IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What inspired you to buy an ISX50?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-09, 03:49 AM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exterior & interior design, 3.5 engine, graphite wheels, and last but not least the features: SmartAccess, push button start/stop, ventilated seats, dimming in/out mirrors, iPod aux, HID w/ AFS, LED tails. That's about it. It's sooo much more car than what my IS300 was!
Old 09-11-09, 03:57 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by avincent
I commute 85 miles per day so I was looking for a vehicle that handles real well, has a little bit of power, looks great and gets good gas mileage. From a power perspective, I would have preferred the IS350, but for the amount of driving I do, I needed to consider fuel economy.
+1 avincent, you used great common sense and sounds like you know what real value is !!
Old 09-11-09, 03:39 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didnt want it at first I wanted a 53-54 bagged chop top chevy 2 door and found one and was gonna go to texas and pick it up before I got a chance my brother worked at lexus and asked me to bring him lunch and got me to test drive it and swindled my money from me and I went home with an IS
Old 09-11-09, 03:45 PM
Edz71
Rookie

My 99 E39 was killing me on repairs and it was time for something new. I was looking at the new 323i but the sales rep was a complete goof so I drove drown the street to go home and saw the Lexus dealership and just pulled in. Twenty minutes later I'm booting a 6smt 250 down Young street and I was sold.
Old 09-11-09, 03:57 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just a freshman in college at the time ('06) and I was at a pedestrian crossing, and I saw a white IS 350 do full WOT once the light hit green, and I was sold.

To clarify, the power piqued my interest first, but then I realized "wow this is a lexus, so that thing's gotta be reliable"

I loved the look from the rear, nice aggressive wide body plus tail lights looked pretty sleek.

When the BMW 335i came around, I added that to my consideration. G37 was the final car that I added to my "potentials"

with merc the only thing I really would've been interested in is the c63 AMG but that was out of my price range.

anyways, weighed the options and realized the IS 350 fits my needs perfectly. i like the aesthetics, love the power, and most importantly it's going to last me through medical school and my **** pay during residency

couldn't deal with 335i maintenance.

purchased an '09 IS 350 and never looked back, terrific machine.
Old 09-11-09, 04:16 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had an '07 tacoma access cab trd off road with a lift and 33's. i loved that truck it was my first car. i hated driving people around so i put the seats down flat in the back and put 2 12's on em. gave me the perfect excuse to ride with other people figuring the 15mpg. i had a ton of electrical problems with it. my idler pulley went out. rear drums went out. leaf springs got f***ed but all of it was recalls that i never got(go figure) the last straw was having my fuel injectors fuses blew. dealer pulled some bs that it was cause of my amp. btw i had it in there for about a year without one fuse box problem what so ever. it left me stranded for hours at 1230 at night. i got towed to the dealership at 630am went back at 8am to sign it in. picked it up at 11am. went to the dealer i bought the truck at, i got there about 230. i was looking at the camarys. nice car priced well and good gas milage. saw an '07 mrm is350 sitting next to a bmw 328i so i walked over. i wasnt planning on getting a used car. but i really wanted to test drive it. the thing was amazing. the handling. it was so smooth. the power was unbelievable. the seats felt way better than my truck and the interior is awesome. i got back to the dealer and i walked over to the bimmer and sat in it for about 2secs got back out and said i wanted the IS. the price of the IS was too good to pass up. 26k, i got home at about 5pm with my IS and have never been happier
Old 09-11-09, 04:33 PM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Lexus reliability, quicker and better MPG than my 99 GS4.
Old 09-11-09, 06:15 PM
yOyOYoo
Rookie

I needed to replace my Honda Accord. The only vehicles I considered and liked were the BMW 328 coupe and the IS250. I knew I wanted to buy a new car. The cheapest BMW new I could find was almost $40,000. When did the 3 series get so freakin expensive?!? I found a brand new 2009 IS250 for under $30,000.

