IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Problem about my IS250 AWD?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-08, 11:21 PM
ccw998
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem about my IS250 AWD?

Yesterday My mechanic did the oil change, installed lowering spring and alignment for my car. I felt that car's engine has very minor shaking when I pressed down the brake. It happend when I only pressed down the brake. If I changed to N or P, the engine was very quiet. Is there anything related to what my mechanic did yesterday? or it is normal or just my suspicion?

Please give me some suggestion.

Thanks!!

Last edited by ccw998; 06-09-08 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-09-08, 09:16 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ccw998
Yesterday My mechanic did the oil change, installed lowering spring and alignment for my car. I felt that car's engine has very minor shaking when I pressed down the brake. It happend when I only pressed down the brake. If I changed to N or P, the engine was very quiet. Is there anything related to what my mechanic did yesterday? or it is normal or just my suspicion?

Thanks!!
This is not normal and should not be a result of springs having been installed. I would take it back asap and describe the issue and allow the techs to test drive. Please post the rectified result if determined.
Old 06-09-08, 12:29 PM
Electric
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ccw998

Thanks!!
Its not the engine doing it. My car does the same exact thing and Ive talked to a couple other people on here whose does it also. Not sure what its from and dont care enough to check it out, I dont even notice it anymore. It only happens when Im in reverse and holding down the brake. Weird, but nonetheless, been like that for 8000 miles now, doesnt bother me. My brother installed my springs, he is a veteran Toyota mechanic and has done springs in over 30 cars if not more. Do you have Eibach springs?