IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
Old 12-15-14, 04:45 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

How To: Replacing Side Mirror Puddle Lights w/ PICS!

Old 02-19-12, 01:33 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I spent 45 mintues tried to remove the puddle lamp.....after i removed that 2 screws and crack the cover open... no mater how i pull and twist the len....it just won't come out....

I have a 08 IS-F... can someone please tell me if it's DIY are same on my car or not...
Old 02-19-12, 05:51 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

got it done!.....i found it much more easier to removed the mirror, removed the cover, loosen the 4 screws and then change the bulbs.
Old 04-26-12, 07:04 PM
Vibes63
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job!
Old 04-26-12, 09:26 PM
AndysIS
Driver

can anyone help but i brought the 4 LED 2W HP flank bulbs and i for some reason couldn't get them to come on i did noticed when i looked inside the housing of were the leds go its scratched as if the tip of the 4 LED 2W HP flank bulbs scratched the inside housing and i did pull it out a tad bit so that it wouldn't go all the way in then i tried to push it all the way in didnt work and i tried many ways but sometimes it would turn on for a quick second or 2 then shut off any help i would appreciate
Old 04-27-12, 06:32 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AndysIS
can anyone help but i brought the 4 LED 2W HP flank bulbs and i for some reason couldn't get them to come on i did noticed when i looked inside the housing of were the leds go its scratched as if the tip of the 4 LED 2W HP flank bulbs scratched the inside housing and i did pull it out a tad bit so that it wouldn't go all the way in then i tried to push it all the way in didnt work and i tried many ways but sometimes it would turn on for a quick second or 2 then shut off any help i would appreciate
The so called 'new and improved' VLEDs 4 LED flank is too long now due to an added heat sink..
My buddy Koz here and I installed a set of the new 4 LED flanks in my new ES.
You have to modify the LED and the inside housing.
The bulb needs to be Dremeled to make shorter and the inside housing needs to be Dremeled a bit so the LED can fit.The LED will leave a black mark from hitting the lens housing in the area where you have to Dremel a bit without going through the plastic housing.If you do go through,a simple dab of silicone will work.The lens housing is not exposed to the weather.
Not too big of a deal but still a pain versus the older version of the LEDs fit perfectly in my other Lexus'.
There might be other ways to modify but this way worked for me.Of course this is all assuming the IS and ES have the same housing which i would think they do.
The new LEDs do look good,though.
You can always go with the VLEDs 2 LED flanks which will fit but they're pretty weak on light output but white.

Last edited by Joeb427; 04-27-12 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-27-12, 07:37 AM
Vibes63
Pole Position

Great modification!
Old 04-28-12, 12:15 PM
AndysIS
Driver

Originally Posted by Joeb427
The so called 'new and improved' VLEDs 4 LED flank is too long now due to an added heat sink..
The bulb needs to be Dremeled to make shorter and the inside housing needs to be Dremeled a bit so the LED can fit.The LED will leave a black mark from hitting the lens housing in the area where you have to Dremel a bit without going through the plastic housing.If you do go through,a simple dab of silicone will work.The lens housing is not exposed to the weather.
Not too big of a deal but still a pain versus the older version of the LEDs fit perfectly in my other Lexus'.
There might be other ways to modify but this way worked for me.Of course this is all assuming the IS and ES have the same housing which i would think they do.
You can always go with the VLEDs 2 LED flanks which will fit but they're pretty weak on light output but white.
Thans sounds like the same problem im running into so ill try this and see if it works will I damage the led shaving some of it off
Old 04-28-12, 01:51 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Need help on the 09+ :/
Old 04-28-12, 05:09 PM
Mikaveli
Rookie

here guy's i just ordered the led interior swap and i couldn't find a universal thread but i came across this and it shows how to switch everything hope it helps
Old 02-07-13, 01:10 PM
LWKT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I was reading up and noticed these posts are a bit old, so I just looked at the V-LED website, looks as tho they have fixed this problem. The info at the bottom of the flank 4 LED says that " NEW SIZE! Will fit 06 up Lexus IS puddle light application. "

Just thought id put this up here.
Old 06-09-13, 06:50 PM
mililani00
Pole Position

My puddle lights went out, is there a fuse or something ?
Old 09-12-13, 09:25 PM
tofupunx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mikaveli
here guy's i just ordered the led interior swap and i couldn't find a universal thread but i came across this and it shows how to switch everything hope it helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZFtrx2RiaE

That's awesome!! Thanks for posting.