IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Too Many Rattles-help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-08, 03:38 PM
Faman21
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too Many Rattles-help!

so, ill be going in for my 3rd time to try to fix the sun roof rattle, the guy tried greasing the frame rails, and the black plastic right beneath the glass, and it still persists. additionally i have a rattle/buzz from my speakers on the rear shelf, and i get some werid noises from the suspension/wheels when going over little bumps in the road, it sounds to me like suspension slap, and i think its only on the rear wheels- but it makes the car sound incredibly cheap and cruddy and makes me sad when i go by anyone if theres bumps in the road. anyone else have these problems and actually gotten them resolved?
Old 07-17-08, 03:54 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

i've only got some experience with dash rattles, door rattles and suspension noise. the door rattle was on the upperpiece where i put my elbow, caused by me but they fixed it. the dash rattle i never brought into fix. instead i just left it alone until it stopped and it has never bothered me since. as your suspension noise is it ONLY coming from your rear suspension? if so that's a completely normal sound when you go over bumps and you hear a small thunk noise. i don't know how to describe it but it's normal. but you should have someone look at it. i believe some people will eibach springs have a similar problem too since you have the them. maybe someone will these springs can help you with that.

as for your sunroof rattle, i never had that problem. as such if the dealer can't fix it, there's really no way of telling what's causing it. you should just bring it in again and talk to your advisor. maybe eventually they'll just replace the whole unit.
Old 07-17-08, 03:55 PM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

the first two are TSIB on them do a search and you can take the print out and ask them to fix it. Sun roof and i believe the ticking is coming from the back window.

Check the air pressure in the tires. Make sure the dont exceed the recommended by too much like 5 psi. I do have that sound over big potholes. new tires might fix that!
Old 07-17-08, 05:23 PM
DaveyIS
Driver

the squeak in the back is the foot brake cables that need to be tightened i just got that fixed yesterday tell the dealer about that
Old 07-17-08, 05:46 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

do you have the eibach springs installed yet??
Old 07-17-08, 06:13 PM
Faman21
Rookie

naw i havent put the springs on yet, thats why its on the coming soon section haha
Old 07-17-08, 06:23 PM
solspeed
Driver

Originally Posted by DaveyIS
the squeak in the back is the foot brake cables that need to be tightened i just got that fixed yesterday tell the dealer about that
Is the squeak noise from the rears your talking about involve in moving forward and in reverse ? cause i've have that too, i've took it to the dealership and they've said it was because of the front brakes noise and then the noise travel thru the back. But my front BRAKE DONT MAKE NOISE.
Old 07-17-08, 06:52 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would take it in to the dealer. You are not alone and are not being OCD. These 2gen have some bugs to work out. My TSIB's for the seat squeak, dash rattle etc were fixed. Some members do not want the dash removed, but I took the risk and it canme out great.
Old 07-17-08, 10:09 PM
DaveyIS
Driver

Originally Posted by solspeed
Is the squeak noise from the rears your talking about involve in moving forward and in reverse ? cause i've have that too, i've took it to the dealership and they've said it was because of the front brakes noise and then the noise travel thru the back. But my front BRAKE DONT MAKE NOISE.
only happens when i drive forward and hit little bumps in the road
Old 07-17-08, 10:12 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my dashboard insulated after having an annoying squeaking rattle, I was skeptic at first about having it removed, but after they did it's quiet now, I enjoy my drive to work in the morning more now lol.

Although I still need to get the seat squeak TSB and the squeaking noise under the car when going on bumps.
Old 07-17-08, 10:58 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's weird how some of our cars have sooo many rattles. I have none so far, knock on wood.
Old 07-18-08, 12:36 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

I just turn up the volume on my radio to drown the noises. Noises is the hard to find. Either live with it or keep going back to the dealer to fix it. I chose to live with it cause I don't expect a car to be totally quiet even though its a Lexus.
Old 07-18-08, 12:43 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am taking mine in next week for 2 dash rattles. One above each air vent on the dash (passenger and driver side air vents). When I put pressure on the dash in the area it is rattling it fixes it, till I take the pressure off.
Old 08-06-08, 03:55 PM
imkraziguy
Driver School Candidate

the dash rattles are killing me...took back to dealer fix, after 3 days the dash rattle again...
Old 08-06-08, 10:22 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

No rattles for me w/ in the 8 mos I've had my car.

Quick Reply: Too Many Rattles-help!