took my kids out to show off system during dinner run, as I was driving listening to IPOD ( Thank Heavens that works from the steering wheel ) the system for no apparent reason reboots and swithes to fm unbearable reception!

I came home and started reading the trends here and got a fewer answers but Im totally mad about dropping almost 2,000 dollars for this sh....t.

Now Question....
Apart from the fan being on top in 2nd gen units are there any otherways to tell if I got a 2nd gen of 1st ? Since i didnt install myself I have no way of knowing. The manual is very generic in my opinion .
Why cant FA just post updated wares without going thru the 3rd part vendors . Support should be accesible to all. I DONT HAVE TO EMAIL THEM FOR IT .
I have a IS 2006 - Thanks !
FlyAudio is or was a half baked product in the U.S. market. I have dealt with them to solve some of the problems with these units and it's seems like they don't know the business culture in the U.S.

Unfortunately they don't supply the customers with installation guide and even the users manual is barely understandable due to poor English skills. Lack of detailed installation guidelines are usually the cause of a lot of problems with our units after we install them for the first time. In case of your Bluetooth problem, maybe the microphone wasn't plugged in correctly. As for random reboots and switching modes, I recommend checking your firmware version. I had experienced these annoying reboots before and the recent updates fixed them.

One way to tell if yours is second Gen or not is to check the text on the sdcard cover. For the second gen units, the word "card" is written on the cover and the first gets have a different label; i think it was "A/V".

Does your passenger airbags lights on the FlyAudio unit work? Mine don't.

Last edited by NimaM; 04-21-12 at 10:57 PM. Reason: ...
Old 04-22-12, 01:01 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put back my stock unit to see if there's an airbag light, it doesn't on my 06. I think the airbag light on the unit is for 08 and up.
Old 04-24-12, 04:00 AM
LATINA2001
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NimaM
FlyAudio is or was a half baked product in the U.S. market. I have dealt with them to solve some of the problems with these units and it's seems like they don't know the business culture in the U.S.

Unfortunately they don't supply the customers with installation guide and even the users manual is barely understandable due to poor English skills. Lack of detailed installation guidelines are usually the cause of a lot of problems with our units after we install them for the first time. In case of your Bluetooth problem, maybe the microphone wasn't plugged in correctly. As for random reboots and switching modes, I recommend checking your firmware version. I had experienced these annoying reboots before and the recent updates fixed them.

One way to tell if yours is second Gen or not is to check the text on the sdcard cover. For the second gen units, the word "card" is written on the cover and the first gets have a different label; i think it was "A/V".

Does your passenger airbags lights on the FlyAudio unit work? Mine don't.
No sir the passenger airbag light doesn't come on
Old 04-24-12, 08:42 AM
nx20det
Driver School Candidate

Hi

I have a Lexus Is250 AWD and I was looking to ad a Nav system !!

I found Flyaudio system ( look great ) but work well ??? good question

after I found this thread YEAHH

After I found 136 pages ....

hahaha

no really ... what do I need to know about this system ... work well ? any big prob ?
I saw there are some update.... If I buy it now ... update will be on ?

thanks for helping me

( sorry for my english I usually speak french )
Old 05-01-12, 12:17 PM
Kumar350
Lexus Test Driver

Default Green GLow

Originally Posted by djsai
These pics are from quintmanns install..Thanks bro

How did you get the green lights?
Old 05-03-12, 06:07 PM
Kumar350
Lexus Test Driver

Default FlyAudio Help

Question about the FlyAudio unit... I know most Navi/DVD units have a feature where when you gave the car in anything but Park it doesnt play DVDs. Does the FlyAudio unit have this dis-feature or does it override it? If it doesn't override it is it easy to put install a kill switch for this??

Thanks
Old 05-03-12, 06:12 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

you're able to play dvds on it
Old 05-03-12, 06:15 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KumarBDH
Question about the FlyAudio unit... I know most Navi/DVD units have a feature where when you gave the car in anything but Park it doesnt play DVDs. Does the FlyAudio unit have this dis-feature or does it override it? If it doesn't override it is it easy to put install a kill switch for this??

Thanks
the only time you can't is when you put it in reverse.

use the search feature to help answer questions or to post in a certain section of a thread. Making a completely new thread for something that most people don't have just creates more threads all over the forum. Thank you.
Old 05-03-12, 06:33 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sffd103
the only time you can't is when you put it in reverse.
With a backup camera, the Gen 1 systems turn off audio when going into reverse.

The Gen 2 systems do not.

Both can play video/audio whether the car is moving or not. As long as you don't connect the wire labeled "brake".
Old 05-04-12, 09:44 AM
otrovago
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IceIridium
With a backup camera, the Gen 1 systems turn off audio when going into reverse.

The Gen 2 systems do not.

Both can play video/audio whether the car is moving or not. As long as you don't connect the wire labeled "brake".
That is correct +1
Old 05-04-12, 08:44 PM
Kumar350
Lexus Test Driver

Question most navi/DVD units don't allow DVD playback while in any gear but Park. Does the flyaudio unit do this or does it have a bypass? If not how hard is it to wire a kill switch?
Old 05-04-12, 08:46 PM
Kumar350
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry for the repost didn't the answer thanks for the help
Old 05-09-12, 11:08 AM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi all, for some reason my micro sd slot isn't reading. I have try to switch all file format to include FAT, FAT32, exFAT. None of then work. Please help
Old 05-09-12, 12:05 PM
otrovago
Driver School Candidate

Is it a new micro SD card, or a used card? I don't think that you need to format cards. I know this because I loaded up iGo primo on a new SD micro that I got from compusa and my unit read it with out any trouble.

Has it does this before?
Old 05-09-12, 12:18 PM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I got a new sd card format it multiple times still didn't read, what file format did you use? FAT?

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350