IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How much paid for 2009 IS 250

Old 01-02-09, 10:17 PM
DolceVita
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my '09 IS250 RWD (starfire w/ black interior) delivered to my driveway 3 nights ago for $37,000.53 out the door with spoiler, nav, 18" (I was told the ones with nav all automatically come w/ 18"), premium package, cargo net, trunk mat, and wheel locks.

I went through a broker my parents knew (and of course I emailed dealers directly myself) and he brought me back the best price. The dealers were trying to charge $800 for the spoiler when I asked while they charged the broker $360. My car came from Westminster Lexus.

I financed through a credit union I can join because of my dad's work and got a 2.49% rate plus a free little vacation package. I have no complaints!
Old 01-02-09, 10:22 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

Congrats! Car sounds perfect! I too got mine from Westminster, but I dealt directly with the internet person and got it for 750 under invoice. This was last Feb however and I think the car had been on their lot for six months (according to the build date). Post some pics asap! Starfire is the bomb!
Old 01-02-09, 11:25 PM
DolceVita
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Congrats! Car sounds perfect! I too got mine from Westminster, but I dealt directly with the internet person and got it for 750 under invoice. This was last Feb however and I think the car had been on their lot for six months (according to the build date). Post some pics asap! Starfire is the bomb!
Thanks! Haha! Were you dealing with Larry Robinson? LOL. He's who I was emailing back and forth. I don't even think he realizes the one I ended up buying came from them because he was still emailing today.

Yeah, I'm VERY happy with my purchase! I just got my spoiler added on tonight and haven't taken pictures yet. Waiting for some sunshine for better pics. I'm just so glad to have gotten rid of my lemon of a GTI. Japanese cars are SO much better!
Old 01-02-09, 11:33 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

I was dealing with Gina Sylvestry. I think she is now the internet manager. My only regret was not getting the spoiler mixed in with the deal. I am still fending for one a year later. But all things considered, I was very satisfied with the dealership.
Can't wait to see those pics!
Old 01-03-09, 12:09 AM
DolceVita
Driver School Candidate

I was very satisfied with the dealership too. I went in the night before to look at the exact car I was going to have delivered to my house (they didn't know it was me though) and the salesman didn't try to push me into anything AT ALL. He simply took me to the backlot where it was, and showed me some other ones because I wanted to see all the trims.

Yeah, I didn't wanna budge and not get a spoiler. I don't see how they can inflate the price on that so much. They say it's for labor, but if so, why was I able to get mine for $360? I asked the other dealers why I got a quote of $360 somewhere else while other dealers told me it'll be as much as $800.

...they didn't have an answer for me. Haha!
Old 01-03-09, 02:00 AM
ucla_is25o
Rookie

Originally Posted by DolceVita
I got my '09 IS250 RWD (starfire w/ black interior) delivered to my driveway 3 nights ago for $37,000.53 out the door with spoiler, nav, 18" (I was told the ones with nav all automatically come w/ 18"), premium package, cargo net, trunk mat, and wheel locks.

I went through a broker my parents knew (and of course I emailed dealers directly myself) and he brought me back the best price. The dealers were trying to charge $800 for the spoiler when I asked while they charged the broker $360. My car came from Westminster Lexus.

I financed through a credit union I can join because of my dad's work and got a 2.49% rate plus a free little vacation package. I have no complaints!
congrats on the new '09! I just got my '09 a little over 3 weeks ago (everything you got but no nav/no spoiler). but I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when I was in the process of shopping around at different dealerships (about 5 or 6 different ones here around socal), 2 dealerships were offering total rock bottom prices on the exact car you got (but no spoiler, which I'm sure could've been thrown in). they were offering $35,500 (OTD!!) if I bought it right then and there when I was at their dealerships. if I actually wanted the nav, I would've obviously jumped on that deal. I ended up getting the 250 with obsidian/black, prem. package, 18" rims, cargo net, trunk mat, and wheel locks for just as good a deal than said deal on the nav 250.

