IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

$#!@%*& - The Sequel!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-08, 10:27 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Default $#!@%*& - The Sequel!!!

For the second time in seven months and the third time since I've owned my car, I've been hit. This one is by far the worst. I don't know what it is, but this is becoming a pattern, and one I'm not too fond of.

I was on the 210 freeway passing through Arcadia on my way to buy some groceries today in heavy, but moving traffic. We were going about 30 mph when traffic worsened and we all came to a stop. That is, of course, with the notable exception of the vehicle behind me. I glance in my rear view mirror and I see a Honda CRV approaching fast, and it's not slowing down. Then I hear screeching tires, and I can already see it before it happens. BANG. She plows into me going at least 20 mph, and hits me with such force that my car is launched into the car ahead of me, and that car too is pushed into the car ahead of it. That's right - one car caused a four car pile-up. Now my back hurts and I get to spend Sunday on the phone with the insurance company, and stripping my car of anything I'm afraid the body shop might damage or "lose."

The last time I got hit was a hit-and-run, and I mentioned that I wished I knew who it was that hit me. Well, this time I know exactly who it is that hit me, and I gotta tell you - it doesn't feel any better. At least it's not my insurance that will have to pay this time. I'm getting to be on a first name-basis with the staff at Longo Collision...

The damage:

Old 04-12-08, 10:28 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

What's amazing to me is the level of damage my car sustained. Compare the pictures above to the relatively minute damages inflicted upon the car that hit me and the car that I was pushed into:

This is what hit me:

And this is what my car was pushed into:

Snoopy would have survived this accident much better if he had only buckled his seatbelt...

Javier
Old 04-12-08, 10:36 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

omg!! so sorry to hear about your accident. glad that u r ok, that's the most important

well..the damage to your car is severe compared to the other 2 vehicles. how can it be? please dont tell me the metal quality of our IS is worse than old CRV and saturn???

or does it have anything with physics and law of force?
Old 04-12-08, 10:37 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

HOLY CRAP!!!

Are you o.k?

Will Snoopy survive?

I feel sooo sorry for you...

(God, I hope you get something better than a Ford Fusion this time.)
Old 04-12-08, 10:38 PM
Swisha
Pole Position

that sucks man, i guess lighting does strike twice =(.
Old 04-12-08, 10:40 PM
Tony26
Driver School Candidate

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the accident Javy. I was in a similar accident with my old car (2006 Scion TC) and instead of a 4 car pile up it was an 8 car pile up. The car that ran into me was an early 2000 Impala and it left with very small scratches but my whole rear and back right fender was in terrible shape. I feel your pain.
Old 04-12-08, 10:44 PM
mikeh555
Pole Position

wow sorry to hear about it man... but atleast look on the bright side... your c/f hood wasnt on lol.. phew
Old 04-12-08, 10:46 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Javy, this really sucks. Your crash only confirms a few design flaws I've noticed with the IS. First, our rear brake lights are WAY TOO SMALL; I've felt this whenever I follow an IS and given the amount of times we are rearended... seems pretty obvious. Now whenever there's a large slowdown on the freeway I start swerving in my lane just in case.

Also, the front of our cars are SOFT. This reminds me of my own crash, which was at literally 5 mph and demolished my entire front end. Seeing your damage in comparison to the car in front of you, behind you, AND your rear bumper... it doesn't really add up.

Anyway, seems like 2IS curse season is back in effect. Hope you feel better and get that car fixed soon Javy! And be safe out there drivers :[
Old 04-12-08, 10:48 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Man, you've got some horrible luck. But at lease you're ok. I wouldnt mind holding your wheels for you while your car is in the body shop
Old 04-12-08, 10:50 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Damn man! Your car is so nice, and only a few days ago you posted those amazing pictures, and this $h!t happens. Hope you were ok, i'd be flipping out, i can't look at these pictures anymore. Good luck with everything!
Old 04-12-08, 10:51 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am so, so sorry. It just kills me when things like this happen. Especially to such a beautiful and well cared for Lexus like yours. Hope your back gets healed quickly.
Old 04-12-08, 10:56 PM
burton159
Driver

OHHH SHH&&T wow glad ur ok !! and it sucks your car is just effed up !! hope ur just sore and nothins bad wit yo back !!
Old 04-12-08, 11:10 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

omg javy! not again! the back doesn't look so bad compared to the front. of course there's most likely damage underneath the bumper cover, but after seeing the front, i'd expect the trunk to be smashed in and ripples in the rear quarter panel n all. hope you get it fixed asap and hope you n snoopy feel better.
Old 04-12-08, 11:54 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

wow man! what the heck!!! I was just with you like maybe several hours before...dang...that's crazy!!!...Glad you came out okay...now it's time to go to the chiropractor to fix your back. Go find a lawyer so you can get some moola out of this...more mods for your car?... Like a Ultrasonica Blue Mica paint job?...hehe...but man...I live in Arcadia, and I know that you were on Santa Anita Blvd...kinda close to IN & Out.......Good luck man...and if you need any help or whatever, give me a call.

Take care,
Phillip S.
Old 04-12-08, 11:59 PM
hihi410
Lead Lap

Sorry about your car Javier.

I bet the lady behind you feels like crap too. Just by looking at the #4 picture...someone is having a headache.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly with your insurance. Regardless, accidents are never easy to deal with but just have to have a good attitude towards it.

I hated when I loss my car for over a month because some guy rear ended me.

Quick Reply: $#!@%*& - The Sequel!!!