IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Would you get the exact same IS?
I'd get the exact same car - model, options & color!
18.99%
I'd downgrade/upgrade to 250/350/F.
16.76%
I'd get a different color.
6.70%
I'd get different options.
13.97%
I'd mix the choices above.
12.29%
I'd get an entirely different car.
31.28%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Would you get the same IS next time?

Old 05-07-08, 06:27 PM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mix and match, probably an IS350...

But I don't want an autotragic!!
Old 05-07-08, 07:58 PM
Lex Law
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sirkfc
I still think the IS350 is the best car out there in the price range, especially when you consider the true OTD selling price. I'd keep mine, though I do wish I got memory seats and the tilting mirrors function. It's embarassing how far I park away from the curb sometimes... It was my mistake to assume the memory seats and tilting mirrors were standard, or at least with the "premium package"...
I recalled the tilt-away wheel function in time to change up my special order and add the Luxury Package. Seemed too much for just the tilting mirrors (since I didn't need memory). Love that wheel for getting in and out. I got a charlie horse for the first time last night. It was in my left posterior neck and it actually woke me up. I think it may be due to my seat being too high, and me having to crook my neck to get in and out of the car. Now if the seat also went down automatically!

I really don't see a car on the road that I'd prefer to my IS. People around here just don't drive $100K cars, and they really can't out-tech my car, out-style or have softer leather, just more power while driving with the same speed limits as I do. The IS is IT (for my ballpark price).

If they come out with an ISx50 AWD convertible, or a redesign, then I'll think about altering my 10-year ownership pattern. I don't care how nice the Hyundai Genesis is, it won't have the same sporty look as my IS, and the new TSX is no better in the pictures than the old TSX. Everything else that I considered was already on dealer lots. If I wanted to spend 50% more, I'd get a black/black MB E-Series, but I don't know that I'd be happier, just apprehensive about reliability.
Old 05-07-08, 09:37 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leaning towards GS on my next purchase. Been researching the GS and BMW 5 series/335i but will most likely stay with Lex for reliabilty.
Old 05-08-08, 12:05 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Wow, I see the clear winner in the votes and I'm surprised - don't know why though.

I've owned about 10 cars and Lexus is the best overall, guess you can call me a "lifer". lol
Old 05-08-08, 08:31 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Wow, I see the clear winner in the votes and I'm surprised - don't know why though.
If you did the same poll in the LS forum, I'll bet you'd get the results you were expecting. Lexus knows its traditional luxury car customers to a "T".

This segment is more crowded and competitive, and Lexus is newer to serving it. Some of their choices, such as the decision not to offer all wheel drive or a manual transmission with the more potent engine may not jibe with the desires of buyers coming from cars like the WRX, Evo, Audi S4/RS4, etc.

Plus I think many performance car enthusiasts just like a bit of variety. I have a favorite restaurant, but I wouldn't want to go to it every time I eat out.
Old 05-08-08, 08:49 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Its not about the quality of the car its just having something different. To me having the same car takes away from the excitment of it being a NEW car. IMO then its not really a NEW car its just nice and clean!!!

I guess we are all different. I have only stuck with one make for several years but they where leased for work and being friends with the owner I was driving the Acura TL while my co-workers where driving a Ford Taurus I had to take advantage of that set up!! It was at no cost to me But the quality of that car went down hill very fast and I will not step foot in another TL.

Personally I would like to get and RS4...this is what I was going to purchase when I got the IS coming from the S4 but the gas was just to crazy for the amount I used to drive. Now that I am not driving as much I wish I had given the car a shot. It may just end up being the replacement for the IS come next summer?!?!?
Old 05-08-08, 09:13 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would have got the same IS350 but with a different package.

I will get the NAVI as the backup camera is an indispensible tool. I can live without Mark Levinson but in Canada, Navi is bundled with Mark Levinson for IS350.
Old 05-08-08, 01:02 PM
BballMike
Rookie

Since this car is already at the upper end of my budget, I can't imagine getting more car...loving every minute so far. That said, I wish I coulda got Nav and ML, but it wasn't available.

P.S. Black is a pain to keep clean, but worth every hour of detailing on a sunny day!
Old 05-11-08, 02:41 PM
Lex Law
Pole Position

Well said, Bichon

Originally Posted by Bichon
If you did the same poll in the LS forum, I'll bet you'd get the results you were expecting. Lexus knows its traditional luxury car customers to a "T".

This segment is more crowded and competitive, and Lexus is newer to serving it. Some of their choices, such as the decision not to offer all wheel drive or a manual transmission with the more potent engine may not jibe with the desires of buyers coming from cars like the WRX, Evo, Audi S4/RS4, etc.

Plus I think many performance car enthusiasts just like a bit of variety. I have a favorite restaurant, but I wouldn't want to go to it every time I eat out.
Old 05-11-08, 05:08 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

If I had to choose today... I would get the same car. But I have only had my car about 7 months. Now if something happened next year or so... I would get the GT-R.
Old 05-11-08, 11:34 PM
Bigstdawg
Rookie

Don't think I would change anything - unless a coupe was available - that would be sweet!
Old 05-12-08, 01:11 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Will definitely buy another IS if they have MT for 350/F
Old 05-12-08, 07:35 AM
sykocus
Lead Lap

After my accident my car isn't the same. I tried to get it totaled. I tried to get the dealer to take it as a trade in for what I owe. Given the horrible treatment by my dealer I don't see my next car being a lexus. I test drove a G37, it was nice, but in the end the dealer wanted too much. I'm thinking about the BWM 1-series, so far they don't have any on island yet.
Old 06-01-08, 09:00 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

I would probably get a 335i or a A5
Old 06-01-08, 11:14 PM
RoTaRy
Driver School Candidate

Jaguar XF Supercharged! I'd probably be the first chick in it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you get the same IS next time?