Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

★★★★★ Official Air Ride Thread ★★★★★

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-13, 11:10 AM   #991
fknISC808
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
fknISC808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,774
mrbowman808 KngKamehameha808 mrbowman808
Send a message via AIM to fknISC808 Send a message via Yahoo to fknISC808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyarms View Post
Damn! Thanks for the info, I actually get these Megan UCAs in the mail today... I may have to just cut a hole in the top of the fender, because I want to get some really aggressive wheels and still be able to bag all the way down. :/ hmm.. Guess its good I held off on ordering the wheels then.
Your welcome, I was warned about it too, but I said screw it and still installed my set. I want to cut the fender but I want a second opinion first. I'll let you know what I decide. btw, your car is on point! loving the whole thing
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
| 2k10 IS250C | Deep Matte Blue | Lux + Nav | Air Runner | AccuAir | ViAir 444c | Dakota Digital | TunedParts Rigid Bar | Megan |
| Work Meisters S1R BBF | Nokya 2500k | V-Led DRL's | V-Led Parking Lights | V-Led Dome/Puddle Lights | Junction Produce |

My Build Thread:fknISC808's Comback Build

fknISC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 11:26 AM   #992
quick123
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
quick123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 1,284
Default

Wow...glad I didn't order those, as that was next on my list. Today I will be either modifying the front bumper tab or completely relocating it, and then I will be able to see what is holding me back from tucking the fronts. I don't think I will need too much camber in the front, but the rear does...

Loving the rear fknISC808!!!
__________________
2006 IS350 - SGM w/ Black, Luxury Package, NAV w/ ML, 19" FIVE:AD S5:F or 19" AME TM-02 - depends on my mood , Ksport air shocks, Accuair e-level & i-level, FIVE:AD front lip, GFX sides, MyRide diffuser, Wald rep spoiler, K&N filter w/ JoeZ intake, PPE headers, JoeZ PTS full race exhaust, EBC redstuff pads, Power Slot rotors, F-Sport sways, Megan arms, ISF tails, CF engine covers, Cusco brace, Amsoil, Motul...
quick123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 11:53 AM   #993
fknISC808
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
fknISC808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,774
mrbowman808 KngKamehameha808 mrbowman808
Send a message via AIM to fknISC808 Send a message via Yahoo to fknISC808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick123 View Post
Wow...glad I didn't order those, as that was next on my list. Today I will be either modifying the front bumper tab or completely relocating it, and then I will be able to see what is holding me back from tucking the fronts. I don't think I will need too much camber in the front, but the rear does...

Loving the rear fknISC808!!!
Thanks bro, relocating the tab will do you good unlike me, I completely tore mine off with my tire. What size are your wheels and what tires are you running? I ran a 19x9 +20 with 215/35 and it tucked the fronts without camber kit up front. For the rear, All you need is part #MRS-LX-0311 but id recommend to get #MRS-LX-0321 also.
__________________
| 2k10 IS250C | Deep Matte Blue | Lux + Nav | Air Runner | AccuAir | ViAir 444c | Dakota Digital | TunedParts Rigid Bar | Megan |
| Work Meisters S1R BBF | Nokya 2500k | V-Led DRL's | V-Led Parking Lights | V-Led Dome/Puddle Lights | Junction Produce |

My Build Thread:fknISC808's Comback Build


Last edited by fknISC808; 06-06-13 at 11:57 AM..
fknISC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 12:04 PM   #994
heyarms
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoTX
Posts: 2,629
Heyarms
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fknISC808 View Post
Your welcome, I was warned about it too, but I said screw it and still installed my set. I want to cut the fender but I want a second opinion first. I'll let you know what I decide. btw, your car is on point! loving the whole thing
Thanks, I will let you know if i figure anything out, but it sounds like cutting a hole is only solution... I'm not opposed to it as long as the fender is still going to be strong enough to hold the upper suspension mount. I really want to run these, full negative, and still bag down all the way... only way i can run offsets I'm shooting for... So i want to make these work!
__________________
BAGGED, BOOSTED & W I D E B O D I E D
AIMGAIN | WALD | SEIBON | PPE HEADERS & HFC | JOEZ RACING EXHAUST
LMS SUPERCHARGED | KSPORT | ACCUAIR | WORK VSXX | ROTORA BBK
PLX | STAGE 2 METH | STATUS RACING SPONSORED
heyarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 02:06 PM   #995
quick123
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
quick123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 1,284
Default

