48.72%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

i have a dilemma...>=[

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-08, 06:40 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly.....(I'm not telling you what to do with your money) I would save and look for an investment. Hell maybe in 3-5 years you can have a 911. Good luck.
Old 05-05-08, 06:47 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

woah, a 911? you serious? that is a huge step. remember, im only 19. i dont plan on buying myself huge presents(unless its a place to live) until i pay back my parents for the stuff they gave me over my lifetime(including my IS).
Old 05-05-08, 06:48 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by passnu2
I say get the bike...but go with the 1000rr..I had one and they are a great bike. Many get a 500cc or 750cc and then trade out of it 1 year later for the 1000cc. I say do it right and here you go!
+1 spend a few grand more and get the 1000cc
Old 05-05-08, 07:00 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

if i was going to get a 1kcc, it would be the r1, but also, im not trying to bust into my trust fund for this, but only the money im making now.
Old 05-05-08, 07:06 PM
kargahi
Driver

Cool T.O. sux

Originally Posted by EyeEstwo50
2 things,

first, what is "T.O."

and seconds....$18k....for a sports bike? or like a cruiser thing?

oh, sorry
- T.O. is Toronto Ontario, so i live in Canada... weather here is supper *****, so u can ride ur bike for 4-6 months

- second, bike price is between $4K for a 2000 Yamaha r6 to ~$12k for a new R6, then u have all ur gears to buy which would be roughly around $1500 ( if u wana buy something safe, which would keep u alive if u fall) and then the beautiful insurance quote (insurance is exteremlly retarded in Canada, its way more expensive than our south side neighbor) i had an accident a couple of years back, which i totaled my car and because my car was heavily moded and stuff my insurance fu**ed me over pretty hard so my insurance for an R6 would go for something between ~$5k - $7K a year which u have to pay it all in the beginning of each new season so yeah, just buy adding them up u get something around ~$14K for one year and then each year after that... u gotta pay ~$4K for 6 months... i dunno, it was kinda not affordable looking at my budget but alot of people can afforded it i believe.

one last thing... take a look at this video
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/05/v...e-youre-ahead/
Old 05-05-08, 07:15 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

i will not be racing....at all, nor will i be a jackass on the street. i want it for the gas mileage mostly. and something fun to ride during the 5-7 months of nice riding weather around here.
Old 05-05-08, 09:21 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 580 Likes on 399 Posts

You people seriously telling a 19y.o. to get a liter bike for his first bike? Dirt bike experience does not carry over to street bikes because there are so many more factors to consider.

Get a Ninja 500,
- It's cheaper
- Insurance on the 750 will kill you (let alone the 1000)
- You can still have fun on it.
Old 05-05-08, 11:18 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EyeEstwo50
woah, a 911? you serious? that is a huge step. remember, im only 19. i dont plan on buying myself huge presents(unless its a place to live) until i pay back my parents for the stuff they gave me over my lifetime(including my IS).
19? Get a head start......but if I were to get a bike start small with a Ninja and work your way up. Is it your first bike? if it is expect to drop it once or twice.
Old 05-06-08, 07:11 AM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

i already got insurance quoted and they said it would be 1100 a year for liability.

Originally Posted by Allen K
You people seriously telling a 19y.o. to get a liter bike for his first bike? Dirt bike experience does not carry over to street bikes because there are so many more factors to consider.

Get a Ninja 500,
- It's cheaper
i have ridden street bikes before, this wont be completely new to me.
Old 05-06-08, 09:15 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Did someone say "Motorcycle"?

O.K. There's a motorcycle question on the 2IS Forum...

First and foremost, what is more functional for you? Is it better for you to have a more performance oriented vehicle (your IS with mods)? Or is it better for you to have a second vehicle for enthusiastic rides (the bike)?

Personally, I think that having a two stock vehicles are better than a modded single vehicle.

That being said, I voted for you to get the bike.

And I do want to say that I am against a young rider buying a more powerful bike. It is unncessesary and dangerous. I myself am an experienced rider, and I see too many young riders that injure themselves due to a lack of experience and excessive over-confidence.

A GSXR 750 is great, but do realize that it is a powerful bike (even if it isn't 1000cc), expensive to insure, but easy to maintain and modify. If you want a powerful bike that costs less to insure but is quite reliable, a Yamaha FZ6 or SV650S will provide as much pleasure without the aggressive performance for potential injury. Also, you can find those two bikes used for much cheaper (usually two years old with less than 10k miles for near $4k) because they are not as popular as GSXRs, and will not be ridden as hard or modified so heavily as GSXRs, or have the potential of being dropped and damaged without full disclosure.

Good luck! And post pics of that bike when you get it!!!
Old 05-06-08, 09:51 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love bikes, especially the Suzuki GSRR 750. I voted that you save the money for mods. Consider the insurance and cost of ownership for another item.
Old 05-06-08, 10:56 AM
cbunz55
Rookie

Get the bike. Better fuel mileage, alot of fun in warm weather, and plenty of time down the road to do mods to the IS. A deal on a good bike rarely comes around. I have been looking for a GOOD bike for a good price for a while now, probably 1 1/2 years. All you run across for a steal are POS. I say, once again, GSXR.
Old 05-06-08, 11:42 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

rideeen down pch while im stuntin on my gixxaaa
Old 05-06-08, 11:47 AM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

I say get the bike, i also wouldn't suggest a 1000cc as your first bike. The deal on the bike won't always be available unlke the mods which will always be there and maybe even cheaper later on.

I had an 03 R6 and had to sell because the wife was always worried when I rode it. I really miss the bike and have been wanting to get another one as soon as I get the $$$ and permission .

Although the flat black color is cool it really isn't the safest, most riders will tell you to ride a brightly colored bike, especially for your first bike, so other mortorist can see you. You can be the best rider in the world but if people in cars can't see you, your chances of hitting pavement is increased. Just a thought.
Old 05-06-08, 12:28 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RaZoRaMoN
I really miss the bike and have been wanting to get another one as soon as I get the $$$ and permission
It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Get a bike!!!

Quick Reply: i have a dilemma...>=[