DIY remove the grille with pictures (56k nooo.....)
Well since some members here might have ordered the color code matched bezel. And some just want to know for the sake of knowledge. But do not know how to remove the grille.
youll need one 10mm socket, wrench, a bit of muscle and some patience.
1.Take off all engine covers. Remove 4 plastic pins and 1 10mm screw.
2. CAREFULLY remove the weather strip. As you can see from the pic, i wasn't careful and just sort of yanked it out from my first time trying this.
there should be 2 small studs on each side of the strip (***not including the ones above the bezel***)
*A tip i got (LEXMAN350) was to use Pliers. I have not tried this, but do as you please.
3.try to feel for the tabs (gray triangular shape) that hook on to the bumper. gently press on them and move then out of the slot. DO NOT PULL UP OR PULL/PUSH HARD. There should be 4. there should be 2 on each side.
4. Slowly pull the grille towards your chest. there should a feel of more tabs that unhook from the bottom. (this may scratch your bumper slightly, put tape or anything to prevent it if possible.)
5. to detach the inner grille with the bezel, seperate the two pieces, dont rip it apart or it might break!!
it is "clamped" together. itll look like this.
To put back to the bumper, attach the 2 pieces together, and if you look youll see the tabs under the pieces.
All tabs should slide into these slots. As mention before, this may scratch your bumper.
Thats the steps i took. If anyone has any advice, or tips, PLEASE ADD TO IT! Make this as easy as possible!
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
update. found a easier way to put the grille and bezel into the bumper. no pics though, sorry. but it should be fairly simple.
1. put the inner grille into the slots it should fit right in.
2. put the bezel next, this might take a bit of time as it is harder to see where the tabs go. make sure the side tabs on the bezel fit the slots on the side and the upper part of the inner grille "clamps" properly ( i.e. step 5 from above).
btw the weather strip atop the bezel. just use pliers to squeeze the studs and push out.