IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just wanted to thank everyone for a great time and all your help! Its time to replace

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-08, 07:58 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike! You better not leave me, just as im about to buy my IS350!

lol

if you want, we can exchange PM with Cell Numbers! Im going to need help with my MODS!..Brian can't do it all on his own hehehe

Besides, You still have to stay on CL so we can have our Daily Song Downloads
Old 06-03-08, 08:00 AM
shadow191
Pole Position

The IS back seat just isn't well suited for infant seats. No one over ~5'5" or so can sit in the front passenger seat if the baby seat is in my car. Also, the trunk is tiny. I can barely fit the stroller in there. It's why I'm getting an Infiniti FX to complement the IS.

Originally Posted by ckeck
Sorry to hear about you selling your car...but I have a question that I don't understand to this day.

Why is the general rule of thought that one must sell their current car to buy a mini-van or SUV for one child? Especially while they are a baby and don't need hardly any space? If the car were a coupe I could see the problem getting into the backseat all the time and messing with a baby seat, but a 4-door sedan? I just don't get it...

And before anyone bashes me for not having kids and not understanding, I do have a 10 month old niece who I babysit all the time and take around with me
Old 06-03-08, 08:54 AM
ckeck
Rookie

Originally Posted by shadow191
The IS back seat just isn't well suited for infant seats. No one over ~5'5" or so can sit in the front passenger seat if the baby seat is in my car. Also, the trunk is tiny. I can barely fit the stroller in there. It's why I'm getting an Infiniti FX to complement the IS.
I'm 6'1" and I can sit in the passenger seat just fine with the baby seat in the back. Are you trying to recline or something?
Old 06-03-08, 09:30 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm 6'1" and I can sit in the passenger seat just fine with the baby seat in the back. Are you trying to recline or something?
Then you must be all torso with short legs.
No way with an infant seat would you be comfortable in frontat 6'1.
There is one infant seat that is made smaller and works better but still....
Plus you can't seat the child in the middle where it's safest.

Last edited by Joeb427; 06-03-08 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-03-08, 10:13 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have another son

He is a bit older but now with 2 kids in the back, stroller, ect...it doesnt leave much room. Figure if we are all out shopping together. I can not, and will not, have loose items in the back of the car as its not safe period.

Its not that I want a SUV. I do not, trust me! This is why she will drive it and I feel more comfortable with her in a bigger vehicle anyway.

We have considered smaller SUV's as I do not need too much room but more cabin space and a place to store stuff with out it being in the back seat.

Hope that makes better sense!
Old 06-03-08, 11:20 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

HAHA...I just got my first offer from my Lexus dealer Looks like my buddy is going to loose my business or its time to change out of Lexus. For a 48k car new about 18 mos old it took the worst deprecation I have seen on any car I have had. If this is the case the car will stay for remainder of my lease. I wont throw money out the window! Funny how they tell me they are so slow and hurting for business
Old 06-03-08, 11:39 AM
likwid8
Pole Position

Why is the general rule of thought that one must sell their current car to buy a mini-van or SUV for one child? Especially while they are a baby and don't need hardly any space? If the car were a coupe I could see the problem getting into the backseat all the time and messing with a baby seat, but a 4-door sedan? I just don't get it...

And before anyone bashes me for not having kids and not understanding, I do have a 10 month old niece who I babysit all the time and take around with me
I never really understood this either until I had my son. The middle row is generally the safest position for infants. Its not hard to get an infant carrier in an out, but to do it on a daily basis gets tiring especially for my wife. Luckily we have a 4runner, but if she had to take my son in and out of my IS and being 8 months pregnant and I'd never hear the end of it. It's always easier to lift kids up into a higher vehicle than it is to bend down in a smaller sedan. Minivans and SUV's just make things easier. Priorities change when you have kids. For me, their safety comes before my personal satisfaction.
Old 06-03-08, 11:56 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by passnu2
HAHA...I just got my first offer from my Lexus dealer Looks like my buddy is going to loose my business or its time to change out of Lexus. For a 48k car new about 18 mos old it took the worst deprecation I have seen on any car I have had. If this is the case the car will stay for remainder of my lease. I wont throw money out the window! Funny how they tell me they are so slow and hurting for business
Yes,350s take a hit on trade ins in winter climate areas.
Yet,they're on the lot for silly numbers.
Like an '06 350 with 36K miles on a local Lexus lot for $40K.
Go figure.
Old 06-03-08, 12:06 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Yes,350s take a hit on trade ins in winter climate areas.
Yet,they're on the lot for silly numbers.
Like an '06 350 with 36K miles on a local Lexus lot for $40K.
Go figure.
Yea but I traded out of a 05 Audi S4 with 40k+ miles also around 18mos into the lease and I walked with 300 cash from the car. The mileage that I had would have cost me so much... I have done this with all my cars (BMW/Acura/Audi) and never had this happen? They said they cant give the 350's away and the F isn't doing so hot either in my area. 2 dings against me even with having low mileage for the first time on any car I have had. Weird thing is 3 mos ago I was a wash to trade out and I wanted to hold off before I made my choice and I guess I should have jumped when I had the chance. I just wanted to get rid of her car and keep mine for the rest of the lease. Its begging of the month also so I will wait it out a few more weeks as I know sales are down across the board in my area. I am sure I will find someone that wants the business

I guess I will shop them to see and also check out other brands. I just need to do my homework first before I start to call places. Worst case I keep both cars and we deal with it. Its not the end of the world but sure would make it easier on certain days.
Old 06-03-08, 12:19 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Here is one at the dealer local to me Joe!

2007 Used

Lexus IS 350

5,917 Mileage

$42,995 Price

Try that on for size. This is used in my area and basically all the options I have. my only difference is I have 19k miles for an 07...they are fighting me that I have high mileage for the year??
Old 06-03-08, 12:29 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by passnu2
Here is one at the dealer local to me Joe!

2007 Used

Lexus IS 350

5,917 Mileage

$42,995 Price

Try that on for size. This is used in my area and basically all the options I have. my only difference is I have 19k miles for an 07...they are fighting me that I have high mileage for the year??
What a joke!
I'm ordering an '09 IS 350 with Nav/ML and the more expensive Luxury Plus package for less than that number.
Old 06-03-08, 12:41 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey good luck with your future plans! Congrats on the new member to your family. Come back and visit once in a while
Old 06-03-08, 12:42 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^^ It does have every option. Its a 49k sticker price. I called and its a demo but they are selling it used. Mine is only minus the headlamp washers and the radar cruise! I have every other OEM option I can get on the car.

I am going to try the private party sale and shop some more dealers. I know I can get more for the car!
Old 06-03-08, 12:47 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
What a joke!
I'm ordering an '09 IS 350 with Nav/ML and the more expensive Luxury Plus package for less than that number.
So Joe,

You finally decided to ditch the 250 (LOL)?
Old 06-03-08, 12:52 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Default :cry::cry:

Hey Mike, wow I hate to see a great IS350 go. You did all the tasteful mods that I admired. Thanks for your help on my future turn signals upgrade. It's a good thing you didn't waste time and $ on your mid pipe project. I sure Brian231 has lost a photo op partner now. But hey family first of course. Good luck in your future and congrads on your soon to be family addition. CL will lose one of the more helpful and insightful members I have come across here. BIG props

Quick Reply: Just wanted to thank everyone for a great time and all your help! Its time to replace