I am running a 19x9.5 +22 with a 225/35...when I roll the fronts and relocate the tab, I should be able to tuck with natural camber once I move everything out of the tire's way...we shall see in a few hours
__________________
2006 IS350 - SGM w/ Black, Luxury Package, NAV w/ ML, 19" FIVE:AD S5:F or 19" AME TM-02 - depends on my mood , Ksport air shocks, Accuair e-level & i-level, FIVE:AD front lip, GFX sides, MyRide diffuser, Wald rep spoiler, K&N filter w/ JoeZ intake, PPE headers, JoeZ PTS full race exhaust, EBC redstuff pads, Power Slot rotors, F-Sport sways, Megan arms, ISF tails, CF engine covers, Cusco brace, Amsoil, Motul...
quick123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 02:17 PM   #996
Silec
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (9)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 620
specc00 specc87
Default

I like the Megan uca but I picked up the spc camber kit and installed it before Megan's came out with it. Theyre good so far, I'm at full negative camber or as much as it will give me and it been good so far and can air out completely.


Adam: what offset are you shooting for?
__________________
Silec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 03:15 PM   #997
heyarms
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoTX
Posts: 2,629
Heyarms
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silec View Post
I like the Megan uca but I picked up the spc camber kit and installed it before Megan's came out with it. Theyre good so far, I'm at full negative camber or as much as it will give me and it been good so far and can air out completely.


Adam: what offset are you shooting for?
Hmm interesting...

Shooting for 19x9+6, 11+15. Don't ask why my stagger is 2" difference haha
__________________
BAGGED, BOOSTED & W I D E B O D I E D
AIMGAIN | WALD | SEIBON | PPE HEADERS & HFC | JOEZ RACING EXHAUST
LMS SUPERCHARGED | KSPORT | ACCUAIR | WORK VSXX | ROTORA BBK
PLX | STAGE 2 METH | STATUS RACING SPONSORED
heyarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 04:00 PM   #998
fknISC808
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
fknISC808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,774
mrbowman808 KngKamehameha808 mrbowman808
Send a message via AIM to fknISC808 Send a message via Yahoo to fknISC808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick123 View Post
I am running a 19x9.5 +22 with a 225/35...when I roll the fronts and relocate the tab, I should be able to tuck with natural camber once I move everything out of the tire's way...we shall see in a few hours
That should work itll look clean when your finished

Adam, you'll be fine once you figure out your camber dilemma. Im working with 9.5 +12 fronts and 10.5 +10 rears.
__________________
| 2k10 IS250C | Deep Matte Blue | Lux + Nav | Air Runner | AccuAir | ViAir 444c | Dakota Digital | TunedParts Rigid Bar | Megan |
| Work Meisters S1R BBF | Nokya 2500k | V-Led DRL's | V-Led Parking Lights | V-Led Dome/Puddle Lights | Junction Produce |

My Build Thread:fknISC808's Comback Build

fknISC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-13, 09:34 AM   #999
akayaaa
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 45
Default

Hello, was wondering if anyone is kind enough to show me their trunk setup. I'm waiting to install, but I wanted to do some research on where to put things in my trunk.
akayaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-13, 02:30 PM   #1000
ShawnD
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
ShawnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lake Highlands, TX
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayaaa View Post
Hello, was wondering if anyone is kind enough to show me their trunk setup. I'm waiting to install, but I wanted to do some research on where to put things in my trunk.
Check out the VIP section; there is a thread dedicated to trunk setups.
__________________
#TEAM1G1
2006 IS350 RWD
2010 RX350 FWD
ShawnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-13, 08:02 PM   #1001
akayaaa
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnD View Post
Check out the VIP section; there is a thread dedicated to trunk setups.
Thank you! I will do that
akayaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 06:30 AM   #1002
quick123
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
quick123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 1,284
Default

I will oblige with some pics

I had the tank custom painted (first pic), but it gets a little lost in the trunk now with everything mounted, so I will be installing a hidden light strip behind the tank for showing off...still a bit crude, but you can get the idea.
Attached Images
  
__________________
2006 IS350 - SGM w/ Black, Luxury Package, NAV w/ ML, 19" FIVE:AD S5:F or 19" AME TM-02 - depends on my mood , Ksport air shocks, Accuair e-level & i-level, FIVE:AD front lip, GFX sides, MyRide diffuser, Wald rep spoiler, K&N filter w/ JoeZ intake, PPE headers, JoeZ PTS full race exhaust, EBC redstuff pads, Power Slot rotors, F-Sport sways, Megan arms, ISF tails, CF engine covers, Cusco brace, Amsoil, Motul...
quick123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 07:04 AM   #1003
heyarms
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoTX
Posts: 2,629
Heyarms
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick123 View Post
I will oblige with some pics

I had the tank custom painted (first pic), but it gets a little lost in the trunk now with everything mounted, so I will be installing a hidden light strip behind the tank for showing off...still a bit crude, but you can get the idea.
Cool tank, something different for sure.

