IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

=( Stupid raccoons

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-08, 06:25 AM
Scythe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default =( Stupid raccoons

Well i'm pretty upset about this.. i was on my way home from a friends house the other night around 9.00pm, and the area i live in is alot of woods/forests.. usually we're ALWAYS on the watch for deer and other crap jumping out from the woods, since the roads cut through the forests and there is about 1 foot of grass/shoulder between the paved roads and the woods. I'm driving along, and for a split second out of the corner of my right eye i see a raccoon in mid stride.. then my car bumped and bounced, and i cursed and prayed lol.. i pulled over down the road to assess the damage

my passenger side front bumper is pretty damaged. my fog light is simply gone, the fenderlining is ruined, and all the plastic pieces that lock the bumper to the car are cracked, the passenger side of my bumper is hardly attached =(. The area around the foglight is thoroughly cracked, and the bottom of the bumper is cracked and hanging off too. Pictures will be up in about 30 minutes, and i'll update w/ insurance and costs etc.
Old 05-02-08, 06:40 AM
i2IS
Pole Position

Damn... hope u get your car fixed soon!
Old 05-02-08, 06:49 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sux! But I bet the raccoon is having a worse day that you.
Old 05-02-08, 06:51 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is very unfortunate and I feel for you. Sounds like the bumper skin and fog light assembly will be replaced. It is also possible that some modifications will have to be done to the bumper attachment brackets based on your description. All of which will be fixed by a reputable shop, so no worries. This happens to the best of us and I am sure it will be rectified to your liking.
Old 05-02-08, 07:04 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Did you hit a monster sized raccoon? lol

I know its not something to joke about.....cuz your car is in bad shape. Im sorry
Old 05-02-08, 07:08 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MLIAISON
Did you hit a monster sized raccoon? lol

I know its not something to joke about.....cuz your car is in bad shape. Im sorry
Then why did you intentionally joke about it?
Old 05-02-08, 07:33 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Brian231
Then why did you intentionally joke about it?
Cuz u gotta joke sometimes when misfortune happens.....it lifts the spirits.
It could have been worse, you could have hit a person

Besides, I hate to sound like a jerk, but im going to say it!!......if you saw something in the road and hit it and didnt have time to stop and avoid it....that means you were driving too fast.
Old 05-02-08, 07:36 AM
i2IS
Pole Position

raccoon might be the one thats running too fast, u never know
Old 05-02-08, 07:59 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Cuz u gotta joke sometimes when misfortune happens.....it lifts the spirits.
It could have been worse, you could have hit a person

Besides, I hate to sound like a jerk, but im going to say it!!......if you saw something in the road and hit it and didnt have time to stop and avoid it....that means you were driving too fast.
The OP was going to fast? On average, most cars stop from 60 to 0 in about 132 to 140 range. Mathematically, if the OP was going around turns and could not see the Raccoon within the road and was traveling at 55 mph and came across the animal (furry friend, there would have been no way to avoid it based on the split second of time when the creature was spotted and the application of braking. Even with EBD, Brake Assist and ABS, the OP probably had no alternative other than damage the vehicle further running off the road or into the oncoming lane which does make for a good option for safety purposes. I have to give you crap Richie!!!!
Old 05-02-08, 08:02 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FatCatzIS
raccoon might be the one thats running too fast, u never know
For some reason, I feel that "Chariots of Fire" may have been playing in the background for the raccoon.

Check this out!!!!

http://thepassionatepursuit.com/imag...roys-lexus.jpg
Old 05-02-08, 08:04 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Brian231
The OP was going to fast? On average, most cars stop from 60 to 0 in about 132 to 140 range. Mathematically, if the OP was going around turns and could not see the Raccoon within the road and was traveling at 55 mph and came across the animal (furry friend, there would have been no way to avoid it based on the split second of time when the creature was spotted and the application of braking. Even with EBD, Brake Assist and ABS, the OP probably had no alternative other than damage the vehicle further running off the road or into the oncoming lane which does make for a good option for safety purposes. I have to give you crap Richie!!!!
Based on the mathematical equation of retard theory lol....55 mph divided by 2 is what you should be driving on a dark road with turns and you cannot see.
Regardless of EBD, ABS, etc....if you were driving at 25 mph you could have stopped in 1/2 the time. THANK YOU. im a genius lmao.
Old 05-02-08, 08:09 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Based on the mathematical equation of retard theory lol....55 mph divided by 2 is what you should be driving on a dark road with turns and you cannot see.
Regardless of EBD, ABS, etc....if you were driving at 25 mph you could have stopped in 1/2 the time. THANK YOU. im a genius lmao.
The independent variable not provided is the location speed limit and driver speed. Jungle friends can often introduce themselves to the roadway in a moments notice often times not allowing the driver ample time to react to the developing collision.
Old 05-02-08, 08:10 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

I think we should test the Lexus brakes....I will throw brian in the street, and someone try to stop in time...roflmao
Old 05-02-08, 08:37 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Ah...that sucks! I remember back in college...my campus was full of little critters. I ran over squirrels right and left, but it would only leave a few guts splattered on my wheels and bumper...gross! I hope the repair goes well.
Old 05-02-08, 08:48 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

We'll,

At least when Richie purchases his 2015 Lexus, it will have the "Critter Avoidance Feature" with the premium package!!!

Quick Reply: =( Stupid raccoons