IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Interior DR door panel cracked - dealer says not covered under 4yr/50mi

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-08, 01:16 PM
jayy178
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a feeling the dealership/corporate wont fix it. I have some small tears on my seat that must be from my pants/jeans over time. Also, near the handle on the drivers seat there are some small tears probably from rings or jewelry. I would doubt that my dealer would fix this if I claimed it was a defect..its just wear n tear of a car I think. BUT if you do get it fixed free by the dealer I'll definitely try to have them fix mine too haah
Old 10-27-08, 10:54 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jayy178
i have a feeling the dealership/corporate wont fix it. I have some small tears on my seat that must be from my pants/jeans over time. Also, near the handle on the drivers seat there are some small tears probably from rings or jewelry. I would doubt that my dealer would fix this if I claimed it was a defect..its just wear n tear of a car I think. BUT if you do get it fixed free by the dealer I'll definitely try to have them fix mine too haah
I would expect a seat to tear over time, or small tears from rings or jewelry. I purchased my 1993 Tercel new and have driven for 14 + years and paid $30,000 less and did not have this problem.
Old 10-27-08, 12:36 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol physical dmg isnt covered but if the cracking happen on its own should be covered fully...just my 2cents. go to another dealer.
Old 08-18-10, 03:08 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

I'm having similar problems with my door panel, there are cracking and falling apart as we speak. It seems as the plastic material has gotten brittle over the four years that Ive owned this car. There is no way this should ever happen to any car, especial not a Lexus. My dealer said sorry but your out of warranty, so now I'll try corporate to see if they will fix it.
Old 08-18-10, 04:04 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MCL1
Show them the front bumper, then show them the rear bumper, then point to the door, indicating that it is located between the two bumpers.

If they don't understand that, show them the phone number for the BBB in your cell phone.
I like your style!
Old 08-18-10, 05:11 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

man you guys in the US are having so much warranty and defect issues..
here in aus we rarely have those issues at all
Old 08-18-10, 05:38 PM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damnnn u got a heavy elbow.. i do the same.. and no cracks here.. maybe a defects. why u telll them u put ur elbow there.. rofl.....
Old 08-18-10, 05:38 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

You sure someone didn't cause that and you just notice it now? Take it to the car wash? How about a mechanic that does your oil change? A friend that drove your car? How about resting your elbow and hitting a pot hole on the high way?

Last edited by Initial_K; 08-18-10 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-18-10, 08:03 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PorSiempre
I have a case of "bonyness" ; but it's not in my elbow.
omg hahahaha
Old 08-18-10, 08:07 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Jobin
I know its the wrong one, but if you keep an eye out you may pick one up for a great deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...mZ330279409362
Keep an eye out in the classifieds - you can find one from someone a lot more trustworthy than eBay...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is2...oor-panel.html

Javier
Old 08-18-10, 08:17 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

WOW thats bull crap. Change your dealer dude, seriously!! I dont know but i have the best service rep there is. I had a problem with my seat, it would make noises when i would move the seat forward and backward and up/down. Told my rep about the situation and the replaced the whole seat and put in a brand new one. i was shocked when i went in and sat down. I thought they would just change out the parts from underneath the seat or lube something up. Today i went in since i was loosing pressure in my tire and my rep patched my tire up for free. I love the guy, he is and awesome rep.
Old 07-30-14, 12:23 PM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Giggity
You're right pal, I have no idea who you are or what you're about, but seriously are you trying to pass this off like you just all of a sudden noticed there was a crack in the door card and have no idea how it got there, but it just happens to be where you rest your elbow?
The upper part of the door card is made of ABS plastic that is roughly an 1/8 of an inch thick; with thousands of IS's running around the globe subjected to a wide range of weather conditions with the exact same door card, made of the exact same material, your's is the only car that has experienced this "defect".
You've been around CL long enough to know that people here complain about EVERY LITTLE PROBLEM, if it were truly a defect, don't you think it would have surfaced HERE of all places a long time ago?!?!?

GOOD LUCK getting it fixed, I really mean that. IT sucks when a car that is supposed to be iconic in the luxury car circles has issues like these, but I am very skeptical that this crack just appeared as a result of "resting" your elbow on the panel.
Yep happen to me from resting my freaking elbow there nothing to be skeptical about its true! This is bull! Sorry to bring this back from the dead lol..
Old 07-31-14, 02:52 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ants250
Yep happen to me from resting my freaking elbow there nothing to be skeptical about its true! This is bull! Sorry to bring this back from the dead lol..
After all the cracking and melting known issues it makes CL member Giggity look like even more of an a$$ for the above accusations.
Old 07-31-14, 08:36 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Giggity
You've been around CL long enough to know that people here complain about EVERY LITTLE PROBLEM, if it were truly a defect, don't you think it would have surfaced HERE of all places a long time ago?!?!?

So this guy is complaining about people complaining?

People like you is the first reason I usually don't post, in any forum.
Old 07-31-14, 09:17 AM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MEAHT
So this guy is complaining about people complaining? People like you is the first reason I usually don't post, in any forum.
Yep basically lol.

Quick Reply: Interior DR door panel cracked - dealer says not covered under 4yr/50mi