IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What would you do if....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-08, 09:47 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts
Default What would you do if....

you caught the fools who threw water balloons at your car? Last week when coming home from work, I heard a big "POW" and my windshield went dark. The the lights came back on and everything was wet. Good thing I had just closed my sunroof. Anyway, I pulled up to the curb and walked back to the apartment building and I had just passed and called the leasing number. No one answered so I left a message and told her what just happened. I didn't know which balcony it came from, but it was likely from the third of fourth floor. Another guy waiting on the sidewalk said the same thing. Long story short, the apt manager left me a message yesterday saying she knows who did it and wants to know what I want done about it. One option she mentioned was they can clean my car for me.. ( no freakin way!!). So I was thinking of some other options, like have them pay for a car wash, etc. What would you all do? (serious replies would be most helpful). TIA.
Old 04-28-08, 09:54 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NO way to let that person to wash car. If you can, throw the water balloon to that person face, or just let it go.
Old 04-28-08, 09:57 PM
Signal_jp
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would ask for a name and address of the person or persons who did it and pay them a nice visit.
Old 04-28-08, 10:04 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you give them a taste of their own medicine..ask their parents if you can maul them w/ a couple and call it even because honestly that's what I would do.
Old 04-28-08, 10:04 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blk250
NO way to let that person to wash car. If you can, throw the water balloon to that person face, or just let it go.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 04-28-08, 10:10 PM
Ta250
Driver

Ask for their names and address so you can talk to them yourself.

Or just tell them to pay for a car wash.
Old 04-28-08, 10:15 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

I guess i wouldn't have minded... but i guess i am too nice... its not like it damaged the car...its not too hard to wash a car.... id be a big irritated if they threw a rock though haha
Old 04-28-08, 10:23 PM
DRivera250
Lexus Champion

are you mad that they threw a water balloon at your car or are you mad that you were couldn't see for a few seconds?
Old 04-28-08, 10:25 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I'm not sure if there's anything that's worth doing in this case. You might get a carwash, but you'll also develop a rep in your apartment as prissy if you, well... get prissy. So I say just tell them you'll let it go this time.
Old 04-28-08, 11:01 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sirkfc
Yeah, I'm not sure if there's anything that's worth doing in this case. You might get a carwash, but you'll also develop a rep in your apartment as prissy if you, well... get prissy. So I say just tell them you'll let it go this time.
I think I am leaning to this too. In this day and age, it's best to lay low or they could cause more hassles. This especially the case since I live one building over. Hopefully the other apt manager has taken care of it with her own sort of punishment.
Old 04-28-08, 11:05 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Say hello to my little friends...
Old 04-28-08, 11:07 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't be a crybaby or they'll continue to harass you. Tell the management to tell the offending party that you know who did it and you don't expect anymore problems from them. Do not confront them personally, it just allows a situation to get real ugly, real quick.
Old 04-29-08, 12:23 AM
IS-MIKE
Driver

Yeah don't escalate the situation, if they know where to find you or your car. The next time it might not be water balloons landing on your car it will be rocks.
I'm not about taking **** from people but consider what might happen.

My gf was hassled by some preteen scum in front of a Starbucks a while back and had the manager chase them away. She returned to her car with her latte to find they had wacked the trunk of her GS300 with their skateboards before they left. Cost me $250 to remove the dents, paint is still chipped a little and one of the more difficult dents still shows a little. Its hard to match metallic paint.
Old 04-29-08, 12:30 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If they didn't damage my car i'd bring in the artillery. Super soaker 8000(do they even have that?)!!!

If they damaged anything I'd find a way to get their address and talk to their parents. If they are some teen punks showing off, I'll probably charge them.
Old 04-29-08, 04:34 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

grab your super soaker. IT'S WAR! lol just playin

I'd be mad about it and just let them know they coulda caused an accident and been in a ***** load of more trouble.

Quick Reply: What would you do if....