IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

~Dissappoint interior color~

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-08, 08:45 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ~Dissappoint interior color~

Well well, I made a big mistake for getting the cashmere interior.. The reason why cuz I work mechanic at Lexus and after I get off from work.. My uniform was dirty and I went to locker room to change different clothes but Im still dirty.. I got a great idea and decide to go talk to the salesman that I bought a car from him.. He hooked me up for lower the price before.. Somehow I went to talked to him about the interior I dont like.. He said well I cant help u get another car because the car is 08 model.. WTF is that suppose to mean.. The car only have 8G miles and I bought them last August.. I asked him "what about swap interior"?... But still he dont help me.. Im getting more pissed off because he helped me get a great deal to get a new car last year and now he dont help.. He said "what about get the seat cover from autozone?" WTF, I will go buy and put seat cover on his ***.. By the way, I think I will get Bride or Recaro seat because I dont have to worry about the seat get dirty... Oh well
Old 04-22-08, 08:48 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why can't you take the bold away and write properly? It kills any sympathy someone might have for you in this thread.
Old 04-22-08, 08:50 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Zinda
Why can't you take the bold away and write properly? It kills any sympathy someone might have for you in this thread.
My bad sorry I like bold because it is easier for me read and correct the problem.. I cant write properly because I have hard time with english..
Old 04-22-08, 08:51 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Honestly...I don't know why you're mad at the salesman when he helped you in the first place? It's not like he could help you get a new car every time you don't like something about your car.

You should've considered the interior color and have done your research when you bought the car. Especially being a mechanic, you're prone to getting oil/grease on yourself so that was something that you should've considered right from the beginning.
Old 04-22-08, 08:53 PM
chums
Lead Lap

sorry to hear the cashmere isnt workin out for ya

unfortunately, i guess the salesman has a point. he could probably help you get a new vehicle, thats for sure, but he probably cant do a straight trade considering theres 8k miles on it (unless you were going for another used vehicle). in the end, youre the one who went with the purchase, after all, so id either do what you were saying (new seats) or try to shower or something right after work. sorry to hear, again! hope the issues get solved
Old 04-22-08, 08:53 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
Honestly...I don't know why you're mad at the salesman when he helped you in the first place? It's not like he could help you get a new car every time you don't like something about your car.

You should've considered the interior color and have done your research when you bought the car. Especially being a mechanic, you're prone to getting oil/grease on yourself so that was something that you should've considered right from the beginning.
WEll I bought the car twice from the same salesman.. 4 years ago I bought the brand new Is300 for my fiancee and last year I bought the brand new Is250.. He helped me everything and dropped the 4G off the sticker price on each IS I purchased.. I didnt know I work as mechanic because it took me a year to apply mechanic every dealership.. Finally I work at Lexus dealership since this Jan and I bought the IS250 Last August...

Last edited by VIS250P; 04-22-08 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-22-08, 08:55 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

+1000 ^^^ to what sexi lexi said
Old 04-22-08, 08:59 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

hahahahaha.... me2... i got BLACK but i work with ceramics...which is... WHITE!!!... man i shoulda got sterling

I feel your pain
Old 04-22-08, 09:36 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

This was the exact reason why i got a black interior! The interior in my GS400 got pretty dirty because im a mechanic also.. so i thought about it when i picked out my IS. Weird that you went through a salemen when buying your IS, and you're an employee... i went straight to the owner and sales manager.
Old 04-22-08, 10:33 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

As a few of you guys already know, I too and a Master Certified Automotive Technician. The grease is something I ALWAYS have to be concerned about. I'd rather get the stuff on my own car and clean it up than get it on any of my customer's cars.

I'm very careful with the stuff. I clean the work area, the items I work with, and constantly replace my disposable gloves during and after the work is done. I clean my hands after the car is completed everytime right before I drive it. At the end of the day I throw on a different t-shirt and head home. If the pants got very dirty I make sure to throw a plastic cover on the seat (your dealership should have them).

I have the grey interior. I still manage to get it dirty. I wouldn't have any other ways though. Ivory will look dirty even if its clean and black will look clean even if its dirty.

You should just be more careful with the stuff. Most of the time it will clean off. You can't hold the sales person as the one guilty of your owns mishappenings. Your car is used. Regardless of 8K miles or 80 miles on the odometer it is used once you drove off with it. So is mine and everyone elses on this message board.

Ivory cars use a completely different interior. The black and grey cars use a grey headliner and black carpet. 08 ivory cars did switch to the black carpet to help make things easier to clean.

You'll just need to stomach the wear and tear on your vehicle. You could take more precaution when entering and exiting the vehicle. I spend about 6-8 hrs cleaning the car inside out when I'm dedicated to making it stand out or about 2-3 hrs for a quick outside detail.

Or you could pay one of the detailers at your dealership to clean your car once a month. You did fork out the cash for the accessories on your car. Whats a few bucks to someone who could clean it up for you every so often if you don't want to or have limited time.
Old 04-22-08, 10:38 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Also to point out to you. Bride seats are mostly cloth and suede. Recaros are mostly Alcantera. Both of them will also ge dirty easier and worse, they won't clean unless you spend a lot of time trying and become disappointed.

The side air bag system will also not work and your air bag system will disable itself if you use these seats meaning your entire SRS will stop functioning.
Old 04-22-08, 10:55 PM
Lt Ulefale
Driver School Candidate

Dont worry Bro, Im a fighter jet crew chief and get 3 times more dirty and stinky than you do.(JP8 jet fuel stinks!) i just take the time before i go home to scrub my hands and arms, i still sometimes see black residue on the part of my steering wheel and oily armrest. I just make sure to clean it with the cleaner and leather conditioner from Lexus at the end of the week, and it brand new again. But then again, i have black leather cause i knew the type of work i do.
But for you, id just make sure to scrub really well before going home, and put a cover on the seat or areas that get dirty the most. Do not worry about your engerish bro, i am not a great speller also. If people diss me, i just gonna have to broke they face!
Old 04-22-08, 11:13 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are your dealership's detail crew good enough to do an interior detail to clean off the areas that you've stained? Just do that and remember to keep yourself clean or change to clean clothes before you get back into your vehicle.
Old 04-23-08, 12:22 AM
ne130dy
Driver School Candidate

i'm really dirty after work too.... and i have cashmere. i've kept it clean though. what you need to do it buy a big beach towel and put it over your seat when you drive home. i've been doing that and everythign still looks brand new.(well it is brand new) but yeah i'm copying my co-worker, he has cashmere as well but his is a 06. hope that helps ya. i didn't read any of the replys jsut in case people posted my tactics.
Old 04-23-08, 01:00 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just get the seats redone with black leather. New seats wont have your side airbags anymore or just trade your car in for another with different seats and take the hit.

Quick Reply: ~Dissappoint interior color~