Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm....the first one on the far left ?
Old 03-04-12, 02:15 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexusNN
The 4th one is the RX, the seconds looks like the GS. Which one is the IS?
The first from right!
Old 03-04-12, 02:15 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

naaa too low/long, might be the RX,

I think its the one to the upper right of that one
Old 03-04-12, 03:39 PM
01ES300NYC
Pole Position

it would have to be the first from the left. second one is for the rx 3rd is the gs and last is lx
but it might not be any of those......

Last edited by 01ES300NYC; 03-04-12 at 03:40 PM. Reason: more txt
Old 03-27-12, 07:27 AM
itruns
Driver

[QUOTE=Kurtz;6993451]I'd again suggest looking to the GS for clues.

The car will likely have the same joystick-type nav system, which while lightyears ahead of say the 06-09 2IS one, still cripples itself when the car is in Drive and still lacks a number of features a $150 Garmin offers.

Telematics (audio, nav, etc) is one area Lexus is way behind even much cheaper competitors... the Sync system in Fords 1/2 the price of an IS is lightyears better.

Hey Kurtz, I had some time lately in a 4gs with the latest Telematics and it is quite a bit different than the previous systems, but not so much time with the Sync, ( Microsoft has withdrawn the partnership from Ford saying they messed up the product so bad it makes them look bad.... oh yeah and I bet Ford invented the BSOD as well) I keep finding more and more advanced capibilties with the 4GS... what does sync do that Lexus does not now? Or A Garmin nowadays?....

Besides the no entry while driving... that the Gov is voting on currently anyway... Lexus/Toyota Lawyers are very conservitive..
Old 03-27-12, 07:52 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Looking back at this forum its funny how everyone thought 2010 & 2011 was going to be the year the new IS would come out...Guess not. lol
Old 03-27-12, 11:05 AM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Seriously, they need to hurry up so I can trade in my 2008 model and get the 3IS Otherwise, I'm just going to have to please the wife and get the RX until we can afford to have two new cars...
Old 03-27-12, 01:25 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by itruns
I'd again suggest looking to the GS for clues.

The car will likely have the same joystick-type nav system, which while lightyears ahead of say the 06-09 2IS one, still cripples itself when the car is in Drive and still lacks a number of features a $150 Garmin offers.

Telematics (audio, nav, etc) is one area Lexus is way behind even much cheaper competitors... the Sync system in Fords 1/2 the price of an IS is lightyears better.

Hey Kurtz, I had some time lately in a 4gs with the latest Telematics and it is quite a bit different than the previous systems, but not so much time with the Sync, ( Microsoft has withdrawn the partnership from Ford saying they messed up the product so bad it makes them look bad.... oh yeah and I bet Ford invented the BSOD as well) I keep finding more and more advanced capibilties with the 4GS... what does sync do that Lexus does not now? Or A Garmin nowadays?....

Besides the no entry while driving... that the Gov is voting on currently anyway... Lexus/Toyota Lawyers are very conservitive..
Its called Remote Touch
Old 03-27-12, 10:32 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

The above pic with all the grilles looks like a bunch of alien bugs eating with lobster bibs on. Silly and not too becoming of elegance or grace. If they've shown one, they've shown all. Fortunately when these faces debut in the light of day, most of the exaggerated and highlighted trim shapes will be lost in the sheetmetal and body design.
Old 03-28-12, 09:12 AM
itruns
Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Its called Remote Touch
That was my reply to Kurtz..... Don't know why it didn't "Quote" correctly...
Old 03-28-12, 10:26 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

To answer you BTW- stuff Sync does:

Indexes your music, podcasts, and audiobooks, and lets you sort by that, or even play via voice command by that, from music player, phone, USB drive, or SD card.

Radio tuning via Voice as well

Stream pandora and even control it via Voice commands

Integration of twitter, iheartradio, and other apps, handsfree

HD radio support, and tagging of songs both here and from XM/Sirius to your ipod/phone.

RCA jacks for plugging in your own AV hardware

Some DVR functionality for SAT radio

Send your planned-on-a-desktop-PC route to your car nav

Local gas prices, movie listings, sports scores, updated stock reports, etc...

Personalization of traffic data

Reads your incoming text messages to you aloud, even lets you respond via a list of preset replies via voice.

Can turn your car into a mobile hotspot via a cell modem or smartphone

Here's a really fun one- Logmein. You can remote into your home PC from your car using Sync.

The new GS system will do SOME of the above, certainly not all of it though, and you'll be paying for it since it'll require an Enform subscription...

