IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Has anyone been to Lexus.com lately?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-08, 05:05 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone been to Lexus.com lately?

Has anyone been to Lexus.com lately specifically in the past few days? I went there yesterday to see what the MSRP would be on a fully loaded IS250 RW auto and when I tried none of the usual options were available. The only option was the 18 inch rims. The packages are still there for all the other models, 350/250AWD/250RW MT, it's just the 250RW AT that doesn't have options anymore. Does anyone know what the deal is? Is this supposed to be an indication of something to come????
Old 06-05-08, 07:17 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JKA.nyc
Has anyone been to Lexus.com lately specifically in the past few days? I went there yesterday to see what the MSRP would be on a fully loaded IS250 RW auto and when I tried none of the usual options were available. The only option was the 18 inch rims. The packages are still there for all the other models, 350/250AWD/250RW MT, it's just the 250RW AT that doesn't have options anymore. Does anyone know what the deal is? Is this supposed to be an indication of something to come????
That's how they come configured for the NY area. That's why the site makes you put in your zip. Put in a SoCal zip, and you will see a difference. The just dont ship the RWD 250 to the NE with many variations.
Old 06-05-08, 07:35 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

I know that, but I've done it before and was allowed to pick options (luxury package, sport package) besides just the 18 inch rims, and I highly doubt the only option they would allow the IS250 to be configured with in my area is with 18 in rims
Old 06-05-08, 07:45 PM
DrGP
Driver

Just leased an IS250 AWD on Monday. Sales rep told me some interesting info:

1) IS250 RWD is no longer being made. Said that the website is not up to date . Told me(and he could be wrong) that the IS250 is now available only as an AWD model and the IS350 as a RWD as it always has been.

2) ALL the IS250s NOW delivered to the US (that are not special ordered) come 1 of come 2 ways. With or without NAV. They all have the same options . Premium Package, High intensity Headlamps, and Preferred Accessory package. If you want other options the car must be ordered or the dealer would add other available options.

Don't know if this is really the way it is or the sales rep was blowing smoke up my skirt.
Old 06-05-08, 07:48 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Why would Lexus delete the IS250 RWD in this time of high gas prices?? That doesn't make much sense. Maybe they want to sell less cars. Dumb.
Old 06-05-08, 08:10 PM
DrGP
Driver

Originally Posted by Turbo_gg
Why would Lexus delete the IS250 RWD in this time of high gas prices?? That doesn't make much sense. Maybe they want to sell less cars. Dumb.
It seems to me that car companies are slow to react to changes in economic conditions. Perhaps decisions were made some time ago. Perhaps my sales rep is misinformed. Fewer models make it much easier to keep an inventory for dealers to trade. Most likely, they were selling too few RWD cars nationally to continue to make them figuring most buyer would still buy the IS250 with AWD instead of RWD even if it cost more and used a little more gas.????
Old 06-05-08, 08:24 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

Or they could be making way for the 09 model right? someone said it was coming in September in another thread on this forum...
Old 06-06-08, 06:52 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

Still shows everything under the 250 RWD tab.

(that's the link I always check since it doesn't hobble you with zip code restrictions)

I'd be surprised if the dealer you spoke to isn't as full of BS as most dealers who have no idea what they're talking about.
Old 06-06-08, 06:58 AM
isdmc
Driver School Candidate

Default Is 250 Rwd

DrGP, your dealer is full of it. The vast majority if IS's sold in the US are IS 250 RWD. Very few of the AWD are sold in the south and west, mostly in the NE and mid-west.
Old 06-06-08, 07:55 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 564 Likes on 386 Posts

^^ agreed. They may abandon 250 RWD in NY (aside from special orders), but there is no way they are going to force AWD and the subsequent MPG loss in places like Texas and California
Old 06-06-08, 08:08 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

it's rare enough to sea a 350 in the NE, let alone a regular 250.

but yea, I share the same consensus with the previous 2 posts. doesn't make sense to force the nation with buying the AWD only. shoot, I don't get why they shipped so few RWD's to the NE in the first place >=O
Old 06-06-08, 09:20 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JKA.nyc
I know that, but I've done it before and was allowed to pick options (luxury package, sport package) besides just the 18 inch rims, and I highly doubt the only option they would allow the IS250 to be configured with in my area is with 18 in rims
I know that the configuration of cars allocated to PA recently changed. Probably same in NY.
Old 06-06-08, 09:24 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DrGP
Just leased an IS250 AWD on Monday. Sales rep told me some interesting info:

1) IS250 RWD is no longer being made. Said that the website is not up to date . Told me(and he could be wrong) that the IS250 is now available only as an AWD model and the IS350 as a RWD as it always has been.

2) ALL the IS250s NOW delivered to the US (that are not special ordered) come 1 of come 2 ways. With or without NAV. They all have the same options . Premium Package, High intensity Headlamps, and Preferred Accessory package. If you want other options the car must be ordered or the dealer would add other available options.

Don't know if this is really the way it is or the sales rep was blowing smoke up my skirt.
The website is not up to date? This just shows what a moron the salesman is--it's not like his dealership's website, with inventory so out of date it's not funny. Does he REALLY think that Lexus would be so dumb to put cars on their website that they no longer produce?? Besides consumer backlash, bad marketing and PR, wouldnt it be illegal??
Old 06-06-08, 09:48 AM
DrGP
Driver

Originally Posted by tex2670
The website is not up to date? This just shows what a moron the salesman is--it's not like his dealership's website, with inventory so out of date it's not funny. Does he REALLY think that Lexus would be so dumb to put cars on their website that they no longer produce?? Besides consumer backlash, bad marketing and PR, wouldnt it be illegal??
I'm not a Lexus expert. Just repeating what was told to me. My experience has been that slales reps are not the most reliable or knowlegable when it comes to informanation about the cars they are selling. Anyone try calling a Lexus dealership to find out about availability of the RWD cars? BTW, my local dealership's website does not give you access to current inventory.
Old 06-06-08, 10:18 AM
mikeho
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kurtz
http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

Still shows everything under the 250 RWD tab.

(that's the link I always check since it doesn't hobble you with zip code restrictions)

I'd be surprised if the dealer you spoke to isn't as full of BS as most dealers who have no idea what they're talking about.
Kind off topic, but anyone notice that on that page that Kurtz referenced, they have a picture of an IS250 AWD on the banner of the IS350 tab? I noticed first because of the wheels...

Quick Reply: Has anyone been to Lexus.com lately?