Everyone keeps saying BMWs have poor reliability, but damn they look good, especially the coupes.
Old 09-12-09, 05:47 AM
Edz71
Rookie

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I needed to replace my Honda Accord. The only vehicles I considered and liked were the BMW 328 coupe and the IS250. I knew I wanted to buy a new car. The cheapest BMW new I could find was almost $40,000. When did the 3 series get so freakin expensive?!? I found a brand new 2009 IS250 for under $30,000.

Everyone keeps saying BMWs have poor reliability, but damn they look good, especially the coupes.
IMO,.. BMW is poor in reliability after the 150k mark. My biggest complaint with BMW is the dealership's they act as if it's our privilege to drive one of their cars. I remember telling the sales rep this *** backwards way of dealing with existing and potential new clients to the brand will fail; it's my belief that the any manufacture should be privileged to have us as a client because we all are a part of the bottom line. Point made when I bought a Lexus.

Maybe I just don't get it.............
Old 09-12-09, 06:21 AM
Likwid XTC
Lead Lap

i had a 02 is300 modded loved it, very safe cause i got in a few accidents with it. reliable etc bought a s2000 and modded it and it was my speed/good weather car. as fall hits i realize damn it sucks to have 2 rwd cars in northeast, sold the IS300 and went to the dealership was looking at used rx 350 but for the pricei looked at the is250 awd and picked up an 08 new in the color i wanted like all my cars, white with tan interior and never looked it back
Old 09-12-09, 08:02 AM
kbkura
Driver

Was just coming out of college and heading to med school (so I had tons of loans to look forward to). My parents were being very kind and helping me purchase a car for the long term / graduation present / birthday present / congrats on getting into med school present. Found an amazing deal on a barely used (4,200 mi) IS250 MT that was fully loaded... didn't look back and am as happy as bear with honey!
Old 09-12-09, 08:43 AM
NCLexi250
Pole Position

Hi guys,

I'm John, and I'm new here and I'm a self-confessed Lexus maniac.. I had a 2000 GS400 couple of years back. The Lexus reliability and amazing speed, coming from my previous 1999 Mazda Protege ES, was absolutely staggering.. Man, I loved that car with a passion.

Unfortunately, driving my rear wheel drive Lexus through the icy roads of NC one evening, a few months ago, caused my car to lose control and slam head on into a concrete center divider. It was THE worst night of my life. No collision coverage and worse, car was a utter MESS. Suddenly all the mods I put into my beloved GS; springs, struts, SRT intake w/ race ecu didn't matter much anymore. My love for my car was dissappearing along with the problems after the crash.

Fast forward a few weeks ago, I went into the dealership to see how much I could get for my old car. The guy, Jay, at the dealership was awesome and gave me a great trade in on a 2006 IS250 awd. Ofcourse, the power on the new car doesn't even compare to that of the GS's with mods. But other things such as the NAV, backup camera, 13 speakers, handling in bad weather, and most of all styling of the IS won me over quickly.

After looking at Honda's , BMW's, and even Infiniti.. Lexus won me over with excellent service, a good trade in, and most importantly.. an awesome car! Get many compliments on its styling.

Peace!
Old 03-04-10, 07:18 AM
AKFORTY7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Edz71
My 99 E39 was killing me on repairs and it was time for something new. I was looking at the new 323i but the sales rep was a complete goof so I drove drown the street to go home and saw the Lexus dealership and just pulled in. Twenty minutes later I'm booting a 6smt 250 down Young street and I was sold.
im in toronto too. i would assume you're talking about Parview BMW on Leslie? I went there the other night to checkout the 3's and yes the sales people at BMW are just d!!cks, im a young visible minority and because i didnt dress or look a certain way the sales people just ignored me, i left n i checked out Lexus On Park just down the road and i had no regrets!

Last edited by AKFORTY7; 03-04-10 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-04-10, 08:28 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

I bought mines bec it is the best bang for my $...
Old 03-04-10, 08:46 AM
amoney805
Pole Position

I needed a 4 door so I traded in my G37s coupe. Its one of the best looking 4 doors on the road imo.

Quick Reply: What inspired you to buy an ISX50?