the '07 250 my sister has was bought through a broker my parents knew and they overpayed, in my opinion, by about $1000 or so at the time (around july '07). but hey, you got the exact car you wanted so no biggee right? I on the other hand, ALMOST got exactly what I wanted, as I'm sure you know, the HID/AFS option isn't available for the 250's right now here on the west coast unless you got the x-package trim, and I certainly wasn't gonna wait 3 months for a special order (but more like 4-5 months cause've the holiday season, etc). so I'm forced to get an aftermarket kit but was happy to find out through these forums that there are some really quality ones out there. I assume you're on the same boat with the HID's as well?
Old 01-03-09, 10:37 AM
DolceVita
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ucla_is25o
congrats on the new '09! I just got my '09 a little over 3 weeks ago (everything you got but no nav/no spoiler). but I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when I was in the process of shopping around at different dealerships (about 5 or 6 different ones here around socal), 2 dealerships were offering total rock bottom prices on the exact car you got (but no spoiler, which I'm sure could've been thrown in). they were offering $35,500 (OTD!!) if I bought it right then and there when I was at their dealerships. if I actually wanted the nav, I would've obviously jumped on that deal. I ended up getting the 250 with obsidian/black, prem. package, 18" rims, cargo net, trunk mat, and wheel locks for just as good a deal than said deal on the nav 250.

the '07 250 my sister has was bought through a broker my parents knew and they overpayed, in my opinion, by about $1000 or so at the time (around july '07). but hey, you got the exact car you wanted so no biggee right? I on the other hand, ALMOST got exactly what I wanted, as I'm sure you know, the HID/AFS option isn't available for the 250's right now here on the west coast unless you got the x-package trim, and I certainly wasn't gonna wait 3 months for a special order (but more like 4-5 months cause've the holiday season, etc). so I'm forced to get an aftermarket kit but was happy to find out through these forums that there are some really quality ones out there. I assume you're on the same boat with the HID's as well?
Damn! And I thought I got a good deal. Haha. It's alright though because it was my parent's friend so we wanted to help him out with a sale too. Plus, I've been wanting one for a while now, but didn't start looking until a few days before Christmas and I wanted to get my car traded in before the new year started so it wouldn't have to be valued based on the new Kelly Blue Book. But wow, $35,500 is such a deal. Which 2 dealerships offered that price?

Yea, it sucks that the 250s don't come with HIDs. I'm sure I'm gonna add some on in a few months. For now, I'm not gonna make any changes right away since I'm doing this car thing on my own. It's my first big purchase since I graduated and started working and I purchased instead of leased since I drive a lot (who doesn't in southern Cal?). The only things I'll get done are tint, HIDs and maybe a mild drop...in that order.
Old 01-03-09, 11:08 AM
Dirtywater
Driver School Candidate

I plan on buying a 250 very soon in SoCal. I want Obsidian/Black, prem pkg, nav. What kind of numbers should I be looking for once I start the emailing?

What kind of dealer fees are they charging as well?

Thanks.
Old 01-03-09, 01:07 PM
DolceVita
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dirtywater
I plan on buying a 250 very soon in SoCal. I want Obsidian/Black, prem pkg, nav. What kind of numbers should I be looking for once I start the emailing?

What kind of dealer fees are they charging as well?

Thanks.
I recommend getting quotes online through the Lexus website. All of the dealers now have a department dedicated to internet inquiries. Edmunds is also a good site. Edmunds shows you how much people in your area are actually paying and when you're ready to go to the dealer in person, you can bring the paper with you and shove it in their face when they try to quote you a lot more. =)
Old 01-03-09, 01:08 PM
DolceVita
Driver School Candidate

And keep in mind, the December to Remember event ends in 2 days at most So Cal dealerships!
Old 01-03-09, 01:23 PM
Dirtywater
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DolceVita
And keep in mind, the December to Remember event ends in 2 days at most So Cal dealerships!
Thanks. I plan on buying an '09, so that pricing won't affect me. I wish edmunds had the '09 invoice prices up.
Old 01-03-09, 01:46 PM
DolceVita
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dirtywater
Thanks. I plan on buying an '09, so that pricing won't affect me. I wish edmunds had the '09 invoice prices up.
I was told by the dealer and broker that '09s are about $1000 more than '08s.
Old 01-03-09, 04:38 PM
cmaIS250
Rookie

You can find the 09 invoice price from KBB.com. For 2009 the base price of the car went up $300 but the premium and luxury option packages are now cheaper.
Old 01-03-09, 06:49 PM
uberstefen
Driver School Candidate

Cool

fully loaded auto for 24,850
Old 01-03-09, 08:10 PM
damnboy
Pole Position

Here is what I have.. may not be 100% right.
2009 IS250 RWD
Invoice / MSRP
$28,585/$32,325 -- Base
------------------Options:
$756/ $840 --- Preminum plus package (PT)
$2150/ $2550 --- Navigation System (NV)
$700/ $875 --- HID (HL)
$664/ $830 --- 18" Wheels w/Tires (FL)
$124/ $210 --- Preferred Accessory package

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much paid for 2009 IS 250