Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You guys do know that one of the hottest 2IS in the nation is a gurls car

Old 06-18-08, 11:17 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gypsy
I agree with you for sure. Maybe I didn't word it right.

I am a little unsatisfied with the Silver color of my car because it was the last of the IS available at the time, and I wanted the car right then. I like the Silver, but I feel that Black would have been a color better suited for how I wanted people to view my car.

Now the reason I am here is because I am looking for ways to make my car look a little "meaner" without spending too much money or adding too many mods (it is a lease).

The ideas I came up with so far was tint and some nice yellow fogs.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions? I appreciate everyone's input.
give me your tears gypsy!!
Old 06-18-08, 11:26 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wanna feel manly? get a bunch of beautiful women to sit in your car. drive to the club and have them valet your car and walk into the club with all the "manly men" watching you go in because the girls love how comfortable and sexy your car is (and also how attractive you look driving it and most importantly, what a great personality you got). every single girl that's been in my car as said "nice car" or "omg i love this car." Maybe that will make you feel better.

But that aside, what's most important about the car you have is "does it make YOU happy?" Who cares what other people think? It's YOUR car. Why did you buy the IS? Because you liked it? That's enough. All my guy friends are into WRX's, Evos, RX-8's, etc. You know, tuner cars. And everyone who I let drive love how well my car turns, how smooth it is, how the steering feel is just right, how it's so comfortable, how it has so many features and the list goes on and on.

From what I see, a person who buys a car they want (not necessarily need) will buy what they want. When they want a car, it reflects their personality. I'm a metrosexual, as in I like to dress nice, I care about how I look, and what not. This car reflects that. It looks good, it drives nice. That doesn't mean I'm a girly guy. I love fast cars. I love turbos. I love deep exhaust notes. I love drifting through a turn for fun.

People who tell you that your car is "girly." what do they drive? A honda civic with hood scoops everywhere? Boring. an rsx? People call that a "girly" car. Still it corners great. Jealousy that you have an amazing car? Maybe. I hope that might change your perspective a bit on your own car. I could go on and on but I think I've made my point.

Now if you must mod it, a decent ground effects kit and some decent rims (i know that might be a lil pricey) will "beef up" your cars look. maybe a new exhaust or something to give it some grunt as you drive. Red out tail lights, some 6000k hid's to change the look a bit. Simple mods is enough. Hope that helps.
Old 06-18-08, 11:44 PM
ISWillie
Rookie

I don't care what you drive. If you're a man, you're a man.
(Well, ok, with the possible exception of a Miata).
Old 06-19-08, 12:57 AM
blk_is300
Pole Position

I have to agree that people think our cars are girly because there are lots of women driving them, I don't think it looks girlier than a Mercedes C-Class, not to mention VW Beetle and Mini Cooper. Girls liking them is not a bad thing, that means the design of the IS is pleasing the eyes of both genders. You don't see that many women driving a E90 BMW 3 Series around, that simply means it doesn't look that good. I am a BMW fan and I've own 2 Bimmers in the past, I didn't choose the 335i sedan over my IS simply because it's not pleasing my eyes, both exterior and interior. I still think our IS is the best looking sedan under $50k.
Old 06-19-08, 01:08 AM
meefer
Lead Lap

Almost any mod would be "manlier" since most modded cars are driven by men but the darker you go, I think the "manlier" it is. Gunmetal everything!

On a budget: smoke vinyls for rear reflectors and tails, tint, evil looking sunglasses.

Pricier but manlier: exhaust, springs, black pearl badges, GFX kit, non-chrome grill/grill surround, blackout headlights.

Most expensive: coilovers, wheels, painting the whole damn car, CF anything, BBK.

At the end of the day, if you're the only one driving it, it's a manly car (you're a guy). Besides, silver isn't a girly color....now that starfire pearl/cashmere combo.....
Old 06-19-08, 05:51 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meefer
Besides, silver isn't a girly color....now that starfire pearl/cashmere combo.....
Whoa, what are you trying to imply? lol
Old 06-19-08, 06:08 AM
greg0723
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

make your grill grow a beard?
Old 06-19-08, 08:17 AM
MCL1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by greg0723
make your grill grow a beard?

HAHAHAHA. NOW THAT IS FUNNY.
Old 06-19-08, 09:07 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

IS NIICE has a nice car and its Silver.. I think what he did made it "manly" but i think it looks sportier which i like.

But How about:
-Smoked taillights
-dark tint
-drop (even springs will work)
-Black pearl emblems
-aggressive body kit
-roof spoiler
-black roof
-a mesh front grille ( but i like LX-mode )

I drive a silver car, but mine is stock. I think its kind of boring but i love it when people mug me and drop their jaws that i can drive a Lexus
Old 06-19-08, 10:04 AM
Gypsy
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the feedback.

Everyone here seems a tad bit defensive about this discussion which I understand, and I know this is a topic that has been discussed before. I personally love the car I drive, and I am not trying to show everyone "Hey look how manly I am". If I really cared about that I would get a raised truck with the nuts on the trailer hitch.

I am more concerned about not just having the same silver IS250 that I see on every corner driven by some asian mom. I live in LA and there are TONS of IS's on the street, and I would rather mine stood out a little more.

The manly topic was aimed to get a response and I did. Thanks to everyone who gave me some plausible mods for the price, I now have a much better idea of what I want to do with the car.
Old 06-19-08, 10:11 AM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISWillie
I don't care what you drive. If you're a man, you're a man.
(Well, ok, with the possible exception of a Miata).
very true.
Old 06-19-08, 10:11 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Gypsy
Thanks for all the feedback.

Everyone here seems a tad bit defensive about this discussion which I understand, and I know this is a topic that has been discussed before. I personally love the car I drive, and I am not trying to show everyone "Hey look how manly I am". If I really cared about that I would get a raised truck with the nuts on the trailer hitch.

I am more concerned about not just having the same silver IS250 that I see on every corner driven by some asian mom. I live in LA and there are TONS of IS's on the street, and I would rather mine stood out a little more.

The manly topic was aimed to get a response and I did. Thanks to everyone who gave me some plausible mods for the price, I now have a much better idea of what I want to do with the car.

I found your problem!

Theres people like: JavyLSU,Pocky, Hartaway, IS NIICE, JoeZ, etc.. with some nicely modded 2IS in socal that you will need to do some major mods to separate yourself from the rest of the pack.
Old 06-19-08, 10:12 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vietloc
Get a customized license plate that says "NOTAWMN"
This produced some good laughs for me!!!!

I like to suction cup cartoon characters to random windows of my 250 at different times to exhibit the manly sense of the vehicle. Despite the adolescent theme demonstrated, the stuffed animal manliness supersedes this. For Halloween, I am dressing up the car like a pumpkin complete with a green sharkfin for the stem.
Old 06-19-08, 10:41 AM
Namster
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I notice that most of the time girls drive stock IS especially in white, silver, red, and sometimes dark color. 2 of the girls I know drive a white IS. So if you want your IS to look a bit manly, do a little simple mod as ^ mentioned above. Whatever you do, don't mod your IS by putting stuff animals or hello kitty stickers or anything hanging on your rear view mirror...lol!

Quick Reply: Making your IS more Manly