Search this Thread

Old 06-22-08, 07:17 PM
KpXMystic
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation BIG problem with my IS today!**READ**

Heres my story/vent
Help me please!

On friday i took this car into service for squeaking front breaks and i think thats where it all happened because when i first went there i had to take a tech on a test drive to duplicate the squeak/squealing noise. He was on the phone the WHOLE ride around the block and then has the nerve to tell me he didnt hear anything when EVERY other time i braked it squeaked. I left my car there for service and got it back yesterday.

I went to the luau and had fun chilled and ate. Even won a set of rims from the raffle (yay)

After the luau i was coming home and i hear a CLINK from the right side of my car and i thought , "eh probably another rock on the freeway". After i got off the freeway and on my way to drop off my gf, my steering wheel was off, meaning when the steering wheel is align to the center it is supposed to be going straight, but no it was curving. So, i just thought it i just need to loosen my wheel, so i stopped and turned the wheel all the way to the right and then all the way to the left and back to center. Then i drove but the steering wheel got worse to the point where the steering wheel was in the position when i take a right turn to go forward, which is something really wrong just i stopped my car at a stop sign and tried doing the routine i did before, the car didnt move when i accelerated a lil bit. I came out of the car and looked at my wheels. My left side front was straight but my right side front was turned all the way out to the point where it was touching my fender.

I called road side assistance and ask for a tow intermediately. First towing guy comes with a small towing truck and tells me he cant tow it(obviously) so he said hes gonna call another guy with a flat bed tow but he will be here in 90mins. He left and i called roadside assistance again and tell them to bring another person here in 30 mins. I waited for 1hr for this guy to come and this was in the burning sun, i had at least 100 people staring at me like im some kind of bum and 10 people honking for me to move. The towing guy came with a flat bed, he checks out my car and tells me a BOLT is missing from im guessing the axle. So i hear this and recall the CLING sound from before. He took my car to Lexus of Glendale and they tell me and the tow guy to drop it off in the back alley. I honestly didnt think they will tell me that. Thats honestly BS because first its not INDOOR. Second its not SECURE. Vandalism is OPEN. Anyways after the tow truck guy leaves i go in to get my loaner vehicle. I step in and ask for it and this guy at the desk tells me to take a cab home. I was like "are you kidding me? This is a 50k car that i bought from you guys and you cant give me a loaner vehicle? Its not like i TOLD the bolt to just fly off and screw up my tires." He said in EXACT words "service department is closed and we cant help you, so take a cab." I got so pissed to the point where i was arguing with the guy on the "superior customer service" topic. Eventually he didnt give me a car and i took a cab, which im got a reciept and will tell them to pay it.

After this long a$$ day im really pissed that this happens right after a service so its telling me that this lousy tech didnt even bolt in that portion correctly.
I will be going into Lexus of Glendale for a loaner vehicle tommorrow.

What should i do?
Can there be a law suit for this? because if this happened on the freeway, i could have died and also injured my passenger and ALSO hit other innocent drivers for Lexus's HUGE MISTAKE!

Blue Circle shows how its supposed to be. Red Circle shows the problem

Help me please!
-Chris

Last edited by KpXMystic; 06-23-08 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Posted pix
Old 06-22-08, 07:21 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Sorry no lawsuit. They have an obligation to fix the car, nothing more. Take up your complaints with the Service Manager, try not to be arrogant, just calm, state your case, and ask that your car be fixed by a different tech.

You may be pissed off, but it doesn't mean you can sue for anything. They did everything they're required to do to meet your contract. A loaner is not guaranteed at any dealership.
Old 06-22-08, 07:24 PM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I would speak to the service manager. Maybe you can get a few free services (just use another tech). If the service manager does not care, then call Lexus corporate.
Old 06-22-08, 07:30 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No lawsuit, not worth it.

I would call Lexus corporate if I am you, arguing with the dealership is just something next to worthless...
Old 06-22-08, 08:14 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What they said. No lawsuit, but complain to Lexus Corporate. What do you want from them? Free service in the future? Apology? What?
Old 06-22-08, 08:54 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

If your tone in dealing with the dealer is similar to your post and writing style, I can't imagine you getting much traction from them regarding this issue going forward.

