Gettin' Attention From People Who Appreciate

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-08, 12:44 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by imaputz
no problem Mike =). Glad another IS owner has them

You should post some pictures of your car-- I think myself and others would like to check it out

-David
Did you get new rims? when i saw you at the bbq i thought you had the same rims as the ones we saw at the hamburger run?

Post pictures mike!
Old 06-03-08, 01:05 PM
mikeho
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no problem Mike =). Glad another IS owner has them

You should post some pictures of your car-- I think myself and others would like to check it out

-David
Haha.. yes, yes.. I'll post some pics soon. I just bought some sweet lenses for my camera (they cost more than my F-Sport setup!), but I need to coordinate having the time and having my car clean to take pictures! Maybe I'll take some this weekend and post it next week? =)

Originally Posted by Mesca
Heh glad you're getting the GOOD kind of attention and not the one from haters =p what kind of wheels do you have btw?
I got the Work Emotion XT-7s (see my sig).

Originally Posted by 350forMe
they probably thought it was an IS-F with all those Fsport options hahaha, sorry id stick with my 350 you can keep your sticks :-P
You know, it's funny. One part I left out of the story was that a younger Asian employee was saying, "You know they have an IS with quad-pipes?" I was laughing silently because as much as I love the power of the IS-F, I think those quad-pipes are fugly. Most of my F-Sport options are hidden and they probably don't know about it (except for the chassis brace if they bothered to look).

Originally Posted by 408IS350
Get some pics up. I'd like to see the wheels on your ride. BTW, thanks for the review on Rocky Mountain Tint. I got the same setup as you and I'm very happy with the results.
Glad you like it!

Originally Posted by Fearlessfx
sounds like a tight setup.

how is the Fsports quickshifter treatin ya?
Originally Posted by ihkskim
did u install the F-SPort quickshifter? how does it feel after?
I love the quick shifter. Man, it completely changes the feel of the car and is much nicer to drive. It takes about 2 weeks for the shifter to loosen back up to a more stock-like feel, but with the throw much shorter, it's a big difference. I can even feel quicker acceleration because my shifting time is shortened. They say 31% shorter, but it feels more than that. If you have an IS250M, this is a must-have. The cost + installation is worth every penny. This is how they should've made the IS250M in the first place. If they did, there'd be more MT owners.

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
Did you get new rims? when i saw you at the bbq i thought you had the same rims as the ones we saw at the hamburger run?

Post pictures mike!
Sadly, I didn't make it to the hamburger run. My schedule had changed and I wasn't able to be there. Maybe at the next meet!
Old 06-03-08, 03:10 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post pictures mike!
Yep, they are the same... I'm still on the Volk rims. I put them on a month or so before the Hamburger run.

My previous rims were the Work Emotions- which I sold to Mike - but he was unable to attend the meet last time.

-David
Old 06-03-08, 03:12 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Yep, they are the same... I'm still on the Volk rims. I put them on a month or so before the Hamburger run.

My previous rims were the Work Emotions- which I sold to Mike - but he was unable to attend the meet last time.

-David
Gotcha, I was considering the emotions but im not sure how they would look on a lighter colored IS.

Cant wait to see how they look on a black IS though

P.S: it was nice seeing you again at the bbq, i parked in front of you that day and we talked with josephdoc
Old 06-03-08, 03:15 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got some attn alright early this am from a state trooper. got the walk around of the car, looked to make sure I have both plates on, and then for about 30 min a debate about my tinted windows....guess who won that???
Old 06-03-08, 03:42 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Heres one of my fav stories about driving with my car:

My friend and I were driving in some slow traffic and as we passed a bus stop there was this girl about 13-14ish and my friend turns to me and says, 'look the young tuna checking out your car haha...', i just smiled, then after we passed the bus stop we rode along in silence for about 10sec then my friend says to me in a deal calm voice, 'i gotta get me one of these...'
llama. my car is the biggest chick magnet. except with girls that are legal. on sunday i was at a hookah place and some girl came up to me and started talking about it saying how she loves how it looks and she has a 250, and before that i was eating dinner and some beaautiful girl came up and asked if it was my car, and i said yes--and she simply said "it's nice" and kept walking. and ive had a girl roll up to me in a CLS and tell me that my car was sick.

that's why there are so many haters on the planet--cause all their girlfriends want us.

oh and extreme...this is for you. pulled this outta the bbq meet. only pic of my car haha.

Last edited by IS_NIICE; 06-03-08 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-03-08, 04:41 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS_NIICE

oh and extreme...this is for you. pulled this outta the bbq meet. only pic of my car haha.

Dang, that baby is HOTT! Talk about bringing sexy back

Cant wait to see it in person
Old 06-03-08, 05:12 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dang, that baby is HOTT! Talk about bringing sexy back

Cant wait to see it in person
thank you. i dunno if my car deserves all that but thanks haha