IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

JDM Window Visors for $30..on ebay.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-08, 05:57 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the look of the OEM JDM visors, but I can't justify the $300 tag.
Old 06-26-08, 09:12 PM
wkw84
Driver

Originally Posted by VikH
I love the look of the OEM JDM visors, but I can't justify the $300 tag.

don't get me wrong, the JDM ones are hands down THE most beautiful. but i would settle for something that is fairly similar for about 1/3 the cost.
Old 06-27-08, 04:36 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wkw84

don't get me wrong, the JDM ones are hands down THE most beautiful. but i would settle for something that is fairly similar for about 1/3 the cost.
that's what i said.....

and look at me now

Ebay's "JDM" ones

it sticks out an inch... and covers the chrome part... held on by 3m tape
i still have it if your interested... it's just sitting in my garage.. let me know...

Real JDM ones

Old 06-27-08, 07:08 AM
Scythe
Lead Lap

oh wow, the difference there is incredible ^^ theres your 270$ difference lol
Old 06-27-08, 07:43 AM
IEMaestro
Pit Crew

I have the Weathertech visors on my ride, and they work and look great!
Old 06-27-08, 08:06 AM
Namir
Lead Lap

JDM ftw.

Nice cars deserve nice accessories.
Old 06-27-08, 08:08 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

^^ Bingo..

Originally Posted by passnu2
if you like the look of them they will work just fine...you don't have to spend the 250$ and get the JDM ones. Its all preference. Like you said they probably come out of the same MFG facility One is shaped different and gets a nice market up! Don't you love marketing in this country
I seriously doubt they come out of the same facility...

The problem right now is the SUPER WEAK USD vs the Japanese Yen..

I tried to find the MSRP in YEN.. but my Japanese is a bit rusty..

Joe Z
Old 06-27-08, 08:33 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z

I seriously doubt they come out of the same facility...
Joe Z -- I would put money on this that at least 75% of them on the market do come from one MFG. I speak from a Marketing and Packaging background All they do is re-tool the machine "or" mold for the next one Not just saying this!! I had hands on experience when I was younger and my first career. Funny how everything gets "private labeled"....You know Lexus doesnt MFG these so who does it for them?? One of a few MFG out there that makes the sames ones you see on eBay and in stores. I used to think the same way until I had this job. The ones on eBay have no over head. So they can sell for less then the big dogs and this happens all over the place.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
The problem right now is the SUPER WEAK USD vs the Japanese Yen..
Joe Z
This has nothing to do with it. They would, and will always be more. Lets face it most of our country buys NAME brand stuff. Some yes is better hands down but again most of this stuff comes out of the same MFG facility and is labeled and marketed another way.

Unless someone can prove that they have the exact spot these are mfg and where the ones that say they are JDM on eBay then there is no way you can say they come from a different of better mfg.

Mike
Old 06-27-08, 08:58 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get the real JDM Lexus ones and save yourself the hassle of switching them out later.
Old 06-27-08, 09:57 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

The "name brand" of these visors is peripheral to the fitment and quality of them - just like body kits. If you compare them side by side, it's like comparing a Ferrari to a school bus. If you don't see the difference or don't find the value in them, that's fine - we all vote with our wallets. But let's not confuse the ebay "JDM" or WeatherTech visors for the OEM Japan Lexus visors, because they're not in the same league.

Javier
Old 06-27-08, 10:20 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
Joe Z -- I would put money on this that at least 75% of them on the market do come from one MFG. I speak from a Marketing and Packaging background All they do is re-tool the machine "or" mold for the next one Not just saying this!! I had hands on experience when I was younger and my first career. Funny how everything gets "private labeled"....You know Lexus doesnt MFG these so who does it for them?? One of a few MFG out there that makes the sames ones you see on eBay and in stores. I used to think the same way until I had this job. The ones on eBay have no over head. So they can sell for less then the big dogs and this happens all over the place.

This has nothing to do with it. They would, and will always be more. Lets face it most of our country buys NAME brand stuff. Some yes is better hands down but again most of this stuff comes out of the same MFG facility and is labeled and marketed another way.

Unless someone can prove that they have the exact spot these are mfg and where the ones that say they are JDM on eBay then there is no way you can say they come from a different of better mfg.

Mike
Okay Mike... no arguement here...

But there is NO way you can say they do come from the same maufacture..

I know you follow the economy.. But the Weak USD is bad for us... period..

Something in Japan that cost approx $1100 USD back in Dec.. now costs approx $1600 USD with today's yen conversion rates..

ex: Lexus has raised the price of new cars ever so slightly twice for the 2008 models, this year...

Bottom line is if you want to save tons of money by the cheaper rain guards available in our local markets.. They will look "just ok" along with fitment..

If you want the best design of True OEM Fitment & Quality buy the Lexus JDM ones..

Joe Z
Old 06-27-08, 10:37 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^no arguing here boys!! Im just saying you can get good stuff on eBay....

""But there is NO way you can say they do come from the same manufacture.. ""

^^ You cant either is what I was getting at. no one can I am not doubting the OEM's quality or how it fits for that matter. I have purchased the Weathertech ones in the past and they fit like a glove and held up on more then one car. I dont think the quality of the OEM is any better then this company. Its the style of how they fit and look that is different and you are paying a premium for it being an OEM part thats all. all these after market body kits companies out there test fit products just like Weathertech would. I do agree that the OEM looks so much nicer IMO but I do think is fair to the OP to let them know there are options out there and not just our opinions. I would put my name on the Weathertech ones....but they may cost the same as the OEM?? I honestly dont know. But this is where the one that wants to buy them can decide what serves the purpose they need..I dont think its fair to say the OEM ones are of better quality then the weathertech ones. I think that is a fair point

and Like JavyLSU said its their money "or" your wallet to make the decision.

the economy is more then just weak Its only going to get worse at this rate

all with love boys/girls
Old 06-27-08, 10:58 AM
Jsy622
Driver School Candidate

wow I had no idea this was going to turn into a debate. I was just asking if anyone used the ebay ones..
Old 06-27-08, 11:28 AM
DrShoe
Lead Lap

Am I the only one that just have no interest in the window visors, JDM or not? Maybe it's just personal preference but to the OP - it's better to save for the authentic in the near future rather than settling for generic now IMO.
Old 06-27-08, 11:50 AM
LEXMAN350
Pole Position

I just saw the Weather Tech guards and they look pretty good. They have a video on installation and it looks so easy to install and will hold up. In my opinion you get the most bang for your buck with these.

Quick Reply: JDM Window Visors for $30..on ebay.