Did you install the accuair? And do you know if you can use smaller air lines (I know bigger are better/faster), because I think I have 1/4" ran to all corners currently, looks like you have bigger than that.
__________________
BAGGED, BOOSTED & W I D E B O D I E D
AIMGAIN | WALD | SEIBON | PPE HEADERS & HFC | JOEZ RACING EXHAUST
LMS SUPERCHARGED | KSPORT | ACCUAIR | WORK VSXX | ROTORA BBK
PLX | STAGE 2 METH | STATUS RACING SPONSORED
heyarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 07:21 AM   #1004
quick123
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
quick123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 1,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyarms View Post
Cool tank, something different for sure.

Did you install the accuair? And do you know if you can use smaller air lines (I know bigger are better/faster), because I think I have 1/4" ran to all corners currently, looks like you have bigger than that.
Thanks...I did the install, and yes there was a little panic when I noticed the 3/8" Accuair lines and the 1/4" Ksport fittings. I first tried to change the fittings on the air shocks, but couldn't find the right fittings anywhere, so I kept the fittings the same and ran the smaller lines into the trunk/engine compartment (easier with the smaller line anyways), and then used a connector and ran the larger line back to the tank. You have to use the 3/8" lines on the AU4 valve body.

I have had no issues at all, and it still goes up and down fast...when you change to Accuair, it will be an easy swap with the lines...the only real hard part was where to mount the rear height sensors, that was a pain...
__________________
2006 IS350 - SGM w/ Black, Luxury Package, NAV w/ ML, 19" FIVE:AD S5:F or 19" AME TM-02 - depends on my mood , Ksport air shocks, Accuair e-level & i-level, FIVE:AD front lip, GFX sides, MyRide diffuser, Wald rep spoiler, K&N filter w/ JoeZ intake, PPE headers, JoeZ PTS full race exhaust, EBC redstuff pads, Power Slot rotors, F-Sport sways, Megan arms, ISF tails, CF engine covers, Cusco brace, Amsoil, Motul...
quick123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 08:21 AM   #1005
heyarms
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoTX
Posts: 2,629
Heyarms
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick123 View Post
Thanks...I did the install, and yes there was a little panic when I noticed the 3/8" Accuair lines and the 1/4" Ksport fittings. I first tried to change the fittings on the air shocks, but couldn't find the right fittings anywhere, so I kept the fittings the same and ran the smaller lines into the trunk/engine compartment (easier with the smaller line anyways), and then used a connector and ran the larger line back to the tank. You have to use the 3/8" lines on the AU4 valve body.

I have had no issues at all, and it still goes up and down fast...when you change to Accuair, it will be an easy swap with the lines...the only real hard part was where to mount the rear height sensors, that was a pain...
Cool thanks for the info man Still hoping to get some E-level in my life this summer. Maybe when i sell my wheels
__________________
BAGGED, BOOSTED & W I D E B O D I E D
AIMGAIN | WALD | SEIBON | PPE HEADERS & HFC | JOEZ RACING EXHAUST
LMS SUPERCHARGED | KSPORT | ACCUAIR | WORK VSXX | ROTORA BBK
PLX | STAGE 2 METH | STATUS RACING SPONSORED
heyarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 08:21 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
★★★★★ Official Vossen Owners Thread ★★★★★ IAMJAVEDG IS - Second Generation 1184 12-06-14 06:12 PM
★★★★★ Official Work Owners Thread ★★★★★ isam250 IS - Second Generation 863 10-06-14 08:09 PM
★★★★★ Official Avant Garde Owners Club ★★★★★ GetUrWheel IS - Second Generation 23 05-26-14 07:37 AM
★★★★★ Official Concavo Owners Thread ★★★★★ MIA_LEX IS - Second Generation 36 09-30-13 12:29 PM
★★★★★ Official 4GS Concavo Owners Thread ★★★★★ D.Jobin GS - Fourth Generation 8 04-02-13 05:57 PM


Tags
250, 470, air, buy, club, clublexus, group, kits, lexus, nmpeter, ride, rubbin, sport, sticking, suspension, thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:02 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info