IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Almost made the biggest mistake of my life!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-08, 10:47 PM
hiwind
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Almost made the biggest mistake of my life!

My dad works for Lexus and can get a killer deal for me on an is. It's about time for a new car and today I walked into a Mitsubishi dealer and almost had signed papers for an EVO.... I just couldn't justify spending 30K+ for a car with interior that looked like a saturn! I know it handles great and has way more power than the is250 I wanted but the smooth ride of the lexus and the Huge service department is a plus, Lexus customer service here is top notch - I'm glad I'm picking up my is250 smokey tomorrow!!!!
Old 04-23-08, 11:03 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome!

Welcome to the Club. And do post pics of your car when you get it.
Old 04-23-08, 11:05 PM
LILDANTE79
Lexus Test Driver

thats kool congrats on the new car.
Old 04-23-08, 11:08 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Congrats! Nice choice of color btw.
Old 04-23-08, 11:33 PM
hiwind
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Awesome!

Welcome to the Club. And do post pics of your car when you get it.
thanks! I've been lurking here since march 05 lol, been patiently waiting for the right time to snag an is250 and it finally happened! Im so excited I can't sleep
Old 04-23-08, 11:59 PM
likwid8
Pole Position

congrats on the new ride.
Old 04-24-08, 02:24 AM
Fearlessfx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hiwind
I walked into a Mitsubishi dealer and almost had signed papers for an EVO.... I just couldn't justify spending 30K+ for a car with interior that looked like a saturn!
I went to check out one of the new Evo's as well. I liked the exterior design quite alot, and the performance figures and technology behind the car are great, but holy sheet does the interior suck. The plastics were so tacky, and the steering wheel design looks so cheesy. The only redeeming thing about the Evo interior is the recaro seats which were were extremely supportive and could no doubt hold you in under high speed cornering.

As a canadian though, the pricing on the Evo is absolutely ridiculous. The GSR model is starting at 48 grand, which actually makes it more expensive than an IS350. I don't know how anyone in their right mind could go for an Evo over a 350, considering how much more you get with the lexus, even just between the base models.
Old 04-24-08, 03:45 AM
SebsIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by Fearlessfx
I went to check out one of the new Evo's as well. I liked the exterior design quite alot, and the performance figures and technology behind the car are great, but holy sheet does the interior suck. The plastics were so tacky, and the steering wheel design looks so cheesy. The only redeeming thing about the Evo interior is the recaro seats which were were extremely supportive and could no doubt hold you in under high speed cornering.

As a canadian though, the pricing on the Evo is absolutely ridiculous. The GSR model is starting at 48 grand, which actually makes it more expensive than an IS350. I don't know how anyone in their right mind could go for an Evo over a 350, considering how much more you get with the lexus, even just between the base models.
Yea, I feel the same way you do. I do like the exterior of the Evo, they did a good job(and im a subaru guy lol) but man does hte interior blow. And the pricing?! what were they smoking when they decided to price it so high.

but anyways congrats on the 250 man! Your gonna love it
Old 04-24-08, 05:47 AM
suorum
Pole Position

congratz man!! I was about to do the same...but I was ready to trade performance for quality bro!!! GOOD CHOICE!! Enjoy man! Post some pics!
Old 04-24-08, 06:27 AM
Electric
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You think the new EVO's interior was that bad? Man I guess you werent in an 03-06. I did not care much about the interior, I didnt buy the car for the interior, I bought my Lexus for the interior. I bought the EVO to go really fast.
Old 04-24-08, 06:31 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new ride and you made a great choice IMO. You will appreciate the Lexus much more.
Old 04-24-08, 06:51 AM
suorum
Pole Position

I mean, come on man...it is fast, but it is not SUPER FAST!! Nothing that impressive. I was sold better by the design. Performance is NICE but not superb.
Old 04-24-08, 06:54 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Congratulations on the new car. It's classy, comfortable, and a joy to drive. Just wondering, though, why you chose the IS250 over the IS350. Stick? All wheel drive? Price? I know that many here have no burning desire to have the extra 102 ponies in the 350, but I'd have guessed a serious EVO customer would want them.
Old 04-24-08, 07:05 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

I saw a dyno sheet of an evo putting out about 550 HP, but wouldn't be caught dead with one of those things on the street. It is way too 'boy racer' for anything but the track....

Where have all the sleepers gone?
Old 04-24-08, 07:16 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Thank god u didnt get the EVO, you almost F****d up.

Congrats on the Lexus, you will like that much more.

Quick Reply: Almost made the biggest mistake of my life!