IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Any ISX50 owners into RC Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-09, 10:20 AM
JVT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any ISX50 owners into RC Cars?

I used to be into RC (remote control) car racing; quit the hobby along with many other hobbies after my daughter was born. No regrets of course.

This was my last RC project, my 64 Mini Cooper w/custom roll cage, wheels, coilover suspension, etc...I actually replicated my RC car with my "real" Mini Cooper track car.

If you are into RC Cars, post some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Any ISX50 owners into RC Cars?-rc-mini.jpg  
Old 09-30-09, 11:19 AM
snoopee220
Driver School Candidate

Man I use to love to play with my RCs, still have a few. Took up too much time, stopped at the wrong time. They opened up a RC store on Union City BLVD that has a track out back. Nice job on the mini
Old 09-30-09, 11:19 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

nice Joe~~that Mini is CLEAN~~!!! but also looks AGGRESSIVE
Old 09-30-09, 11:31 AM
JVT
Lead Lap

Thanks fellez!! I'll try to post side and front pics later this week. It's drop to the ground...with super aggressive wheel setup. And good news, it doesn't rub. LOL

I just posted because my euro car buddies and I used to race electric/nitro cars at Shoreline Amphitheatre (in Mtn. View)...for those who live in Nor Cal, its just 3 blocks from Google HQ. It was a blast...so I thought I can invite some ISX50 rc owners to join us one of these days.
Old 09-30-09, 11:44 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

I built an RC racer a few years back, it was fun as heck but it became an expensive hobby that I never did much with so I gave it up. I've been thinking about building another one but dont really have the time.
Old 09-30-09, 01:19 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

when i was 15
Old 09-30-09, 01:22 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iialcii
when i was 15
I'm not talking about Toys"R"Us RC cars.
Old 09-30-09, 03:11 PM
ennjay
Rookie

I'm slowly getting back from retiring the RC scene years ago. I used to own half a dozen on road cars both Electric and Nitro. Every weekend I would shoot up to SocalRC raceway to race in the Mod class. Those were fun days up until they closed down. I eventually sold off all my gear. I recently found out a local hobby shop near where I live (san diego) opens up the parking lot on the weekend for racing.

I plan on getting back into this hobby soon. Sure was fun. I used to own the HPI Nitro, HPI Racer, Racer 2, Nitro TC3, Electric TC3, Tamiyah FWD FFAO2, Traxxas Stampead, HPI Micro, Duratrax Mini, Xray M10.
Old 09-30-09, 03:57 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Joe, very impressive with the aggressiviness on that MINI. I used to be all over the RC scene until i started my own business. I remember i had a 911 Porsche built up all sick and i had to let it go cause i didnt have time to attend anymore races. lolz.. SOrry no pics to show
Old 09-30-09, 04:09 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

i have a tamiya ta-05 i use for drifting every now and then. a few upgrades here and there

Old 09-30-09, 04:21 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ennjay
I'm slowly getting back from retiring the RC scene years ago. I used to own half a dozen on road cars both Electric and Nitro. Every weekend I would shoot up to SocalRC raceway to race in the Mod class. Those were fun days up until they closed down. I eventually sold off all my gear. I recently found out a local hobby shop near where I live (san diego) opens up the parking lot on the weekend for racing.

I plan on getting back into this hobby soon. Sure was fun. I used to own the HPI Nitro, HPI Racer, Racer 2, Nitro TC3, Electric TC3, Tamiyah FWD FFAO2, Traxxas Stampead, HPI Micro, Duratrax Mini, Xray M10.
WOW!! You got some expensive collection of RC cars. I thought I was going nuts buying 3 Mugen Nitros, and 1 (MTX3) is still in the box (new).

I don't have the time either, but seeing them collecting dust is killing me so my friends and I are trying to get back in RC racing as well.

Nitros are hell of fun to run...and smelling the gas is even better. LOL

Originally Posted by Phil888
Wow Joe, very impressive with the aggressiviness on that MINI. I used to be all over the RC scene until i started my own business. I remember i had a 911 Porsche built up all sick and i had to let it go cause i didnt have time to attend anymore races. lolz.. SOrry no pics to show
Thanks bro!! Great to know you were into RC racing too. I can't find the time to get back into the hobby as well. Its been over 8 years since I fired up any of my Nitro cars. But I gotta get back into it; invested too much time and money for them to be sitting around.

Saw pics of your ride in front of Brembo booth...looking good as always! Let me know if you decide to sell your wheels. hahaha
Old 09-30-09, 06:21 PM
josephx66
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my traxxas slash that i beat the hell out of! great truck that never broke. I ran a brushless setup in it and had it going around 45mph
Attached Thumbnails Any ISX50 owners into RC Cars?-dsc_0660.jpg  
Old 09-30-09, 06:33 PM
Idrinor
Driver School Candidate

HPI Baja 5B for me
Old 09-30-09, 08:20 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

is there one with an IS shell?

where can i look at these i wanted to get one just to play with
Old 10-01-09, 09:13 AM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive always wanted to get one to drift but the ones i found online they cost some serious $$$...

Quick Reply: Any ISX50 owners into RC Cars?