Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee

Nice RaceDeck floor btw!
Old 05-27-08, 09:59 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

sang1975, it looks a little ricey to me. Those chrome grills stand out too much on your black IS.
Old 05-27-08, 10:02 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

I like your wheels and the grill is not that bad, but the grill with those wheels don't go well together. I am not opposed to chrome (if I had the extra $$$ at the time of car purchase, I would've gotten the OEM chrome wheels on my car). I saw an Obsidian IS in a parking lot with a chrome grill (much like yours) and chrome wheels, which didn't look that bad at all. Go with what makes you happy!
Old 05-27-08, 11:17 AM
IEMaestro
Pit Crew

Unfortunately, there is a sense of classism and elitism on this forum. There have been numerous times where I have felt offended with some of the comments made by some members. Comments like "ghetto fabulous" and "vatolicious" are demeaning and insulting.

I've noticed that when a car doesn't conform to the "standards" and preconceived notions that many members of this forum have, they are automatically labeled "ghetto," and/or insulted in some way. I see nothing wrong with chrome wheels or a chrome grill. I think chrome can look classy on any car make and model.
Old 05-27-08, 03:31 PM
cbunz55
Rookie

Originally Posted by IEMaestro
Unfortunately, there is a sense of classism and elitism on this forum. There have been numerous times where I have felt offended with some of the comments made by some members. Comments like "ghetto fabulous" and "vatolicious" are demeaning and insulting.

I've noticed that when a car doesn't conform to the "standards" and preconceived notions that many members of this forum have, they are automatically labeled "ghetto," and/or insulted in some way. I see nothing wrong with chrome wheels or a chrome grill. I think chrome can look classy on any car make and model.
I sincerely agree to the fullest with this comment. I too have been offended at times, but it was cleared up. I feel like a more open mind should be taken when commenting on someones car. Chrome can be great, just in the correct doses and treatment. I too have used the words "ghetto fabulous," but I am ceasing to use it. It is demeaning to some when said about a car and people see it with similar modifications done to their car. I think elitism is evident on this forum, and I do not like it personally. The IS cars do not scream elitist to me, my Z cost way more than my IS is and it took way longer to get. Also, what's the deal with the bad sentiment towards eBay I have been getting? Whenever I have mentioned purchasing on eBay, someone says something demeaning towards me for buying from here instead of a more costly website. I guess people like to pay more for the exact parts I am getting at 2/3 the cost. Just me 2 cents.
Old 05-27-08, 04:40 PM
07IS350
Pole Position

[QUOTE=IEMaestro;3556586]Unfortunately, there is a sense of classism and elitism on this forum. There have been numerous times where I have felt offended with some of the comments made by some members. Comments like "ghetto fabulous" and "vatolicious" are demeaning and insulting.

Originally Posted by cbunz55
I sincerely agree to the fullest with this comment. I too have been offended at times, but it was cleared up. I feel like a more open mind should be taken when commenting on someones car. Chrome can be great, just in the correct doses and treatment. I too have used the words "ghetto fabulous," but I am ceasing to use it. It is demeaning to some when said about a car and people see it with similar modifications done to their car. I think elitism is evident on this forum, and I do not like it personally. The IS cars do not scream elitist to me, my Z cost way more than my IS is and it took way longer to get. Also, what's the deal with the bad sentiment towards eBay I have been getting? Whenever I have mentioned purchasing on eBay, someone says something demeaning towards me for buying from here instead of a more costly website. I guess people like to pay more for the exact parts I am getting at 2/3 the cost. Just me 2 cents.

I wouldnt call it ricy.. I would say its more like umm.. beanerish (if thats even a word). But like alot of people have said, if you like it then that is all that matters.

Last edited by 07IS350; 05-27-08 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-27-08, 04:58 PM
shortbus19
Pole Position

Ya a tad too ricey or blingy. I say keep the grille if you like the style, and just powder coat it black or get it paint matched.
Old 05-27-08, 06:30 PM
2k4CamkilA
Intermediate

paint it black!
Old 05-27-08, 07:24 PM
supa_89
Rookie

It's kool, maybe if the car was another colour the grille would look even nicer..The trick to the grille is finding the perfect wheels with the right finish on them to compliment the whole car.

Last edited by supa_89; 05-27-08 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-20-08, 03:14 PM
shabbyblue
Driver

I say get the grille. You got to go with you gut feeling. Personally I think the painted grilles without the "L" emblem look ricey to me. Chrome is not ghetto. The new Bently's and high end cars come with chrome grilles. This grille would look hot with a white car. Just don't get the chrome door handles, but trust me this is not ghetto, most people on this website don't even know what ghetto is. I asked for opinion and got the same response ghetto, ricey, stands out too much. I think a lot of people just don't like chrome. I've seen this grille in person and I thought it look a lot better that the stock one are some of those other grilles. At least the grille matches from top to bottom you can't say that about the stock one.

Last edited by shabbyblue; 06-20-08 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added more