IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I got my first ticket in the IS. I hate cops...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-08, 11:23 PM
Lilflip#2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my first ticket in the IS. I hate cops...

I got pulled over tonight because my muffler is loud according to the cop that pulled me over. I wasn't speeding and wasn't doing ****.

I tried to get my way out of it by saying it was a factory HKS exhaust but he didn't buy it and he asked me to pop my hood. He saw my intake had no carb stickers on it and he basically wrote me up for a fix it ticket.

However, I guess they have car meets in front of where I got pulled over and the cop just decided it was my lucky day.

He wants my car to get inspected by a state referee and I need a certificate from them. I have no idea why I just can't take my car to a chp but I need to get the car smog now. To protect and to serve.

I had no idea the Fujita F5 wasn't carb legal. You guys think i can get away w/ the HKS catback (non factory)? Man first the Lakers lose and now this...
Old 06-12-08, 11:29 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL the Hi-Power as OEM option... gl with that
Old 06-12-08, 11:31 PM
Lilflip#2
Pole Position

It's not even a ticket I can get signed off I dont think... What the yell is a state referee and what are they gonna do to my car?
Old 06-12-08, 11:31 PM
nsxiboi
Lead Lap

sorry to hear that. I'm bummed that the lakers lost too...
Old 06-12-08, 11:36 PM
Lilflip#2
Pole Position

On the ticket he put a sticker that says, "vehicle must be removed from the roadway immediately and may not be driven until in compliance". this crap is stupid.
Old 06-13-08, 12:14 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I know disappointing lost. i watched the first half and said "they got this" and i come back home and see that they lost

I think all you need to do is get a cop to sign off that you fixed the citation?

So this brings another question, If we get pulled over for the JoeZ, will we need to replace the pipe to stock for the fix it ticket, or could we pass it as oem?

Sorry for your bad night Lilflip! im thinking the mods you have are only fix-it tickets.
Old 06-13-08, 12:29 AM
ISFTW
Driver

Originally Posted by Lilflip#2
It's not even a ticket I can get signed off I dont think... What the yell is a state referee and what are they gonna do to my car?
A state referee will perform a decibel test on your car to see if your HKS is within the California 95 db legal limit. They will also pop your hood and make sure anything non-OEM is carb exempt, so be ready to provide some sort of documentation if your intake doesn't have a stamp/sticker. If you're in the OC you can set an appointment to have this done at Goldenwest College.

Last edited by ISFTW; 06-13-08 at 12:35 AM.
Old 06-13-08, 12:37 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just take out your intake and your exhaust.
Old 06-13-08, 12:43 AM
RoTaRy
Driver School Candidate

Awful news to hear. On the flip side I'm glad LA lost. Go Boston!
Old 06-13-08, 12:55 AM
Lilflip#2
Pole Position

The HKS hi power is under 95 db right? My fujita didn't come w/ a stamp so I'm guessing it isn't carb exempt.

If i take all the parts off my car will they give me crap if I just show up w/o anything I got cited for?
Old 06-13-08, 01:08 AM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn that sucks i came acroos this and it helped me out alot ...
http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/...y.asp?state=CA
it is actually pretty accurate ...i got pulled over in orange...
Old 06-13-08, 01:48 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

same thing what happened on my honda civic about 6 years ago...i was actually playing dumb about my intake, he asked for the carb sticker, i told him i don't know that he's talking about. i told him that the vendor didin't explained to me about the law... he still gave me a damn ticket. first for mdified exhaust, then on the air intake. went to pierce college for referee inspection for about $60 put my stock intake and put the silencer on my exhaust... after that chp inspect it. went to court. fined $20 for the ticket...$10 per violation. BUT after all that, put all my aftermarket back.... IF YOURE IN THE SFV .. pierce college in woodland hills GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 06-13-08, 03:04 AM
LEXMAN350
Pole Position

I live in downtown LA and I got pulled over right after the Laker game. I thought he was pulling me over for my HID kit but that wasn't it. So then I thought it was my exhaust but that wasn't the case. It was because of my tinted windows. After he told me the reason for pulling me over. He asked me to rev my engine a few times and looked under my hood to find the F-Sport intake with the stickers and having a tanabe exhaust at 93 DB he just warned me that it is illegal to have your front windows tinted then drove off. I guess I got lucky but sorry that happened to you man. Lakers losing was a big upset!
Old 06-13-08, 03:37 AM
ebell
Driver School Candidate

Go Celtics
Old 06-13-08, 06:55 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you boys/gals have it tough in CA....we just have the front plate and tinted windows they like to complain about. Thats another reason I got the Tanabe is it really is not that loud but gives it a nice sport tone!

G/L with everything. Here you can remove or put on the stuff and show up with pics that you have taken care of it and they will 9 out of 10 times just drop it. Hope that is the case for you also.

Quick Reply: I got my first ticket in the IS. I hate cops...