IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Call Waiting?!

Old 04-14-08, 01:00 PM
ravz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Call Waiting?!

Whats the deal with Call waiting on the BT Handsfree? When I am on a call, and another call comes in I hear the beep beep over and over, but I cannot find a way to switch over.. Am i missing something? I can switch over using the handset.. but that defeats the purpose of the handsfree doesnt it?
Old 04-14-08, 01:02 PM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

hmmmmmmmm.....I dont have the car yet.....but I would assume that you press and hold the BT button on the stearing wheel to transfer the call?...

Someone correct me if im wrong.
Old 04-14-08, 01:03 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wouln't you just press the hook button, as if you were answering any call?
Old 04-14-08, 01:14 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ravz
Whats the deal with Call waiting on the BT Handsfree? When I am on a call, and another call comes in I hear the beep beep over and over, but I cannot find a way to switch over.. Am i missing something? I can switch over using the handset.. but that defeats the purpose of the handsfree doesnt it?
This is a good question. I have never experienced this b4. Someone experienced can chime in and tell us please
Old 04-14-08, 01:14 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've experienced the same issue. And of course I haven't read the owners manual about this yet, so I guess it's time to crack that bad boy open and see what it says, unless someone can definitively answer the question here.

Last edited by ISF_GG; 04-14-08 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-14-08, 01:16 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

i have a question regarding bluetooth. if im in the car and someone calls me, does the call automatically forward to the bluetooth technology?

i have a sidekick3 and last time i checked, it does have bluetooth. so i just enable it every time im in the car for this to work?
Old 04-14-08, 01:19 PM
stvn
Pole Position

once you setup the BT for the first time, the phone will automatically connect to the car everytime you start the car, assuming you leave BT on for your phone.
Old 04-14-08, 01:30 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by EyeEstwo50
i have a question regarding bluetooth. if im in the car and someone calls me, does the call automatically forward to the bluetooth technology?

i have a sidekick3 and last time i checked, it does have bluetooth. so i just enable it every time im in the car for this to work?
You can set it up for auto connect, or manual connect (and you can change it in the settings later on, as well). If you only have 1 phone, you probably want auto.
Old 04-14-08, 04:03 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EyeEstwo50

I just leave the blue tooth connection on (ON mode) on my cell phone, and everytime I fire up my car with my phone in range (in my purse of pocket) it connects automatically (the nav screen will flash the connectivity).

For it to work, you have to punch in a code on the Nav that will find your blue tooth connection on your phone (you only have to do this once). Once your phone is assigned, you should be good to go!
Old 04-14-08, 04:04 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tex2670
Wouln't you just press the hook button, as if you were answering any call?
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Old 04-14-08, 04:30 PM
Axvel
Driver

you just have to answer the other call on the cell phone itself not through the car system. and yes sometimes it messes up but most of the time it works.
Old 04-14-08, 04:35 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u have to press it on ur cell phone or i think isnt there a hold button or is that on my cell phone ill get back to yah tonight when i check it out on the way home from school.
Old 04-14-08, 04:40 PM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

I work at a Verizon cellphone store, and if you are using a Bluetooth Device and are engaged in a convo....and another calls beeps in...you have to press and hold your BT Headset (in this case the Car)....

So isnt there a BT Handsfree button on the steering wheel? If so, press and hold that button and it will place the first call on hold, while initiating the 2nd call.

Try this. hope it works for u guys
Old 04-14-08, 07:10 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MLIAISON
I work at a Verizon cellphone store, and if you are using a Bluetooth Device and are engaged in a convo....and another calls beeps in...you have to press and hold your BT Headset (in this case the Car)....

So isnt there a BT Handsfree button on the steering wheel? If so, press and hold that button and it will place the first call on hold, while initiating the 2nd call.

Try this. hope it works for u guys
There is no BT button on the steering wheel. I usually just end up pressing "send" on the phone itself to click over to the incoming call.
Old 04-14-08, 07:34 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't had this happen yet. I would think that you can hit the talk button on the steering wheel and it should work? will have to try it out...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Call Waiting?!