IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

new shoes !! opinions please...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-09, 05:03 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh another thing.. wats the quality on these wheels tho?? if i were to get these...
Old 03-31-09, 05:16 PM
WheelDude.com
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by L-S-D
oh another thing.. wats the quality on these wheels tho?? if i were to get these...
quality is top notch.

We have a warranty against manufactures defects and we are based in the United States so if you ever have an issue you would be dealing with us directly

I've had these on my car for a while now and have gotten nothing but compliments.

They may not be very popular on the Lexus forums yet, but they are super popular on the BMW forums and people have been very pleased with them. If you want to question the quality of the wheels, you can check out those forums and see how please EVERYONE who purchases these wheels are

Zoeb
Old 03-31-09, 05:33 PM
PMok
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com
Linea Corse is not owned by Rota, I'm not sure where you got that from.

I am the global distributor for Linea Corse wheels, any dealer or individual who wants Linea Corse wheels has to go through me.

Rota is a total different company....Rota wheels are sold through cosmic marketing corporation....try calling Rota USA and asking about Rota wheels, you will get this: "Call Zoeb @ Linea Corse wheels - 510.304.7554"

Linea Corse wheels are sold through LTC Distribution.

Just trying to clear up some misinformation.
maybe Linea Corse isn't owned by Rota, but their wheels are made in the same factory in the Philippines right? The fact that they are distributed through differently named companies doesn't mean a whole lot.

If you go to Rota's site, they link directly to Linea Corse site on their front page. So they are affiliated in some way, if not directly owned... maybe they have the same parent company? I'm not trying to discredit either brand at all, but if you have further information to clear up any misinformation we are all ears.
http://www.rotawheels.com/
Old 03-31-09, 05:38 PM
redline201
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the price you cant beat it. id rock em if i liked the t1s.
Old 03-31-09, 06:07 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

these wheels are made in the philipines... ???
Old 03-31-09, 06:30 PM
redline201
Lexus Test Driver

heres some more info
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nea-corsa.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...is250-6mt.html

Last edited by redline201; 03-31-09 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-31-09, 06:40 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

I'd say go for it. Those wheels look great, and just like the other person said, the T1S copied off of HRE wheels (i didn't know that), so does that maket he T1S a rep too? Go with what you like, to me, I'm really not into brand names on wheels like most people, i just go with what looks good and what I like. I was going to order these too, but I have to wait a bit, got some other stuff to take care of first. But yeah, they are nice, lots of bimmer guys have linea corse wheels, and the feedback's been great. And these will look great on white cars.
Old 03-31-09, 07:33 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

so.. so far... either go with these or the works...
these are cheaper and not brand name.. but still look very nice...
works are brand name.. looks slightly beter and a little bit beter quality but cost 500 more? this is a tough one hahaha damnit
Old 03-31-09, 07:48 PM
S to the K
Pole Position

quality is top notch.

We have a warranty against manufactures defects and we are based in the United States so if you ever have an issue you would be dealing with us directly

I've had these on my car for a while now and have gotten nothing but compliments.

They may not be very popular on the Lexus forums yet, but they are super popular on the BMW forums and people have been very pleased with them. If you want to question the quality of the wheels, you can check out those forums and see how please EVERYONE who purchases these wheels are

Zoeb

They both look pretty solid. The only thing left that would matter to me would be to know the weight comparison b/t the Works, HRE's, and these Linea Corse's. Strength differences would also be a factor, but that would be difficult to substantiate.

Anybody know how much each brand weighs??
Old 03-31-09, 07:58 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by L-S-D
so.. so far... either go with these or the works...
these are cheaper and not brand name.. but still look very nice...
works are brand name.. looks slightly beter and a little bit beter quality but cost 500 more? this is a tough one hahaha damnit
Yo kenny you sure Works are only $500 more? So far even from vendors on here quoted about $800 more and thats shipped within US only.. and our locals are pretty much even more... Unless ken is hooking you up again and I'd say go for it, exactly what Lexboi250 said..
Old 03-31-09, 08:05 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

only if T1S is 500 more, that would be last year's price. they are around the 2300 range for a set shipped to US, and to canada you're looking at 2400. So about a grand US difference shipped to you. With the weak canadian dollars currently, and add taxes and duties on top, you might as well order it from your canadian distributor, and get it cheaper.
Old 03-31-09, 08:32 PM
SoCal35
Lexus Test Driver

Linea Corse Dyna is a nice wheel regardless of whether or not it's a knockoff. But personally, I'd probably save up for the Works. I like the lip and the edge of the lip much better on the Works. I'm not sure if this means anything to you, but I believe the T1S is a true 2 piece wheel. Not sure on the Dynas, but by the looks of it, they look like 1 piece.
Old 03-31-09, 10:04 PM
dangy
Lexus Champion

Linea Corse is not owned by Rota, I'm not sure where you got that from.

I am the global distributor for Linea Corse wheels, any dealer or individual who wants Linea Corse wheels has to go through me.

Rota is a total different company....Rota wheels are sold through cosmic marketing corporation....try calling Rota USA and asking about Rota wheels, you will get this: "Call Zoeb @ Linea Corse wheels - 510.304.7554"

Linea Corse wheels are sold through LTC Distribution.

Just trying to clear up some misinformation.

As for the Dyna, it is not a replica of the T1S, if you looked at the 2 wheels you'd see differences.

The work T1S in reality is a replica of another wheel, but I won't go into that

Zoeb
Not one time in my post did I say Rota owned Linea Corse wheels. My sources? go on BMW forums and watch them flame your wheels to hell. Of course you will have supporters and people who like them but so does Rota and every other cheap brand. Its ok if you buy them but why not just save your money and buy the legit stuff in better offsets? And the "Dyna" is different from The t1S? Different how? They look pretty much the same thing to me. Sorry T1S/Works > LC.

Last edited by dangy; 03-31-09 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-31-09, 10:09 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

Even if Rota technically doesn't own Linea Corsa, I would be very hesitant to order a wheel thats made in Philippines at the same factory they make Rota's.
Old 04-01-09, 12:09 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

im not sure why you people are harping over who made the original design for wheels. most rims on the market are copied from someone else, it is the nature of the beast. back to the post, i like the rims....

Quick Reply: new shoes !! opinions please...