IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Does anybody have an IS250 RWD with Luxury Package? (special order question)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-09, 04:30 PM
Cioffdaddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody have an IS250 RWD with Luxury Package? (special order question)

Does anyone have an IS250 RWD with luxury package? I have been under the impression that they don't make that combination (ever) and that it would have to be a special order. So I talked to my local dealer about ordering one (RWD, auto, luxury package, parking assist) about a month ago and I thought it was a done deal.

Today he called me and said that Lexus told him I wouldn't get it until the end of July (instead of March or April) because they don't make that combo (which I already knew) and that it would be a "special special order". He said that if I wanted luxury package with navigation that he would be able to find me one and have it here in a few weeks.

Does this make sense to anybody? I know the sales guy from church so I find it hard to believe he is straight up lying to me.. But is there any truth to any of this?

Did it take anyone that long to get an IS250 RWD with luxury pkg? Is Lexus now making 09s with navigation and luxury pkg? Is there anybody I can call at Lexus itself to confirm or deny this?
Old 02-05-09, 04:39 PM
strife
Rookie

wat does luxury package entail?
Old 02-05-09, 08:08 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Cioffdaddy
Does anyone have an IS250 RWD with luxury package? I have been under the impression that they don't make that combination (ever) and that it would have to be a special order. So I talked to my local dealer about ordering one (RWD, auto, luxury package, parking assist) about a month ago and I thought it was a done deal.

Today he called me and said that Lexus told him I wouldn't get it until the end of July (instead of March or April) because they don't make that combo (which I already knew) and that it would be a "special special order". He said that if I wanted luxury package with navigation that he would be able to find me one and have it here in a few weeks.

Does this make sense to anybody? I know the sales guy from church so I find it hard to believe he is straight up lying to me.. But is there any truth to any of this?

Did it take anyone that long to get an IS250 RWD with luxury pkg? Is Lexus now making 09s with navigation and luxury pkg? Is there anybody I can call at Lexus itself to confirm or deny this?

He's straight up lying to you.

A special order is a special order.

It takes 2-3 months if your dealer isn't entirely incompetent, it sure as hell doesn't take 6.

It's entirely possible Lexus doesn't ship the config you want to your region, but there's no reason you can't get exactly what you want in a reasonably amount of time with a special order.

Some dealers seem to go well out of their way to avoid the process though.

(to the other poster- if you have a RWD IS250 with memory seats you have the luxury package)
Old 02-05-09, 08:11 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

that combo is possible
when I was purchasing my car, I saw
IS250 Luxury Package, ML NAV...he told me it was special ordered but the price was crazy
Old 02-05-09, 08:18 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

umm special order...my car i wanted to have lux xpac and navi they made it happen i didnt have to wait a year only took 15 mins for dealer to trade some dealer in AZ
Old 02-05-09, 08:26 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

The Levinson is what makes it a special order, I had to look for one for a lady and it doesn't exist.

And if it is something they never build, it can take up to 6 months to get.
Old 02-05-09, 08:31 PM
Cioffdaddy
Driver School Candidate

Do you work for a dealership kalvano? I am actually not looking for ML, just an IS250 RWD w/ auto, luxury package, and parking assist. Do you know if this is a combo that would take an extra long time? I have read about people ordering all sorts of different option combos and they all seem to say it only takes 3 months.
Old 02-06-09, 04:29 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kalvano
The Levinson is what makes it a special order, I had to look for one for a lady and it doesn't exist.

And if it is something they never build, it can take up to 6 months to get.
Why?

Mine is a combo they NEVER build.

ML without Nav. (and sport package on top of that)

and it still just took the normal 2.5 months to get as a special order.
Old 02-06-09, 09:27 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

If you looked through the forty page behemoth thread called, " 2009 IS post-U.S. release discussion thread ", on page seventeen you would find this post from IntegresS, who works (or did work, given the economy it is getting dicier ever day) at a Lexus dealership posted this

Originally Posted by IntegresS
hey-- I just checked our ordering system at TMS and for an 09 IS250 Manual Transmission, the luxury package is NOT available. The only packages available are:

Premium Package Includes: Heated and Ventilated Front Seats, Wood Interior Trim, and Perforated Leather Seat Upgrade

'X' Package Includes: 18" Liquid Graphite Finish Alloy Wheels with Summer Tires, Sport Tuned Suspesnion, Alloy Sport Pedals, Illuminated Scuff Plates, Front Lip Spoiler
And if you check the Lexus site the stand alone ML sound system (and NAV/ML system) is totally off the table now for people who want manual transmissions. So the availability of packages changes from year to year, meaning that just because Tom, **** or Harry on Club Lexus got a particular configuration in the 2006 model year doesn't mean squat now.

The good news, for you, is that what you want is still can be ordered within the system, according to lexus.com's Pricing & Options page for the 2009 IS250 automatic, but you'll have to wait for it. If you think the dealership is lying to you, then by all means switch dealerships but don't be surprised if it really does eventually show up in June, like this first dealer contact said. If I were you I would order what want and wait patiently for it.

Last edited by CRB; 02-06-09 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-06-09, 09:45 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CRB
If you looked through the forty page behemoth thread called, " 2009 IS post-U.S. release discussion thread ", on page seventeen you would find this post from IntegresS, who works (or did work, given the economy it is getting dicier ever day) at a Lexus dealership posted this

And if you check the Lexus site the stand alone ML sound system (and NAV/ML system) is totally off the table now for people who want manual transmissions. So the availability of packages changes from year to year, meaning that just because Tom, **** or Harry on Club Lexus got a particular configuration in the 2006 model year doesn't mean squat now.

