IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Vaistech

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-09, 02:23 PM
mattys
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vaistech

I just bought my 08 IS250 a few months ago. The AUX input has kept me satisfied thus far, but now Im looking for something for functional. I was going to go with the OEM Ipod Integration Kit, but the negative reviews on artist and album scrolling made me look at the Vaistech Unit.

I am looking at the SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi) unit http://www.vaistech.com/products/sl2vi.php

It says it can also play video from your ipod through your navigation screen. However, I have a 2008 IS250 w/ navigation (NON-Mark Levinson).. will it still play the video?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-01-09, 02:21 AM
psychosane
Rookie

yes. i also have nav non-ml and sl2vi is what i use. it can play videos off your ipod.
Old 10-01-09, 06:59 AM
Madsci625
Driver

Originally Posted by mattys
I just bought my 08 IS250 a few months ago. The AUX input has kept me satisfied thus far, but now Im looking for something for functional. I was going to go with the OEM Ipod Integration Kit, but the negative reviews on artist and album scrolling made me look at the Vaistech Unit.

I am looking at the SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi) unit http://www.vaistech.com/products/sl2vi.php

It says it can also play video from your ipod through your navigation screen. However, I have a 2008 IS250 w/ navigation (NON-Mark Levinson).. will it still play the video?

Thanks in advance.
One thing I will bring your attention to that I thought was crazy is that the Vaistech requires you to have playlists for every single folder you have on your ipod (so every album has a playlist for that album). Personally I don't have this and I'm not about to go and make literally a thousand playlists for the 70Gb of music I have. I have ML so I'm not concerned about playing video off my ipod (the DVD conversion to H.264 takes forever anyway) so I went with the DICE unit which is also significantly cheaper. The one thing that the DICE unit can do is allow you to control the ipod from either the ipod itself or using the touchscreen which can be handy if you rather use the ipod wheel. The DICE unit also does not require you to make playlists for every folder you have, though, they told me that the response time to access the folders and display them on the LCD is faster if playlists are present. I haven't noticed any significant lag. I generally just run the ipod on random anyway.

I think the DICE unit is also capable of video output though you should call them to ask. Not trying to be a DICE salesman but that was what I ended up going with because of the playlist obnoxiousness and because the DICE unit is cheaper. Just food for thought.
Old 10-01-09, 07:07 AM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

I like my SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi). You can play videos through the non ML navigation and play mp3s from your iphone / ipod. If you do the nav hack, you can then play video while the car is in motion. (not recommended, but an added bonus).

The nice thing about the unit is you will be able add xm/sat radio to your audio system.
Old 10-01-09, 08:54 AM
lilbluu
Driver

Originally Posted by Madsci625
One thing I will bring your attention to that I thought was crazy is that the Vaistech requires you to have playlists for every single folder you have on your ipod (so every album has a playlist for that album). Personally I don't have this and I'm not about to go and make literally a thousand playlists for the 70Gb of music I have. I have ML so I'm not concerned about playing video off my ipod (the DVD conversion to H.264 takes forever anyway) so I went with the DICE unit which is also significantly cheaper. The one thing that the DICE unit can do is allow you to control the ipod from either the ipod itself or using the touchscreen which can be handy if you rather use the ipod wheel. The DICE unit also does not require you to make playlists for every folder you have, though, they told me that the response time to access the folders and display them on the LCD is faster if playlists are present. I haven't noticed any significant lag. I generally just run the ipod on random anyway.

I think the DICE unit is also capable of video output though you should call them to ask. Not trying to be a DICE salesman but that was what I ended up going with because of the playlist obnoxiousness and because the DICE unit is cheaper. Just food for thought.
link to dice?