IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

When I build my Lexus on lexus.com, there is option for ML. What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-08, 10:22 PM
player1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When I build my Lexus on lexus.com, there is option for ML. What should I do?

Hello all,

When I type my area code (DURHAM, NC) and attempt to select packages, there is no ML. However, when I select another zip code (i.e. Anaheim, CA) the ML option is available. What significance does this have? Does this mean that I can't get an IS350 in NC with ML, unless I special order it?

Although I'm new to the forum (this is my first post), I've been perusing this forum religiously and it's been a GREAT help. Thank you all. I

'm hoping to buy an IS 350 within the next few weeks (I decided last week after debating between the 335i coupe and G37 for over a month). I don't really care about navigation but I'll get it IF it's the only way to get ML. I really don't want to special order as I don't think I'll be able to wait 4 months. I'm sure it'll be rare to find an IS350 with the ML w/o navi correct?

With that said, I need your advice: I don't know what to do. I'm interested in an 08, Black on Black, Luxury Package w/ 18 inch wheels. Do you think I should spend another 2-3 grand on navigation if it comes with the ML even though I don't really care about navi? Compared to a non-navi, non-ML IS 350, is the sound system in a navi, non ML IS350 any different?

Also, if any one in the NC/southern VA/northern SC area bought a 2008 IS 350 recently, would you mind PMing me the details about your purchase (i.e. where you bought it from, the negotiation process, who you worked with, and pricing).

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
Old 05-12-08, 11:34 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no custom build. The configurator in lex-dot-com only warns your local dealers about your preference so a good salesman will find the best matching one to meet your needs.

If you walk in and ask for a special build one... yes they will order it but you will have to pay at full sticker rate. BUT... maybe the 100% matching after 3 months of waiting is just another stock model that meets your preference, and they still want 100% sticker price.

My 2cents reply!

Best luck,
Joseph
Old 05-13-08, 07:53 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by josephdoc
There is no custom build. The configurator in lex-dot-com only warns your local dealers about your preference so a good salesman will find the best matching one to meet your needs.

If you walk in and ask for a special build one... yes they will order it but you will have to pay at full sticker rate. BUT... maybe the 100% matching after 3 months of waiting is just another stock model that meets your preference, and they still want 100% sticker price.

My 2cents reply!

Best luck,
Joseph
Absolutely untrue. No reasonable dealer will expect full sticker price for a special order, mine sure didn't. You're walking in, cash in hand, to offer a guaranteed sale with NO sales effort on his part besides filling out some papers. Why would he NOT want to do that? Salespeople who don't like special orders, or who insist on punishing you with threats of full sticker if you insist on ordering, make no sense to me.

If you're interested in a special order do this-
Go to Johnson Lexus in Durham, ask for Jeremy Bridger, the sales manager. Tell him Ted sent you and you want to special order an IS350. He'll take care of you and NOT be expecting full MSRP for the car either.

Mine took about 2.5 months to get by the way.

And yes, if you want ML without nav you -will- need to special order, they don't build them like that anywhere in the US. That's one of the reasons I special ordered (the fact it's the only way to get the sport package around here is the other reason I did so).

BTW- the audio in a non-nav non-ML is the same as the audio in a nav non-ML car, except for the look of the display (using the radio face vs. using the nav screen)
Old 05-13-08, 07:58 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Absolutely untrue. No reasonable dealer will expect full sticker price for a special order, mine sure didn't. You're walking in, cash in hand, to offer a guaranteed sale with NO sales effort on his part besides filling out some papers. Why would he NOT want to do that? Salespeople who don't like special orders, or who insist on punishing you with threats of full sticker if you insist on ordering, make no sense to me.

If you're interested in a special order do this-
Go to Johnson Lexus in Durham, ask for Jeremy Bridger, the sales manager. Tell him Ted sent you and you want to special order an IS350. He'll take care of you and NOT be expecting full MSRP for the car either.

Mine took about 2.5 months to get by the way.

And yes, if you want ML without nav you -will- need to special order, they don't build them like that anywhere in the US. That's one of the reasons I special ordered (the fact it's the only way to get the sport package around here is the other reason I did so).

BTW- the audio in a non-nav non-ML is the same as the audio in a nav non-ML car, except for the look of the display (using the radio face vs. using the nav screen)
Kurtz, it is good that you referred this member to your respective dealer for potentially less hassles with a special order. As for the ML without Nav, I have seen some of these around the US. They are very rare and were possibly special ordered or produced for a Lexus test market.
Old 05-13-08, 08:05 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've spoke to my dealer about a 'special order' on a 350 and was told $1500 over invoice.
I'd like ML without NAV too.
Old 05-13-08, 08:12 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I've spoke to my dealer about a 'special order' on a 350 and was told $1500 over invoice.
I'd like ML without NAV too.
Joe,

I thought you were keeping your AWD (LOL)?
Old 05-13-08, 08:18 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian231
Joe,

I thought you were keeping your AWD (LOL)?
As you know,I had the bug but I'm keeping the 250...for now.
However,I may wake up tomorrow and buy but I'm trying to wait till the redesign.I don't think I can wait till '12,though.
I just haven't seen or spoke to Koz lately.He talks me out of it.
I just asked about the 350 when we went for the RX 350.