The good news, for you, is that what you want is still can be ordered within the system, according to lexus.com's Pricing & Options page for the 2009 IS250 automatic, but you'll have to wait for it. If you think the dealership is lying to you, then by all means switch dealerships but don't be surprised if it really does eventually show up in June, like this first dealer contact said. If I were you I would order what want and wait patiently for it.

I'm confused.

You just made a huge post to explain how it's possible some combinations aren't available no matter what.

Then you add that the combo the poster is asking about IS possible, making all the stuff you just posted totally not relevant to the posters question...but still state his special order might take many many months longer than any other normal special order ever.

Why?
Old 02-06-09, 09:53 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they don't produce that combo from the factory at all, outside special order. I have an '07 with AWD and Nav, and it was hard for them to find the Lux Pkg pre-made with that combo. For '09, in Pennsylvania, it's no longer even available on AWD at all (other than S.O.)

I'm with Kurtz--a special order, is a special order. Why would some take longer than others? Makes no sense. Your dealer may not put in your order immediately--they may place all special orders at the end of the month. This might make yours move into the "4" end of "3-4 months". I'd press the salesman to find out where the extra 3 months is coming from
Old 02-06-09, 10:01 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kurtz
I'm confused.

Then you add that the combo the poster is asking about IS possible, making all the stuff you just posted totally not relevant to the posters question...but still state his special order might take many many months longer than any other normal special order ever.

Why?
I'll assume the "I'm confused." is strictly rhetoric, since, having read some of your anti-BBK dissertations you tend toward the know-it-all end of the internet spectrum.

What I posted assumes that the Pricing & Options information on Lexus.com is correct AND current. Which is a pretty big "if" in my book. When IntegresS posted that the manual IS250 could not be built with Luxury it took literally weeks for the Lexus.com site to reflect that.

But, you said the dealer representative is " lying" and I think that is more than a bit presumptuous. There have been owners who have had to wait until the second special order build cycle in a year for a particular build. And there have been people who have ordered, waited and never gotten what they "special ordered". Do dealers have a limited number of special orders they can submit for a particular build cycle? Does the factory have a capacity limit on special orders? How does the tanking economy and necessary curtailing of production effect special orders? I don't have definitive answers to any of those questions, perhaps this sales associate is up against something like that.

Last edited by CRB; 02-06-09 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-06-09, 10:46 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

is250 with lux package shouldn't be that hard to find or to special order. i bet you its the parking assist that is causing you troubles...
Old 02-06-09, 10:50 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CRB
I'll assume the "I'm confused." is strictly rhetoric, since, having read some of your anti-BBK dissertations you tend toward the know-it-all end of the internet spectrum.
Hardly.

I do know BBKs are useless for anything but looks if you don't track the car though- That's basic physics.

Generally the only people who disagree either don't understand brakes or want to justify the $4000 they spent to make their rotors look nice.

That's all pretty off topic though, like your personal attack on me in your last post.... back ON topic...

Originally Posted by CRB
But, you said the dealer representative is " lying" and I think that is more than a bit presumptuous.

Not at all. A special order is a special order. There's no such thing as a "special special order" that takes twice as long as the normal kind. He's lying. Simple as that.

Generally the folks who special ordered and never got their car were also lied to by dealers who NEVER special ordered the car and just kept hoping it'd show up in inventory someplace in the country.

Dealers lie quite a lot ya know. Many also either don't understand how to special order a car, or can't be bothered doing so, so they say or do anything they can to avoid it.

Special orders go in every month...20th of the month. If you get yours in before then it should take roughly 2.5 months to get your car. If it goes in after the 20th it won't "really" go in till the 20th of the next month, and thus it'll be more like 3.5 months to get your car.

Under no circumstances should it take 6 months though.

I've actually been through the special order process, so I do have a little bit of insight into how they work.
Old 02-06-09, 11:04 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Hardly.

I do know BBKs are useless for anything but looks if you don't track the car though- That's basic physics.

Generally the only people who disagree either don't understand brakes or want to justify the $4000 they spent to make their rotors look nice.

That's all pretty off topic though, like your personal attack on me in your last post.... back ON topic...

Not at all. A special order is a special order. There's no such thing as a "special special order" that takes twice as long as the normal kind. He's lying. Simple as that.

Generally the folks who special ordered and never got their car were also lied to by dealers who NEVER special ordered the car and just kept hoping it'd show up in inventory someplace in the country.

Dealers lie quite a lot ya know. Many also either don't understand how to special order a car, or can't be bothered doing so, so they say or do anything they can to avoid it.

Special orders go in every month...20th of the month. If you get yours in before then it should take roughly 2.5 months to get your car. If it goes in after the 20th it won't "really" go in till the 20th of the next month, and thus it'll be more like 3.5 months to get your car.

Under no circumstances should it take 6 months though.

I've actually been through the special order process, so I do have a little bit of insight into how they work.
Kurtz, can a buyer special order a manual IS250 with standalone ML (no nav) or is that Lexus.com site info correct. Specifically, both NAV/ML and ML are totally unavailable in manual transmission cars or is that website lying!

Last edited by CRB; 02-06-09 at 11:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Does anybody have an IS250 RWD with Luxury Package? (special order question)