Calm down, be professional, and don't tell the dealer how much your car costs... They know... they sell those things, and guess what, $50K or not (I don't think your car is $50K), it's still pretty much the cheapest car they sell... And you sure like to use ALL CAPS for emphasis quite a bit, huh?

Yes, what happened to you sucks and the dealer could probably have done a little more for you, but you came off like a big cry baby in this message, even starting with the post title, telling us all to **READ**, as if it was something we all needed to know ASAP.
Old 06-22-08, 10:50 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yah, dealer will just fix and provide couple free services to compensate your problem. Acura dealer messed up my friend TL after that they gave him 30K service for free.
Old 06-22-08, 11:02 PM
Dogmeat
Driver

well luckily nothing serious happened and you did not get injured. I had my tires rotated once for my old beater altima at Costco. They didn't tighten the lugs enough one time and I was driving and the entire wheel popped off. Bounced off dented the driver side fender and rolled away nearly hitting a parked car. Good thing I was in a residential area going 15mph. Complained to Costco and they didn't own up to it. Didn't want to deal with getting a lawyer and trying to sue at the time too much life stuff going on then. Might of been a mistake but I wasn't injured. Never got tires from Costco after that incident again. Anyways yeah least your car wasn't damaged and you weren't hurt!
Old 06-22-08, 11:46 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about that,
it is pretty dangerous for something like that to happen.
It got me thinking...

Funny how the last time I went there for a TSB,
they didn't acknowledge the fact that Club Lexus existed,
the service man stating "we have nothing to do with a website"
last I checked they're a sponsor.

Oh and they didn't fix my seat creaking noise issue.
Old 06-22-08, 11:46 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

call the lexus corporate office, then go to the dealer tom.... make sure u have all the evidence with you, such as the paper works that you went there for a service on friday...you should be thankfull that you are ok... your car will be fine... good luck
Old 06-23-08, 12:01 AM
LILDANTE79
Lexus Test Driver

wow that suxz alot man. but every one is right u should calm down and really think about what ur going to say. we understand ur frustration with what happened. just keep it cool 2morrow and explain ur self the best way get ur point across dont be rude and call it a day ur car is going to get fixed any way... i mean if u can afford a 50k car then a cab fee should not be something 2 complain about.
Old 06-23-08, 12:22 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

wow that sucks i thought that there was somthing major with our car that needed to be address not a lug falling off. This is also why i double check everything before i leave the dealership. I always go to discount tires to get my wheels torq right Lexus never can do it right.
Old 06-23-08, 12:27 AM
KpXMystic
Lead Lap

Thanks everyone for reading and reply with some help.

1) Its not a lug nut. I will post pics tommorrow on where exactly it popped out and how it did.
2) I know i should be calm. I was just very frustrated. The heat sucked and sweating from the meet and not taking a shower after felt just nasty.

I am going to the dealer tommorrow and work things out some how. I will keep you guys posted. And pics will come tommorrow, just telling you ahead of time its not pretty. =(
Old 06-23-08, 01:21 AM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

good luck, hope they fix it correctly. scary to hear they worked on ur car and this happens. human error
Old 06-23-08, 09:19 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Wow.... sorry to hear this happen!!!

Glad to hear that this did NOT turn into a bigger catastrophe..

1) YES, please show us pics of the problem area...

2) Get a hold of the Service Director today and have a sit down with them..
Let him/her know you were there Friday and find out which Tech "inspected" or test drove your car.. Also, have them investigate why their Certified Trained Lexus Technician did NOT see or find the problem and why the tech was on his cell phone during your test drive...

I agree with "Lobuxracer", make sure a different Tech works on your car!!!
Your paperwork from Friday should have a Tech Name or Tech ID#

Good Luck & Keep us posted
Joe Z

Originally Posted by KpXMystic
Thanks everyone for reading and reply with some help.

1) Its not a lug nut. I will post pics tommorrow on where exactly it popped out and how it did.
2) I know i should be calm. I was just very frustrated. The heat sucked and sweating from the meet and not taking a shower after felt just nasty.

I am going to the dealer tommorrow and work things out some how. I will keep you guys posted. And pics will come tommorrow, just telling you ahead of time its not pretty. =(

Quick Reply: BIG problem with my IS today!**READ**