Disclaimer: I've not done a super detailed in person comparison of the two systems, especially since I don't know anyone willing to lend me a 2013 GS for a week for free, but Lexus has been pretty traditionally behind the cutting edge on telematics and the at-a-glance features on the GS don't look like they've done much more than catch up to where others were a few years ago, much like the 2010 refresh on the 2IS, which caught up to where Infiniti and others were in 2006/7.
Old 03-28-12, 01:13 PM
itruns
Driver

Originally Posted by Kurtz
To answer you BTW- stuff Sync does:

Indexes your music, podcasts, and audiobooks, and lets you sort by that, or even play via voice command by that, from music player, phone, USB drive, or SD card.
(2013 GS does all your music including album art from smart devices... don’t know about sd card or audio books)

Radio tuning via Voice as well..
(to some degree, I think it needs work)

Stream pandora and even control it via Voice commands
(yes, one of the 8 current apps)

Integration of twitter, iheartradio, and other apps, handsfree
(yes, currently 8/12 apps and more to come)

HD radio support, and tagging of songs both here and from XM/Sirius to your ipod/phone.
(from HD radio for sure, do not know about from XM)

RCA jacks for plugging in your own AV hardware..
(no RCA jacks but even the base system plays DVD in HD and 5.1 surround sound) should be easy to add or I might have missed it

Some DVR functionality for SAT radio
(do not think so)

Send your planned-on-a-desktop-PC route to your car nav
..(yep e-destination since 2010)

Local gas prices, movie listings, sports scores, updated stock reports, etc...
(yes, he first 2, including buying tickets, 2013, the last 2 since 2010)

Personalization of traffic data (hemm, can you provide more details?)

Reads your incoming text messages to you aloud, even lets you respond via a list of preset replies via voice.
(yes, although both Ford and Lexus are having problems with this so far, and so far no Iphones as Apple does not currently support "messageing application protocol”)

Can turn your car into a mobile hotspot via a cell modem or smartphone
(Lexus uses an app on the smartphone for this like Ford does, but I'm not sure about a cell modem)

Here's a really fun one- Logmein. You can remote into your home PC from your car using Sync.
( I do not think Lexus does this... yet)

The new GS system will do SOME of the above, certainly not all of it though, and you'll be paying for it since it'll require an Enform subscription...
(at this time, for some of it, after the first year, you will need an Enform script, but not for all of it and even that is subject to change…)

Disclaimer: I've not done a super detailed in person comparison of the two systems, especially since I don't know anyone willing to lend me a 2013 GS for a week for free, but Lexus has been pretty traditionally behind the cutting edge on telematics and the at-a-glance features on the GS don't look like they've done much more than catch up to where others were a few years ago, much like the 2010 refresh on the 2IS, which caught up to where Infiniti and others were in 2006/7.
Lexus new tag line is “from this car forward”. With Mr.Toyoda in the drivers seat you should see many changes. Lexus is doing dual integration… both with Apple and Microsoft hopefully to get the best of both worlds, and with the current reported problems of Sync… and with Microsoft supposedly dropping the partnership… I wonder where that leaves Ford?

The thing I like the best… if you bought a 2008 Lexus, you have what Lexus offered in 2008. As they offload more onto the cell phones, as cell phone progresses the car should be able to as well.

Also not a pro on this stuff, but recently spent a few good days with the new GS…
Old 03-28-12, 01:30 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by itruns
Lexus new tag line is “from this car forward”. With Mr.Toyoda in the drivers seat you should see many changes. Lexus is doing dual integration… both with Apple and Microsoft hopefully to get the best of both worlds, and with the current reported problems of Sync… and with Microsoft supposedly dropping the partnership… I wonder where that leaves Ford?

The thing I like the best… if you bought a 2008 Lexus, you have what Lexus offered in 2008. As they offload more onto the cell phones, as cell phone progresses the car should be able to as well.

Also not a pro on this stuff, but recently spent a few good days with the new GS…
So it sounds like the GS gets about 80% or so of the functionality, but will charge you for some of it (the enform fees)...

I'm curious about your comments on Microsoft withdrawing from Fords partnership... this is still at microsoft.com-
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembe...otainment.aspx

This story from just last week mentions rolling out new stuff for the 2013 modlels with nothing bout it ending-
http://www.4-traders.com/MICROSOFT-C...ouch-14227348/
Old 04-03-12, 12:48 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Supposebly the upcoming celica which I doubt will happen

more can be seen here http://sportcar5.blogspot.com/2011/0...oncept-ii.html

much like the supra didnt happen but we got the lfa so i'm not complaining but this wouldve been pretty sweet

Ya I am sooo happy they made the lFA, Especially since they made it SO affordable. Nice car, but could not give a **** since it costs more than twice my house.
Old 04-13-12, 02:26 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Another Rendering

I have a friend who reads and speaks Japanese translate some of it. It reads reads right to left and there is a part missing, so it begins awkwardly.

".... became a tapered rear end. but those wild ambitions will be inherited by the next model. it looks like this concept maintains the same old design, but its riding on the newest platform, and it now features the aforementioned 2.5L hybrid 4 also used in the new Crown as well as refined versions of the 2.5L and 3.5L V6s. its the base noel of the IS-F detailed earlier in this issue, so there should be no worries about the rigidity of the body or chassis. since its rival, the BMW 3 Series, features a wagon variant, this new model will add a sports wagon body style to the lineup. With the coupe and convertible there will be four styles total. it looks like the new wagon model will be dedicated to the hybrid technology, and it will serve to help Lexus's brand image. if the new IS isn't a a hit, then the entire Lexus brand won't be able to rise above [its competitors]. For that reason the new model..."

Top of the page says Feb. 2013 Debut

Last edited by Hoovey689; 04-13-12 at 02:52 PM.

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen IS speculation thread